UPSB v4

Research Department Feedback / Kammy's 2010-Most likely to Succeed

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Jul 30 2011 16:05:30

Who is the most likely to succeed? If you have any questions, please post here: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=6640

2. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 06:28:49

wow, so close.... funny, i am having a battle with bloodgod in september, the results of this poll 'most likely to succeed' can be taken as foreshadowing for the battle result? ehehhehe jk.

3. Jazz
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 07:00:34

YEEE ISUK

4. fang
    Date: Sun, Jul 31 2011 19:54:03

there is one point I don't understand, For the price of "most likely to Succeed" is for the spinner who is going to get far. But I.suk is already very good and already have his breaktrough. Thebloodgod is not yet active in WorldCups and WorldTournaments, while I.suk already is. For me, I think I.suk couln't get nominated in this catagorie.

5. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 08:14:53

fang wrote: there is one point I don't understand, For the price of "most likely to Succeed" is for the spinner who is going to get far. But I.suk is already very good and already have his breaktrough. Thebloodgod is not yet active in WorldCups and WorldTournaments, while I.suk already is. For me, I think I.suk couln't get nominated in this catagorie.
    most improving spinner?

6. i.suk
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 11:22:21

fang wrote: there is one point I don't understand, For the price of "most likely to Succeed" is for the spinner who is going to get far. But I.suk is already very good and already have his breaktrough. Thebloodgod is not yet active in WorldCups and WorldTournaments, while I.suk already is. For me, I think I.suk couln't get nominated in this catagorie.
    while i have gotten into WT11, i didn't do well in R1 at all; there's still a lot of room for improvement/success for me :P but i guess bloodgod's 'success' can be larger because he has more 'space' to move into - getting into a WT (even if they don't get far) is a huge achievement for basically every spinner ^^

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 15:52:53

We already have that award in the RD @thebloodgod

8. MUSIIX
    Date: Tue, Aug 2 2011 00:36:25

i.suk! i.suk! i.suk! Yeeeeee!!!!

9. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Aug 2 2011 01:15:27

Everyone can individually interpret it as they want, that's what the poll's for :)

10. thebloodgod
    Date: Tue, Aug 2 2011 03:38:17

wow im losing ^_^

11. Jazz
    Date: Tue, Aug 2 2011 13:10:13

I.suk I trust you. Win this and your battle.

12. AoD1
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 08:59:10

thebloodgod is a cheap knockoff version of vic.

13. thebloodgod
    Date: Wed, Aug 3 2011 12:50:24

AoD1 wrote: thebloodgod is a cheap knockoff version of vic.
    somehow im totally agreed to this :mellow:

14. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Aug 5 2011 23:08:23

thebloodgod wrote: somehow im totally agreed to this :mellow:
    Just keep at what you're doing. I would vote for you for most improved but Aod1 kinda pointed out the "cheap knock off" part.... sorry. :(

15. thebloodgod
    Date: Sat, Aug 6 2011 00:43:42

JackyMacky wrote: Just keep at what you're doing. I would vote for you for most improved but Aod1 kinda pointed out the "cheap knock off" part.... sorry. :(
    nah,no need to say sorry :),i vote for i.suk too :mellow:

16. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 05:03:17

See, i.suk has already succeeded. To me he cant win the award. Also, who cares if TBG is a knockoff of Vic? s777 is pretty much a knockoff of Bonkura. Yet he just won the WT. Who cares if he copies style, if its good style then it doesnt matter. @AoD1

17. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 06:32:58

Hey guys. Relax. i.suk may be winning other awards that are being deliberated right now by the RD judges. These aren't the only awards people will get for the Kammy's. Every spinner only gets one award so keep that in mind.

18. i.suk
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 07:06:46

MickChickenn wrote: See, i.suk has already succeeded. To me he cant win the award. Also, who cares if TBG is a knockoff of Vic? s777 is pretty much a knockoff of Bonkura. Yet he just won the WT. Who cares if he copies style, if its good style then it doesnt matter.
    you are entitled to your opinions, of course xD but baaron won this award in the Kammy's 2009, he was WT-level at that time too; also i've pointed out numerous times that getting into WT11 is a significant achievement, but getting placed 9th out of 12 in a 'weak' group means there is a lot more room for me to improve/succeed into in future competitions...when you achieve your dreams, you sometimes find yourself re-setting your goals to an even higher level TBG is a knockoff of vic for now, i'm sure he'll move into his own stuff later, bloodgod's improvement rate is high so h might 'run out' of stuff to copy, imo -.- i think people care about this for this poll because they don't feel that a copycat walking in the shadow of his idol (at the moment) can truly 'succeed' in their own right (of course, bloodgod could go further than vic did, we can't tell yet) s777 is a knockoff of bonkura? i guess in some elements of style and finger movements you could say that; however, s777 is extremely good at a range of cont tricks/pseudo-power variations (all done with unbalanced/medium-light mods like rushon, s777 mx etc), has mastered basically all trick families (topspin, baks, wipers, arounds) has made many of his own linkages, popularised a few tricks (e.g. anti-grav IA), he's gone far beyond what bonkura achieved in terms of skill/all-round mastery (arguably, bonkura was better relative to other spinners of his time, but this is invalid point for this argument), and won a world tournament bloodgod has not yet exceeded what his inspiration (vic) did, but s777 went far beyond what bonkura did, that is the difference between them oh goodness, sorry for the off-topic post, someone should start a thread about 'copying styles closely' in GD/philosophy section or something =\ and yeah, if the Kammy's 2010 awards have similar categories for which RD determines winners as 2009 ones, i think i have a decent shot at getting one of those (maybe xD)

19. Hippo2626
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 11:23:55

If there is an issue with the the award being unclear, the RD can discuss about it and maybe change somethings if not we'll add a little description for the awards next time we do it (if we do it again)

20. thebloodgod
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 13:45:54

MickChickenn wrote: See, i.suk has already succeeded. To me he cant win the award. Also, who cares if TBG is a knockoff of Vic? s777 is pretty much a knockoff of Bonkura. Yet he just won the WT. Who cares if he copies style, if its good style then it doesnt matter. @AoD1
    u forgot my nooby skill <_<

21. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Aug 7 2011 22:22:42

i.suk wrote: you are entitled to your opinions, of course xD but baaron won this award in the Kammy's 2009, he was WT-level at that time too; also i've pointed out numerous times that getting into WT11 is a significant achievement, but getting placed 9th out of 12 in a 'weak' group means there is a lot more room for me to improve/succeed into in future competitions...when you achieve your dreams, you sometimes find yourself re-setting your goals to an even higher level TBG is a knockoff of vic for now, i'm sure he'll move into his own stuff later, bloodgod's improvement rate is high so h might 'run out' of stuff to copy, imo -.- i think people care about this for this poll because they don't feel that a copycat walking in the shadow of his idol (at the moment) can truly 'succeed' in their own right (of course, bloodgod could go further than vic did, we can't tell yet) s777 is a knockoff of bonkura? i guess in some elements of style and finger movements you could say that; however, s777 is extremely good at a range of cont tricks/pseudo-power variations (all done with unbalanced/medium-light mods like rushon, s777 mx etc), has mastered basically all trick families (topspin, baks, wipers, arounds) has made many of his own linkages, popularised a few tricks (e.g. anti-grav IA), he's gone far beyond what bonkura achieved in terms of skill/all-round mastery (arguably, bonkura was better relative to other spinners of his time, but this is invalid point for this argument), and won a world tournament bloodgod has not yet exceeded what his inspiration (vic) did, but s777 went far beyond what bonkura did, that is the difference between them oh goodness, sorry for the off-topic post, someone should start a thread about 'copying styles closely' in GD/philosophy section or something =\ and yeah, if the Kammy's 2010 awards have similar categories for which RD determines winners as 2009 ones, i think i have a decent shot at getting one of those (maybe xD)
    I completely agree with the s777 paragraph, but at the heart of his spinning, s777 is a better, more modern Bonkura. Also, I wasnt even into PSing in 2009, so I didnt know about baaron winning. I now think you should be able to participate, but barely XD.

22. Soren
    Date: Tue, Aug 16 2011 16:31:49

why is it kammy's 2010 and not 2011?

23. Cloud
    Date: Tue, Aug 16 2011 17:15:51

@Supergirl 2011 isn't over yet.

24. Soren
    Date: Thu, Sep 1 2011 18:13:09

sorry for reviving this thread, but i have noticed that the poll is closed with i.suk having the most votes does this mean that the award is going to him? when will this be held? is there actually going to be a reward sent to i.suk?

25. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 01:51:19

@Supergirl The RD is discussing the final details. The results will be out soon. The thread is closed because we only allocated 1 month for voting time. We may or may not have to change some of the public poll results depending on the situation but it will all be explained when the results are out.

26. Soren
    Date: Fri, Sep 2 2011 09:17:13

Hippo2626 wrote: @Supergirl The RD is discussing the final details. The results will be out soon. The thread is closed because we only allocated 1 month for voting time. We may or may not have to change some of the public poll results depending on the situation but it will all be explained when the results are out.
    okay, thanks for replying =]

27. Sc00t
    Date: Sat, Sep 3 2011 04:48:59

i.suk definitely strikes me as the heir to the throne left open by Vic for the WC and such, he's getting closer...

28. Eruption
    Date: Sun, Sep 11 2011 14:24:59

I go for i.suk!