UPSB v4

Off-topic / yugioh

1. boshi
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 06:24:43

Anyone still play? Im thinking of picking it up again. These new XYZ cards seem pretty funky though.

2. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 06:50:15

I stopped after GX, the next few seasons/series were kinda un-original and bland. Still have a bunch of cards and my deck :3

3. Clyde
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 07:08:39

new gen sucks

4. tacohead12
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 08:04:54

A bunch of my friends started playing again recently so I joined them. I don't like any of the new cards though >_> I play with all the old cards and can still win against like XYZ decks and synchro decks so its cool.

5. boshi
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 09:24:07

synchros make everything OP. i think XYZ will give yugioh a little more depth. i feel like the current meta game is just who has the better deck T.T.

6. walrus
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 13:19:16

GX Ruined YuGiOh. The End.

7. Wisp
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 13:34:49

No I don't play, I never understood it.

8. Wind
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 15:50:11

I play. No seriously. On another note, TG Hyper Librarian is getting too broken.

9. Aether
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 16:31:11

I stopped playing a few years ago, but I still have my deck. IMO I think MTG is much better.

10. Raos
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 16:42:49

I stopped

11. itzDaKine
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 16:55:03

i played for a couple years... won a few tournies but stopped after i watched 5Ds. Synchro Summons are pretty cool but kinda lame! i still have my decks nd shit.

12. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 17:29:51

boshi wrote: i feel like the current meta game is just who has the better deck T.T.
    NO WAY :D

13. Wind
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 04:03:39

boshi wrote: synchros make everything OP. i think XYZ will give yugioh a little more depth. i feel like the current meta game is just who has the better deck T.T.
    It's pretty true though =\ It's most LSS, TGs and Agents that are topping now. Or... at least. Winning a lot. It's just that they haven't been hit by the banlist yet. ><

14. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 04:11:38

isnt XYZ before GX anyways?... thats pretty old stuff... unless somehow they decided to make another type of XYZ (Ultimate-XYZ?) i stopped playing with cards(still have my deck and some rare stuff), i play the DS version for a while but people just quick when they lose.. main deck => dark necrofear xD Frog~

15. Vaan
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 04:17:41

magic cards are the best|! ^^

16. peninja
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 04:38:02

used to play still have 6 beast decks if i can find em

17. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 05:41:17

Gtfo this is no place for planeswalker! Lol :P Frog~

Vaan wrote: magic cards are the best|! ^^

18. Wind
    Date: Mon, Aug 8 2011 01:53:15

So... am I the only one here who actually plays competitively? ):

19. boshi
    Date: Mon, Aug 8 2011 06:57:22

im starting to. i was about to drop 200 bucks on an LSS, but i feel like theyll get hit when september comes. so im thinking of going agents now. they seem pretty cheap to make too.

20. exclusive
    Date: Mon, Aug 8 2011 07:15:12

darkhole is op lol

21. XYZaki
    Date: Mon, Aug 8 2011 07:34:07

AsianTim?

22. boshi
    Date: Mon, Aug 8 2011 23:06:55

i think he quit

23. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Aug 8 2011 23:45:05

yu gi oh became...well dumb. Compare an old card to a newer one, lets say, a normal lvl 4 monster in the old days had probably around 1400 atk and 1000 def. An average lvl 4 monster in the current generation could have a super awesome/cheap card effect and 2500 atk and 1900 def, the only difference is that the new gen cards have more summoning conditions. they're hard to bring out, but they're sooooo cheap compared to the old gen cards. BASICALLY Yugioh ran out of ideas, and began creating cards that keep getting exponentially powerful in order to keep up the card production. PS, I SELL YU GI OH CARDS

24. boshi
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 00:01:35

^true, but its currently at a point where basically everything is at the peak of OPness. this actually makes the game alot faster and hella mind games are used to bait/control your opponent.

25. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 10:11:19

It's power-creep, happens with a lot of card games like Pokémon and MTG as well in order to have people keep buying cards.

26. Jazz
    Date: Tue, Aug 9 2011 16:50:05

I remember in the old yugioh battle ox was op

27. Wind
    Date: Sun, Aug 21 2011 02:22:31

Official banlist for september 2011 has been posted. New Ban: Fishborg Blaster Mind Master Giant Trunade Royal Oppression New Limited: Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning Legendary Six Samurai - Shi En T.G. Hyper Librarian Debris Dragon Formula Synchron Lonefire Blossom Heavy Storm Primal Seed Shien's Smoke Signal Pot of Avarice New Semi-Limited: Summoner Monk Tragoedia Necro Gardna Dewloren, Tiger King of the Ice Barrier Destiny Draw Swords of Revealing Light Mind Crush Call Of The Haunted New Unlimited: Judgment Dragon Spirit Reaper Overload Fusion Mystical Space Typhoon Megamorph Gravity Bind Icarus Attack Black luster soldier - Envoy beginning is back? Fucking sweet. http://oi53.tinypic.com/16h0v4m.jpg

28. Mufoofee
    Date: Sun, Aug 21 2011 05:13:05

I still play. <_< Anyone want to trade me? I also like to talk about it. :D I like the new cards except XYZ. It made the game a bit more fun. @Jazz

29. boshi
    Date: Sun, Aug 21 2011 06:38:16

dropped 45 bucks on 8 generation force and a hidden arsenal box yesterday. i pulled a ghost leviathan and ult meister in my first 2 packs. i was disappointed to not get a steel roach =(

30. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Aug 21 2011 10:38:02

Mufoofee wrote: I still play. <_< Anyone want to trade me? I also like to talk about it. :D I like the new cards except XYZ. It made the game a bit more fun. @Jazz
    Ehh.. nothing much about the new XYZ cards IMO. Not really original and kinda "cheap". The original ones are way more fun :/ (OH SHIT I DONT HAVE THE RITUAL SPELL CARD,"prays" YESSS!!!)

31. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Aug 21 2011 10:55:48

Mufoofee wrote: I still play. <_< Anyone want to trade me? I also like to talk about it. :D I like the new cards except XYZ. It made the game a bit more fun. @Jazz
    I have these from a few years back, they come from a Premium Pack 2 booster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY7zY7Y1-b0 I'll gladly sell/trade them away if anyone wants to buy them all, they're just sitting in my folder collecting dust :|

32. Wind
    Date: Sun, Aug 21 2011 15:36:21

boshi wrote: dropped 45 bucks on 8 generation force and a hidden arsenal box yesterday. i pulled a ghost leviathan and ult meister in my first 2 packs. i was disappointed to not get a steel roach =(
    ... yo... I want your ghost levi

33. boshi
    Date: Sun, Aug 21 2011 16:47:56

really? its not even that good.

34. Mufoofee
    Date: Sun, Aug 21 2011 22:13:32

Jazz;127919]Ehh.. nothing much about the new XYZ cards IMO. Not really original and kinda "cheap". The original ones are way more fun :/ (OH SHIT I DONT HAVE THE RITUAL SPELL CARD,"prays" YESSS!!!)[/QUOTE] Lol. Old ones were fun, really fun. [QUOTE=Krispy Kreme wrote: I have these from a few years back, they come from a Premium Pack 2 booster. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KY7zY7Y1-b0 I'll gladly sell/trade them away if anyone wants to buy them all, they're just sitting in my folder collecting dust :|
    I might have use for the future fusion, which is about it. Is that all you have?

35. Wind
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 02:54:33

boshi wrote: really? its not even that good.
    I should show you my ghost rare page.

36. boshi
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 03:47:47

oooh. i see. so what do you guys think of the new format? im seeings a LOT more variety. my deck(under construction) is basically cards with level manipulation(windup) and cards that dont die/bring out more cards. the deck basically revolves around XYZ summoning. i think im going to change though, royal oppression would rape me too hard.

37. Wind
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 04:06:00

Changing doesn't really matter since royal oppression is going to be banned when september comes. From what I've seeing at my locals, I've been seeing a lot more lightsworns (YAY LIGHTSWORNS) since Judgment dragon is going at 3 and oppression is gone. A lot of chaos/twilight players too since BLS is coming back as well. A lot of backrow hate. Heavy storm at 1 and Mystical Space Typhoon at 3. Giant trunade is banned... Expect to see people maindecking starlight road.

38. boshi
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 04:16:04

i dont get banning GT and unbanning HS =l. oppression is banned? yay! whats a decent budget deck that works with synchros and xyz's? iv heard gravekeepers is pretty cheap.

39. Wind
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 04:25:04

You can't stop GT from going through unless with magic drain or solemn judgment. HS, you can stop with stardust dragon, starlight road, that counter trap for sixsams which negates cards that destroys when a six sam is on the field, shooting star dragon... the list goes on. Yeah, I'll say gravekeepers are good with xyzs since most of them are level 4 right? Not really good with syncing since you got no tuners. But it's not cheap since you need Pot of dualities to run it well

40. boshi
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 04:39:33

iv already preordered 2 pot of dualities. aw i really wanted to run a stardust dragon.

41. funnky
    Date: Mon, Aug 22 2011 05:18:13

42. SuiXidaL
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 01:26:07

Anyone want a friendly match over skype/tinychat ? Wanna have a game with a real person after a few years of not playing :D edit: I just found my ultra rare shiny Alien Mother if anyone wants to trade/buy it :)

43. Wind
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 14:35:19

Just play on DuelingNetwork.

44. Tentcell
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 16:02:41

Yeah not to make this into a sell thread, but I have shittons of old yugioh cards if anyone wants to trade. I have quite a few rare ones, but yeah, yugioh doesnt really appeal to me anymore.

45. Mufoofee
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 20:32:03

@Tentcell2 :hmm: Do you have any "Ancient Gear" archetypes?

46. boshi
    Date: Sun, Aug 28 2011 20:45:21

anyone heard of vanguard? =D

47. Tentcell
    Date: Wed, Aug 31 2011 01:49:15

No, I have like stuff as far back as the gravekeeper people, and all of the sphinxes and like time dragon and stuff. I have really old cards.

48. Jazz
    Date: Wed, Aug 31 2011 12:43:21

Tentcell2 wrote: No, I have like stuff as far back as the gravekeeper people, and all of the sphinxes and like time dragon and stuff. I have really old cards.
    Well, not so old. Hmm. XYZ still doesn't seem appealing :/

49. Wind
    Date: Mon, Sep 5 2011 06:26:48

yeah I play there sometimes.

50. juggalo666666
    Date: Wed, Sep 7 2011 12:32:11

Ok you guys The card ultimate offering does that mean you can normal summon without tributing?

51. Wind
    Date: Thu, Sep 8 2011 00:32:31

juggalo666666 wrote: Ok you guys The card ultimate offering does that mean you can normal summon without tributing?
    No.

52. juggalo666666
    Date: Thu, Sep 8 2011 12:21:53

but see it says pay 500 life points to extra normal summon.

53. boshi
    Date: Fri, Sep 9 2011 05:11:29

to normal summon a 5+ star monster requires tribute. so an extra normal summon would still involved tributing im pretty sure.

54. Mufoofee
    Date: Fri, Sep 9 2011 05:33:08

Boshi is right. You have to sacrifice since it is a normal summon.

55. Ohayo
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 18:46:55

Anyone have any good deck recommendations? I just started playing again and my current decks are a six sam deck that sucks, and 2 spell caster lockdowns. Do any of you guys also have any deck recipes for six sam? i wanna get this shit good lol

56. boshi
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 19:32:12

six sam seems pretty dead with september format. maybe put in more six sams other than shi en combo? Anyone have thoughts on the new dark world structure deck? it seems like OP in a box. i feel like im going to quit again and wait for Vanguard to come out in November.

57. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Sun, Sep 18 2011 22:13:12

If you have the feeling that a certain deck is going to be dominant/too strong in a format, design a deck that specifically counters it while still having a 50/50 shot against other major decks in a format. Thinking of stuff yourself is probably the most fun thing to do in card games like this.

58. Ohayo
    Date: Mon, Sep 19 2011 02:31:58

machina deck is gay. How do i counter it?

59. yoppi000
    Date: Mon, Sep 19 2011 03:07:38

http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=6990 buy

60. Adventus99
    Date: Mon, Sep 19 2011 03:16:14

Ohayo wrote: machina deck is gay. How do i counter it?
    Hey my deck is Machina. :P The style used for it is to send out Machina Fortresses as fast as possible. Since you don't need to tribute summon for it and can even summon it from from the graveyard, it's very versatile. Using cards that bring it out from the deck to your hand or graveyard makes it even easier to pull it out. There's a lot more to it, but that's the main idea. I've been beaten before by guys using deck destruction strategies, and also bad luck in drawing cards, which rarely happens.

61. Erirornal Kraione
    Date: Mon, Sep 19 2011 08:28:59

I have no idea what cards actually counter stuff here, since I know nothing at all about Yu-Gi-Oh, but I suppose that the same things apply when it comes to deck construction etc. Figure out how decks work, what their strategy is, what are their weak points, where can you get the initiative and lockdown.

62. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, Sep 19 2011 13:34:45

Ohayo wrote: Anyone have any good deck recommendations? I just started playing again and my current decks are a six sam deck that sucks, and 2 spell caster lockdowns. Do any of you guys also have any deck recipes for six sam? i wanna get this shit good lol
    I built an awesome deck, made of darkworld cards, it is my pride and joy. :)

63. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, Sep 19 2011 13:43:30

Clyde wrote: new gen sucks
    I couldn't agree with you more.

64. Ohayo
    Date: Tue, Sep 20 2011 20:38:41

Lightsworn deck has been working out nicely for me lol. Judgment Dragon is too good. Also, how do cards like beckoning light and monster reborn work? am I allowed to use it on JD even though it's effect?

65. Wind
    Date: Wed, Sep 21 2011 04:41:18

Ohayo wrote: Lightsworn deck has been working out nicely for me lol. Judgment Dragon is too good. Also, how do cards like beckoning light and monster reborn work? am I allowed to use it on JD even though it's effect?
    YES LIGHTSWORNS :D But dont tell me you're one of those people who joined the lightsworn bandwagon because of the Sept 2011 banlist... >> You can't reborn JD. You can, however, use beckoning light to bring him back to your hand. So I went to YCS Toronto last weekend. Didn't do so well though. Went 5 - 3. Ugh.

66. Ohayo
    Date: Wed, Sep 21 2011 18:43:44

Wind wrote: YES LIGHTSWORNS :D But dont tell me you're one of those people who joined the lightsworn bandwagon because of the Sept 2011 banlist... >> You can't reborn JD. You can, however, use beckoning light to bring him back to your hand. So I went to YCS Toronto last weekend. Didn't do so well though. Went 5 - 3. Ugh.
    lol no, I recently just got back in to the game and I don't know much of the new ban list except BLS is now back. My current decks right now are Lightsworn and Agents beat down. I really don't know how to improve my decks so can any body help me :X? Monsters 3 Judgment Dragons 1 BLS 2 Celestia 1 honest 2 Lyla 2 Ryko 3 Wulf 1 Ehren 1 Lumina 1 Garoth 1 Aurkus 2 effect Veiler 1 Card Trooper 1 Plague Spreader 2 necro gardna spells 2 pot of duality 2 solar recharge 1 monster reborn 1 monster incarnation 1 gold sarc 1 charge of the light brigade 1 dark hole 1 heavy storm 1 foolish burial Traps 2 royal decree 2 beckoning light 2 bottomless trap hole 1 mirror force Side deck Trishula Brionac Stardust drag

67. Wind
    Date: Wed, Sep 21 2011 22:59:10

Ohayo wrote: lol no, I recently just got back in to the game and I don't know much of the new ban list except BLS is now back. My current decks right now are Lightsworn and Agents beat down. I really don't know how to improve my decks so can any body help me :X? Monsters 3 Judgment Dragons 1 BLS 2 Celestia 1 honest 2 Lyla 2 Ryko 3 Wulf 1 Ehren 1 Lumina 1 Garoth 1 Aurkus 2 effect Veiler 1 Card Trooper 1 Plague Spreader 2 necro gardna spells 2 pot of duality 2 solar recharge 1 monster reborn 1 monster incarnation 1 gold sarc 1 charge of the light brigade 1 dark hole 1 heavy storm 1 foolish burial Traps 2 royal decree 2 beckoning light 2 bottomless trap hole 1 mirror force Side deck Trishula Brionac Stardust drag
    Monsters: -1 Aurkus (This guy conflicts with lumina. You don't really want that. +1 Gorz +2 Tragoedia +1 or -1 Card trooper (It's either 2 card troopers or none. One or the other) +1 Glow up bulb (Syncing power. And gives you a mill. OP) +1 Jain (A beat stick that can get over TK Raioh. And one extra name) +1 Garoth (Draw power? This guy is optional. Hard to pull off his effect nowadays though.) For gorz and tragedia, they are dark targets for BLS. Since you only got 3 darks in here... But you won't be removing them for BLS too often. They also work as defense. Spells: +1 Solar recharge (you need that draw power) -2 pot of duality (I don't really think that lightsworns need these. They're fast enough already. Well. They don't work for me.) -1 gold sarc. (The only things you will be searching for would be JD, BLS or Charge of light brigade. but it's easy to first turn draw JD nowadays since it's at 3.) Traps: -2 royal decrees (With MST at 3 and heavy storm back, not a lot of people run traps. And I don't really recommend maining continuous traps this format) -1 Mirror force (you got gorz, trag, and necro gardna as defense. It's good enough. (: ) +1 Torrential Tribute (Works better than Mirror force. Can stop most plays) ^With these changes, it should be... around 43 cards in your main deck. 29 monsters, 5 traps, and 9 spells? Around there. Not really gonna count them all. It's okay for lightsworns to go slightly more than 40 cards. Since you'll be sending stuff to graveyard anyways. So you got to take into account to what you mill. Extra deck: +1 black rose +1 catastor +1 hyper librarian +1 utopia +1 iron chain dragon +1 Ally of justice decisive armor (For mirror matches and agents) That should do for now? o-o

68. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Thu, Sep 22 2011 07:58:09

i used to play when i was 9...