UPSB v4

General Discussion / What type of music is best to put in a PS video?!

1. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 16:08:04

would a techno thing be better? or like something with guitar? vocals/no vocals pop rock? xP metal!?! say what you prefer :]

2. miyat
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 16:30:43

As long as it goes well with the spinning and is catchy it's fine. I don't think a ps video goes well with metal though.

3. davidguy
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 16:33:28

I think almost anything's fine really, but yeah I agree with miyat, no metal .___.

4. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 16:36:28

hahaha yea...i cant picture metal xD unless you some hXc spinner and ur spinning knives or some shit :P

5. blahblahting
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 16:38:26

non vocals tends to be better. anime music is always good lol LOL ID LIKE TO SEE A PS VID WITH METAL AS BG MUSIC LMAOOOOOO

6. Lanaro
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 17:27:40

i think it's normally a classical or techno with no vocals is pretty good. Touhou music generally works well.

7. Ice Cobra
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 17:45:05

Lanaro wrote: i think it's normally a classical or techno with no vocals is pretty good. Touhou music generally works well.
    yea thanks :] ill try to find something that has a good beat, and also has some piano in it. nothing to super fast. ill check out touhou music :]

8. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 05:31:56

I personally enjoy jazz as well as the aforementioned music genres. You could also check that out. :P Something I recently do is go to OCremix's YouTube account and check out songs from there. A lot of gems hidden in that site.

9. Raem
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 06:14:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goodRfqfIyE I shall make a solo with "Anaal Nathrakh - Pandemonic Hyperblast" as bg music. lol. ______________ I think pretty much anything up-beat works for a PS video.

10. Simplex
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 07:42:38

Raem wrote: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=goodRfqfIyE I shall make a solo with "Anaal Nathrakh - Pandemonic Hyperblast" as bg music. lol. ______________ I think pretty much anything up-beat works for a PS video.
    maximum the hormone = love

11. shoeman6
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 12:31:03

classical <3. Um, I think cheesey melody which is easy to follow, But I think if you spin well, you should try a few different tracks out and decide which one fits the best. I'm surprised that classical doesn't fit better with psing as psing is a really smooth a fluid thing... =\

12. 07 Ghost
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 17:42:52

Trance!

13. Cardboard
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 20:41:40

imo it depends on the type of collab as well, and what they're doing and the editing, it all ties together.

14. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:19:56

lol trance is kick ass ;] but yea i agree with everyone. and whatever fits the type of spinning i guess. sweet ^_^

15. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 03:22:29

liquid dnb all the way :D

16. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 17:24:28

I would say soundtracks would be really good. It can provide virtually any feel you wanna' achieve, whether powerful, slow, etc. Although the best of all is if you create your own music like the Airtime.

17. Resonance
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 20:09:15

miyat;5874]As long as it goes well with the spinning and is catchy it's fine. I don't think a ps video goes well with metal though.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=blahblahting wrote: non vocals tends to be better. anime music is always good lol LOL ID LIKE TO SEE A PS VID WITH METAL AS BG MUSIC LMAOOOOOO
    Already been done by yours truly, folks :] People tend to refer to metal as a very narrow and limited genre. it isn't~ Anyway, either a nice instrumental rock tune or something techno are the ones I usually see... if I get to a collab which has some asian pop song as a bg I'll usually just turn it off.

18. Ice Cobra
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 23:38:40

Resonance wrote: Already been done by yours truly, folks :] People tend to refer to metal as a very narrow and limited genre. it isn't~ Anyway, either a nice instrumental rock tune or something techno are the ones I usually see... if I get to a collab which has some asian pop song as a bg I'll usually just turn it off.
    lmao i cant view the video cuz apparently its banned from my country? :o but thats funny w/ the asain pop ^^

19. The Onion
    Date: Mon, Jul 12 2010 00:38:45

I like jazz. But I don't agree that it has to be instrumental. Music with vocal can give a PS-video a lot of character, especially if some effort is made to fit the music with the video. Also, I think the safest way to go is to take something which could be played on the radio, as a lot of people don't like angry metal or techno.

20. walrus
    Date: Wed, Jul 14 2010 15:49:42

dimrain 47 or instrumental versions of good songs