UPSB v4

Pen Spinning Relations / [topic][4.9.1]Kammy's 2010-Spinning Awards Discussion

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 03:07:11

Style: Baaron Difficulty: i.suk Power: i.suk Creativity: Tie-Xzelph and Hippo2626 Improvement: Tie-Van and Hippo2626 Underrated: Pen Ninja Jan Van Drakeohmeteor007 Hippo2626 miyat walkingjacket MIB catfish blahblahting Editor: Gland Organizer: Kari-chan So here is the list of winners for the spinning awards categories. We've got 3 things we need to figure out. i.suk has been nominated for two awards AND he has a chance at winning a public award. The question is (and yes I know I said not to award people more than one title) however seeing as he's up for 3, do you think it is fair that he be able to recieve one public and one RD award if he wins the poll? And of course we have to discuss the ties between Xzelph and our own Hippo and that giant mess that is the Underrated award lol. Unfortunately Hippo you cannot participate in the discussions about yourself however you're free to give ideas on the i.suk dilemma.

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 03:42:39

Style: I think that even though Baaron has an awesome style that nearly everyone adores, he has been more known since the beginning of 2010 for his creative linkages than anything else. Also I have a feeling that, he will win the most popular spinner which I think is a more appropriate award for him since everyone can only get one award. Anyways, I believe that this award should be given to someone whose style is incredibly strong, is the prime aspect of his/her spinning and is unique yet adored by many. Baarons style is very strong, loved by many and is one of important aspects of his spinning (I wouldn't say the prime aspect) but it is not that unique per say just very developed. I feel there are others who are more suited for this category. SPRiNGFiELD I think suits this award well. He has a rather different style and and is really loved by many and it is the best thing about his combos (he just makes every trick look great). I think there are others that con be considered as well like Twine and Xzelph. Difficulty: I guess it's been established that difficulty should encompass both difficult tricks and linkages. i.suk just doesn't have the linkages part. More appropriate choices I think would be vicgotgame, JE or Penja Power: He is obviously the best but I would consider Penja a good competitor as well but this is really because of my interpretation of power and since that deffer's from person to person this'll be slightly difficult to decide. Penja brings a twist to power tricking link bust 1.5's and all that and if you consider baks as power tricks, that would make Penja a much more appropriate choice. Improvement: I know I'm not supposed to say anything here but I won't say anything about myself. I feel that if you consider spinners from 2010, there would be a lot more choices like icolor and miyat Underrated: This one is hard I think. The reason I nominated MIB, catfish and walkingjacket was because they all have very high level spinning yet they have are widely unknown Editor: I don't think Gland should be considered 'cause he isn't really a UPSBian. JE produced some great collabs like JExp and treasure.

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 03:53:43

You have a good point about the style category. I have to agree with you that Baaron is a stronger candidate in Most Popular than Best Style. As for Difficulty and Power, I haven't watched a lot of i.suk and Pen Ninja's clips so I can't really say very well. These were two of the categories I had trouble choosing people for. Improvement I can't really say either because I only recently got more into watching CV's and videos. As for underrated I would say Blahblahting but we're capitalizing on spinners' achievements during 2010. I think he got into HoT this year right? Because that would be a big supporting piece of information for him on this award. But besides that, I don't think Drakeohmeteor007 deserves the award to be honest. His spinning ability is far outmatched by the other contestants. Trust me I've seen 5 of his videos from various collaboration videos I've edited where he submitted. Not sure about editor either because like I said before I only recently got into watching more PS videos.