UPSB v4

General Discussion / How to Improve

1. Lapig
    Date: Mon, Jul 25 2011 01:17:42

I've been really at a loss with pen spinning for a long long time but finally decided to just ask for help here. I started almost a year ago and learned TA (normal, rev, fl, fl rev, extended, fake double) sonic (normal, rev, inverse, twisted sonic, twisted sonic bust, warped, neosonic) charge + reverse + thumbflap charge rev shadow double charge figure 8 + infinity pinky spread pass normal, pass rev both kinda weak Index and ring bak that list of tricks and a bunch of mini combos but i'm not really sure how to go about improving at this point other than the obvious learning a bunch more obscure tricks but at this point I feel like I should be able to do some decent combos but whenever I pick up a pen I always just end up doing the same mini-combos. Any advice? Should I just learn more and more tricks, maybe learn more mini-combos?

2. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Jul 25 2011 01:27:09

Its hard to say without actually seeing your spinning. Mini combos and tricks are like your vocabulary, but pen spinning is more then just that, its also about how you perform those tricks and what kinda order you put them in. Its kinda like language, you need vocabulary(tricks/mini-combos), good pronunciation (no technical errors), and style (how it all comes together). Figure out what your weakest area is and improve on that.

3. RicLu98
    Date: Mon, Jul 25 2011 04:00:11

learn the rest of the baks :P if you have a favorite spinner, download their videos, put it in moviemaker or whatever editing software you have, and slow it down. pay attention to their links and learn some of them. linkages are very important.

4. Krypton
    Date: Mon, Jul 25 2011 08:43:26

Just learn all the basic stuff like Arounds and Twisted/Warped Sonic hybrids. And then create/learn linkages by watching other spinners.

5. Lapig
    Date: Tue, Jul 26 2011 01:52:25

Alright guys thnx, I think i'm gunna get the rest of my baks down then work on arounds, I have a goal now and i'm feelin good about it

6. flying evil
    Date: Tue, Jul 26 2011 10:24:45

learn more tricks.....practice more combos :)

7. Ryst
    Date: Tue, Jul 26 2011 10:56:38

Try thumbspin 1.5

8. Kcom2002
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 10:15:49

[SPOILER="Follow These Instructions"]Practice[/SPOILER]

9. wings
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 13:30:47

Play your favorite music while you spin

10. Spin4fun
    Date: Mon, Aug 1 2011 14:53:00

more tricks, and linkages