UPSB v4

General Discussion / We have a chance to get Pen Spinning really big

1. Luke oX
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 18:21:34

Ok, so there is this very popular channel on YouTube(http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFineBros) that has a show called Kids React. They get kid's reactions on viral videos, YouTube stars, politics, etc. They get all of their episode ideas from people posting suggesstions in the comments. I think this a opportunity to spread the art of pen spinning to a very large audience. How do we do this? I suggest going to their latest video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XowMO-YXTnc&feature=channel_video_title, and posting a comment tell them something like,"show them pen spinning!" We could also help each other out by up voting all the pen spinning comments to make them more popular. If we can get a bunch of people on UPSB and other forums to do this, the result could be a large increase in spinners and a greater appreciation for the art. Please spread this thread around to anyone who would like to participate. You up for it UPSB?

2. ricesi
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 19:17:24

if u rlly want this to get big, message an admin or moderator to make this into a large scale thread, or an announcement. this seems like a pretty good idea!!!

3. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 19:29:17

I nominate Eriror to be our representative We should have him post a comment with one of his videos then have the rest of us thumb it up.

4. Kastup
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 19:52:11

I'd say Eriror or baaron

5. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 20:06:33

It's got to be something non-spinners enjoy/wouldn't get bored of.

6. Nachoaddict
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 20:33:54

It doesn't have to be that long of a clip. Maybe 3-4 combos each showing something different from PS like 1p1h, spinless, 1p2h, 2p2h, etc. Then again I kind of like PS because when I go out, I'm one of the only people I see with a pen who takes it out occasionally to spin. Underground is sexayyy.

7. Koza
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 21:04:03

Let's get someone besides Eriror. Yeah, he's good. But come on. He's been around forever and i think its time someone else got some time in the spotlight. Put someone with a more dynamic style in there. Anyone, Baaron, Icolor, Miyat. Or just give them a collab. -,_,- 1st maybe? Idk. Just sayin'. It'd be nice if UPSB didn't fall back on Eriror every time. There are other spinners.

8. OG
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 21:09:17

Koza wrote: Let's get someone besides Eriror. Yeah, he's good. But come on. He's been around forever and i think its time someone else got some time in the spotlight. Put someone with a more dynamic style in there. Anyone, Baaron, Icolor, Miyat. Or just give them a collab. -,_,- 1st maybe? Idk. Just sayin'. It'd be nice if UPSB didn't fall back on Eriror every time. There are other spinners.
    iColor has taken an extended break from penspinning, iirc. However I vote up Baaron, with such a dynamic style, looks much cooler to nonspinners-Miyat is really great, but it seems that nonspinners are more attracted to either crazy style like Baaron or 'powertrickers', like Peem and Supa. My 2 cents

9. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 21:11:33

From my experience non spinners like tricks that look "different" and that confuse their minds, so like swivels, spins and power tricks.

10. Koza
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 21:15:46

@Twine. He's got linkages also. I'm just really quite sick of seeing Eriror's name all over the place. Everybody rides his shit all the time. No disrespect to Eriror, like i said, he's good and all. But come on. Let's give someone else a turn.

11. Nicetricks
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 21:27:24

Ktrinh93?? He's got good editing on his vids lol, or nacho cuz .. Hes nacho

12. MystikSun
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 21:28:29

I don't know about just plain linkages. The Fine Bros are looking for stuff that'll bring out unexpected or comedic reactions from the kids. I would only expect them to get confused over it.

13. Koza
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 21:43:16

Then give them someone else. Idgaf, just shootin' my opinion out there.

14. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 21:50:58

Luke oX wrote: Ok, so there is this very popular channel on YouTube(http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFineBros) that has a show called Kids React. They get kid's reactions on viral videos, YouTube stars, politics, etc. They get all of their episode ideas from people posting suggesstions in the comments. I think this a opportunity to spread the art of pen spinning to a very large audience. How do we do this? I suggest going to their latest video, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XowMO-YXTnc&feature=channel_video_title, and posting a comment tell them something like,"show them pen spinning!" We could also help each other out by up voting all the pen spinning comments to make them more popular. If we can get a bunch of people on UPSB and other forums to do this, the result could be a large increase in spinners and a greater appreciation for the art. Please spread this thread around to anyone who would like to participate. You up for it UPSB?
    I don't know why people just didn't comment it on it already :facepalm:. I just did it, so now, thumb up ;)

15. Darealone
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 22:39:22

Show them Peem. Nuff said. My freinds freak when they see him. He is very flashy and smooth.

16. shoeman6
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 22:54:51

My friends go whoah at maybe one big trick peem does and everything else looks the same to them.

17. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 23:00:54

ok no offence to eriror, but i think we should send in i.suk, his style is very "power tricky" and thus is flashy. Ppl who don't spin have no idea what linkage is or how difficult certain tricks are, so when in doubt, stick with power tricks

18. wotu1
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 00:05:06

This is a great idea, since itll bring alot of new spinners, but think of the side effects: If we post something like peem, therell be a HUGE outbreak of power trick noobs. I mean since peem won wt09 and that made a lot of powertrick noobs (and the wt isnt very well known in the outer-penspinning world), imagine what would happen if a video of peem or any powertricker went viral. Itd be hell. So yeah this is a good idea, but theres the chance that it could get bad. If we do this, it should be eriror, or s777, cause otherwise, things might go terribly wrong. (Or you could just not do this lol. Cmon, dont you love it when people thatve never seen penspinning before go "Woah! Thats craz-amazing!" =P) hmmm this is a conundrum. Post peem and ps will get popular and therell be power tricks noobs, or post eriror and it might not get on the show (no offence eriror, its just that theyd find peem more flashy =\) Or a flashy non-powertricker would be the best. Just putting my opinion out there =P EDIT: Of course, the whole powertrick noob thing is if the video even gets on the show in the first place xD

19. Minlaotion
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 00:16:30

We have to give it a try Even if the kids get bored we all post comment and thumb them up so they can see it better

20. ricesi
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 00:30:08

Nicetricks wrote: Ktrinh93?? He's got good editing on his vids lol, or nacho cuz .. Hes nacho
    ktrihn's pretty good, but i don't think he's as smooth as someone like nacho...

21. funnky
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 00:43:16

ricesi wrote: ktrihn's pretty good, but i don't think he's as smooth as someone like nacho...
    agreed plus nachos voice is awesome.

22. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 00:48:39

Well it's not like I'm going to wow them lol. And I don't think sending someone who focuses on powertricks is a good idea. I think the best way to do this is have a collab or relay with 4-5 strong spinners and have them each show off their specialty in one combo and that way you can get some variety in there. Showing one combo or multiple combos of the same thing won't impress non spinners.

23. exclusive
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 01:00:40

Escorpio123 wrote: I don't know why people just didn't comment it on it already :facepalm:. I just did it, so now, thumb up ;)
    lol show them the $100 commercial i dont see ur comment? @Escorpio123

24. neoknux_009
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 01:17:19

where is vic when u need him. lol THe reason i think Eriror should rep is because i/pretty much everyone have confidnece in his consistancy. All of pen spinning should be represented and i feel eriror has good variety in his combos.

25. Escorpio123
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 01:19:12

neoknux_009;123146]where is vic when u need him. lol THe reason i think Eriror should rep is because i/pretty much everyone have confidnece in his consistancy. All of pen spinning should be represented and i feel eriror has good variety in his combos.[/QUOTE] I completely Agree with your statement. I think he is one of the best in variety :hmm: and he is smooth ;), and appealing is high. :O. [QUOTE=exclusive wrote: lol show them the $100 commercial i dont see ur comment? @Escorpio123
    Look for it ;), it should be there -_-. WHat happens is that a lot people comment on it.

26. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 01:55:47

people really gonna bring Nacho in for pen spinning vid? C'mon he's a modder, a great one, but that doesn't mean he's good at penspin. The main point of the vid should be spinning not talking. I vote for psr with crazy fingers like supawit or s777 or Eriror or *wait for it* ........BONKURA! and where is the comment so i can thumb up with 2 accounts. whoops i just realized something. TheFineBros channel is about VIRAL videos. Is penspinning that virial? I don't think they'd go for it.

27. Van
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 01:55:50

well if u want something "flashy" and not power tricking i suggest something like s777's thumbstall combo or something lol

28. Nicetricks
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 02:03:02

ricesi wrote: ktrihn's pretty good, but i don't think he's as smooth as someone like nacho...
    Common dude it's a bunch of kids who've probably never seen a sonic rise, I highly doubt they'll give a shit about linkages/ smoothness

29. MickChickenn
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 02:14:33

Give em some supawit or spinnerpeem. Theyll go crazy. We will have a power overload, but it will do the job.

30. Krible
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 02:21:01

Here is how to find the pen spinning comments to thumbs up: Step one: Press the "View all comments" button. Picture. Step two: Press CTRL + F and type "pen". Picture. Step three: Search through all the pen spinning comments and press thumbs up!

31. exclusive
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 02:33:57

Krible wrote: Here is how to find the pen spinning comments to thumbs up: Step one: Press the "View all comments" button. Picture. Step two: Press CTRL + F and type "pen". Picture. Step three: Search through all the pen spinning comments and press thumbs up!
    theres like multiple pages

32. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 02:34:08

Krible wrote: Here is how to find the pen spinning comments to thumbs up: Step one: Press the "View all comments" button. Picture. Step two: Press CTRL + F and type "pen". Picture. Step three: Search through all the pen spinning comments and press thumbs up!
    dude which video? i spend 5 min searching for "pen" and "escorpio123" i can't find anything.

33. Krible
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 02:52:57

Okay, I found a way to link to the comment. Here! Everyone thumbs up! EDIT: btw, I think someone should post a new comment, because escorpios comment is 5 hours old so it will not become one of the top two comment on the front page.

34. iBlameLag
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 03:32:39

Okay, I personally think that you guys are thinking far too complicated. These are 11-12 year old kids (I've never seen their shows, only saw them on Freddie Wong's video) and they would shit their pants over a collab. I think a collab is much better. If anybody agrees, I'm not going to be the organizer, but we should get FAMOUS penspinners! For instance, we can probably get Supawit, maybe even NZ!

35. MystikSun
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 03:36:19

Who said they we were going to get to pick the video they watch, anyway? When Epicmealtime was suggested, they just picked the latest one at the time. Since penspinning is on multiple channels, they'll just pick the most popular video. Which is this one: [video=youtube;rihVXhUlHeE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rihVXhUlHeE[/video]

36. Pen Ninja
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 09:51:26

god i hope they dont show that video...... the spinning... so poor...

37. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:16:43

Pen Ninja wrote: god i hope they dont show that video...... the spinning... so poor...
    that vid is so oldddd, but yeah i get the point if we do send someone in, it'll have to be someone who can do appealing to non-spinners stuff - i.e. flashy tricks/power/style, 2 hands, preferable spinless, isolation, body and environment etc - i think someone like eriror, who has mastered many aspects of PS and has a smooth, appealing style and can do 2h too is a good choice (although for non-spinners as a target, snow would probably be better, if we can get hold of him that is) about the issue of getting PS 'popular' and not underground, the thing about power-spamming noobs imo is not really relevant - if those kids do get interested in PS, it doesn't mean they'll mindlessly pursue spamming power etc (although i'm probably wrong here haha); and the argument over whether a 'secret' art of PS and keeping it special or not has existed for a long time, can't really give a judgment on that (entirely subjective here xD) hmm, 'we have a chance to get PS really big'? <-- really now? JapEn 1st has over 2 million views the last time i re-watched it a few months back (from various re-uploads as well as original one), having PS show on one more 'viral' source might not do much? sure, it gets more views, does it mean more people will join? can't really tell...JapEn 1st probably got a lot of the relatively older spinners to start spinning though =\

38. wings
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 10:48:16

F3 is the shortcut/alternate for Ctrl + F lol I already thumbed up :)

39. hoyeesuan
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 12:26:53

hoookayy.... lets say somewhere in the near future, you succeed, achieving this target. pen spinning has become popular and common. we current penspinners would get popular for a while, then, EVERYONE IS DOING IT. are you sure you want to sacrifice this place of being a special guy / girl in class? are you sure you want to give up this art to the media industry selling this art to dryness? are you sure you want to let penspinning fade away after this trend, everybody calling us loosers for not following fashion? do you want to KILL PENSPINNING?

40. mapjay
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 13:56:47

definitely must have power tricks as they "WOW" the audience and they look much different from other tricks in the eyes of non-spinners. they think everything is fingerpass

41. Luke oX
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 14:08:53

Thanks for showing how to do that, it can be really useful. Sad part is, I tried searching for "pen" on one of the Kids React videos that I know I posted a comment about pen spinning on and couldn't find it -.-

42. Luke oX
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 14:17:33

hoyeesuan wrote: hoookayy.... lets say somewhere in the near future, you succeed, achieving this target. pen spinning has become popular and common. we current penspinners would get popular for a while, then, EVERYONE IS DOING IT. are you sure you want to sacrifice this place of being a special guy / girl in class? are you sure you want to give up this art to the media industry selling this art to dryness? are you sure you want to let penspinning fade away after this trend, everybody calling us loosers for not following fashion? do you want to KILL PENSPINNING?
    You make a very good point sir. I know they've done that with the music industry, movies, and video games. I love indie music and movies and every sequel to a game usually sucks. I think I got inspired to make this thread because I heard about PenspinningOnline and wanted to do my own part. You do make this idea not sound so good anymore.

43. TheAafg
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 14:39:23

you guys are missing the point :facepalm: they react to VIRAL videos. Even if they do pen spinning, they will search pen spinning and boom japEn 1st. no point in arguing what we can send :facepalm:

44. Tentcell
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 15:32:38

Hell, anything related to pen spinning is fine. People will get curious after they watch it and say " I have a pen and I want to do shit with it" youtube search pen spinning tricks for beginners, eventually find ktrihn93's videos, and find the link to upsb. It doest matter if the spinning in the video sucks balls, they dont know that. If they decide to pursue pen spinning, they will ultimatly find that that spinning isnt very good, and become better than it.

45. DArKT
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 16:48:02

Growing Pen spinning up wont make it DEAD...not everybody likes it...but WHAT IF Pen spinning could atract people,and make then intersted,it's a persons like,or dislike...whe cant go there and say:"Hey kid,do this trick with this pen!it's called Tw sonic bust x300"or"try this one!!it's called Pun kan" this would make they think it's too hard and give it up...I think that JapEN 1st is perfect...

46. CheezyNinja
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 19:42:53

i think it would be much healthier to spread penspinning through our everyday interaction with people, or showing friends on the internet real penspinning and explaining it as an art.. i feel that you would get alot of mixed feelings about penspinning on that show and i dont want penspinning to be thought of as whatever those kids describe it is, id rather a real penspinner show others penspinning and explain to them the joys therein X)

47. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 19:55:47

Can't someone send a message? Explain that you noticed a highly rated comment is "show them penspinning" and you are a pser yourself however you know that if you look it up on Youtube, the top videos will be very old and not the quality of spinning that is present in the hobby nowadays or something.

48. wotu1
    Date: Thu, Aug 4 2011 21:35:14

chazomac wrote: i think it would be much healthier to spread penspinning through our everyday interaction with people, or showing friends on the internet real penspinning and explaining it as an art.. i feel that you would get alot of mixed feelings about penspinning on that show and i dont want penspinning to be thought of as whatever those kids describe it is, id rather a real penspinner show others penspinning and explain to them the joys therein X)
    ^This is too true. IF ps gets on the show, everybody will think of it as what the kids describe it as. Theres a big chance they might say something about it that it really isnt, and everybody who watches the show will agree with the kids

49. UrbanNinja
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 09:16:24

how about this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQEhP54gfJY:walrus: that is if he is on the UPSB

50. Cube
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 09:22:11

UrbanNinja wrote: how about this guy http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQEhP54gfJY:walrus: that is if he is on the UPSB
    http://forum.upsb.info/member.php?u=680

51. Soren
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 18:50:01

pen spinning is not viral, no point to even bother trying to get their attention imo. yes, some pen spinning videos has gotten over a million views but that doesnt mean it is viral. RWJ's videos gets over millions of views but their not really "viral"

52. MeiTenshi
    Date: Thu, Aug 18 2011 09:33:39

viral videos tend to mean random 1-off videos that EVERYONE knows about