UPSB v4

Regular Pen Discussion / Penter MeteorerV -- Budget Heavy Tips?

1. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 00:25:34

I looked to see if this pen was already commonly used in the PS community, but only found it mentioned once in a Thai forum... I bought this pen for the first time for $6 at office depot, thinking that it's not a very good deal considering such pricey listings... Until I found this: (The sticker says "Honest Ed's, $1.99")

2. Raos
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 00:30:01

daniel0731ex wrote: I looked to see if this pen was already commonly used in the PS community, but only found it mentioned once in a Thai forum... I bought this pen for the first time for $6 at office depot, thinking that it's not a very good deal considering such pricey listings... Until I found this: http://ppt.cc/[email protected] Honest Ed's is a pretty cool place, feels like you're travelling back in time every time I visit the place :P PS: just realized that Ed Mirvish died the same year as Bonkura.
    looks intresting. The tip looks liek the tip on the lsh mx, the grip and the rigns look useful. The body mayb too cuz its like a g2 body. Nice find

3. ricesi
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 01:18:55

do u know where else i could get one as cheap as u did? maybe in some pen selling website?

4. GeeGeeGee
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 02:23:45

ricesi wrote: do u know where else i could get one as cheap as u did? maybe in some pen selling website?
    it depends where you live. If you live in US, then there're staple, home depot, and walmart. YOu mean cheap like $1? I don't think you gonna get nice pens with $1. OH look for Japanese stores and Art Craft. They might have rare pens. Penwish.com has pens but not that cheap. or http://penspinstore.com/index.php

5. Vaan
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 04:06:39

want in diff color grip! ^^

6. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 04:36:36

would it be a cheap sub for airfits? what is the size, in comparison?

7. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 05:08:54

Most likely. these tips are pretty heavy. but this tip is more triangular than airfits.. so it will look different. also the base of the tip is pretty wide too.. might be slightly wider than airfits if u're building DC mods with this tip, it doesnt really matter but SC = should just stick with airfits Toadman~ p.s. pwnz cloudman ;)

Cloud wrote: would it be a cheap sub for airfits? what is the size, in comparison?

8. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 05:14:21

FrogPrinceXD wrote: Most likely. these tips are pretty heavy. but this tip is more triangular than airfits.. so it will look different. also the base of the tip is pretty wide too.. might be slightly wider than airfits if u're building DC mods with this tip, it doesnt really matter but SC = should just stick with airfits Toadman~ p.s. pwnz cloudman ;)
    And also, it's got cool metal rings that could be stacked on tips.

9. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 06:32:09

I've had a few of these pens before i started spinning. The tip is slightly lighter than an airfit, the ring is REALLY nice =, the grip is ugh, cause when you take it off there's a big circumference of the bottom and top parts of the grips.

10. Twine
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 07:50:14

Just putting it out there, these tips are pretty meh. They have a screwing attachment sticking out of them. Not so much like Airfits as you think.

11. emmoo
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 08:25:34

Looks a lot like BK83's. If you got any old Namae it will probably fit on the cap.

12. GigaByte
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 08:53:50

is that metal ring ?

13. emmoo
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 09:10:56

Pretty much the samie, amirite? And yes, that is an awesome metal ring^^

14. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 09:18:26

Naaawww.... REALLY?! wait wait so I remember theres a more triangular tipped pen similar to this.. at least the grip looks similar.. this pen is different from what i thought right?.... Frog~

emmoo wrote: http://img543.imageshack.us/img543/9492/dscf5567.jpg Pretty much the samie, amirite? And yes, that is an awesome metal ring^^

15. __H2__
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 11:06:33

in VN Pentel Meteor V is the best way to replace AF tips....lol.....PM's tip are heavy ~ AF tips, the grip is soft and good for cutting......the ring can use to replace AF ring......and the tips fit perfectly the G2 body.....==> you can make a MX mod with PM's tip and G2 body....:D:D