UPSB v4

Off-topic / Using Paypal without credit card.

1. J74Q
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 07:36:40

im not sure if anyone have tried. Iv created a paypal account, but i do not have a bank account/ credit card that i can use. Can i still receive money and use it on a penwish order/ buying stuff from ebay normally?

2. PenwisH
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 08:28:10

i think you can but i'm not sure. it's probably best to get a bank act or something since if you are not confirmed address half of ebay won't ship to you

3. Krypton
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 08:39:39

Some people that I have traded with (Wonder, Chris) are not 18 yet but they have Paypals. So I reckon you can use your parents' credit card or get a student card or something?

4. L-in
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 08:41:45

You need a bank card to confirm, and then you can receive money legally. You can dis-link the card anytime after the registration stage. After that, just go to postal offices and get VISA giftcards. A max of $250 USD can be added to each card. They charge a certain fee when you buy each card. Just link the card to your account and feel free to buy online. Giftcard cannot receive money though, only your account can (assuming you already did the first step above).

5. J74Q
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 08:47:27

@L-in So u mean i can signup with a gift card but the money i received just stay in my account and not into my gift card.

6. L-in
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 08:56:18

@J74Q No you cannot. You have to sign up with a master card or bank account or sth official in order to make paypal trust you, then you can receive money. Registering only by a giftcard gives you no right to receive any moeny in any way, but you can send freely. And once you have the account confirmed, you can receive money to your account, never to the card though.

7. J74Q
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 09:00:10

Okay. got it :) @PenwisH with a gift card rite?

8. L-in
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 09:20:03

@J74Q yes, definitely.

9. Raos
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 13:31:27

@L-in OMG looks like i have to clear this up again. Paypal you can sing up without anything. To verify it you need a credit card or bank account. What I do is that i buy gift cards and use them as credit cards WITHOUT verifying. NO NEED TO VERIFY, BANK ACC OR CRDEDIT CARD. Only downside though there is limits on how much money you can use at one time and the activation fee of teh gift cards. You can also order from PW using a gift card. I do not have a creddit card or bank acc linked with my paypal and you dont need them

10. chris
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 14:09:06

Krypton wrote: Some people that I have traded with (Wonder, Chris) are not 18 yet but they have Paypals. So I reckon you can use your parents' credit card or get a student card or something?
    Correct. You can receive money, but you have a Spending limit. so it becomes useless after you exceed spending limit, and so, you need to verify it.

11. J74Q
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 14:26:36

chrisPS wrote: Correct. You can receive money, but you have a Spending limit. so it becomes useless after you exceed spending limit, and so, you need to verify it.
    So i can receive freely and spend only to a limit? Whats the limit?

12. chris
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 14:51:55

J74Q wrote: So i can receive freely and spend only to a limit? Whats the limit?
    that's what I think it is. limit depends on country. mine's $25,000Php ~500USD.

13. XYZaki
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 16:23:44

The best way is to get a student account. If your parents have an account they can create a student account for you under them.

14. Awesome
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 16:30:14

I think you can get a student card on your own, banks usually want younger people to sign up with them cuz then its more likely they will stay with that bank for life.

15. Cloud
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 20:04:48

this is how i did it. i made an account, could receive money, but only send up to like 50. i added a prepaid debit card, (i loaded 5 bucks on it lol) and raised my spending limit up to 2000 usd :)