UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / How to Cut Clean Tape Strips

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 22:28:31

Kind of simple but I just made this so people could actually see how I do tape strips. Mostly aimed at beginner modders.

2. ricesi
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 00:29:02

nice vid nachoaddict

3. Elune
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 04:18:58

A little off-topic but how can I clean the sticky thing left by the tape ? After I remove the tape, there's always some sticky thing that prevents me from spinning >.> And water doesn't seem to be able to clean it ....

4. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 04:54:03

Try scraping it off gently with a knife or rub it away with your hands. Have you tried cleaning it with a napkin or paper towel? Let me know how those work. Usually it goes away if I rub the body with my fingers.

5. Starryz97
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 11:28:02

uhh i always use the 2nd method but i cant ever get a straight cut wire tapes are easy to change their shape by pulling so when you cut the tape out, the shape is not a rectangular shape...... therefore when i put it on the table and cut, it wont become a rectangular shape...... anyway to solve this prob?

6. Nachoaddict
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 16:35:33

What is wire tape? :o Yes my tape is slightly thick so it retains that rectangular shape. What I suggest is still try the table method however go very slowly and focus on keeping the cut straight. Try to get a medium tension one where the tape isn't loose but it isn't pulled so hard that it's warped away from a straight shape. Be gentle because as long as the tape doesn't move around and your scissors are sharp, you should be able to slice through it easily. Again if you haven't done a lot of cutting with tape with the 1st method it might be a little hard at first. I don't know why the second method isn't working for you though. Could you explain a little more what happens when you use it? Because then I can try to help you a little more. Maybe the tape slips when you cut through it or you aren't lining the ruler up very well?

7. Starryz97
    Date: Sat, Aug 6 2011 09:14:42

wire tape = eletrical tape well my ruler is straight,cut straight but the tape is not in a rectangular shape so i cant cut a nice strips of tape...... thats what happened

8. cyshing
    Date: Sat, Aug 6 2011 10:49:20

Starryz97 wrote: wire tape = eletrical tape well my ruler is straight,cut straight but the tape is not in a rectangular shape so i cant cut a nice strips of tape...... thats what happened
    I always use the 2nd method too but it works fine for me even with the brand-less electrical tape bought from regular hardware shop. You might want to show a video of how you did it so i (or other people) might be able to know why.

9. Alvaris
    Date: Sat, Aug 6 2011 11:08:12

Pull the tape off the table softer, with less force?

10. Starryz97
    Date: Sat, Aug 6 2011 12:52:40

well the shape of the tape change when i PUT IT ON THE TABLE......

11. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Aug 6 2011 16:59:44

Whoa so it curves when you just place it on? ._. Have you thought of trying another brand? And yeah a video would be helpful.

12. Starryz97
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 04:31:59

i guess i shall try out another brand then =.=