UPSB v4

Off-topic / SOTW #20: Resonance

1. teotoko
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 03:46:02

I'm Resonance, and I'm a 17 years old guy from Israel. my real name is Noam~ I don't post too much, so many of you might not really know me =P I've been spinning.... 2 years-ish now? started in october 2008 I think xD but even though, I'm not that good~ Anyway, besides spinning I also enjoy reading very much, and playing the guitar. Music in general is awesome \m/ I can't really think of anything to say, so just ask away~ :]
    ask away :D

2. JC
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 09:20:05

How'd you get into PS'ing? Is there anyone else from Israel that spins as much as you? Favorite spinner? Favorite spinner (spinning wise) from UPSB? ? .............................(ahahha.. get it ;D?)

3. Glamouraz
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 10:22:54

Hey Reso! It's been awhile! Do you like your area? When did you start playing guitar? Do you like living in Israel? Which countries have you been to? WIll you come to singapore? What do you think about me? What trick are you learning now? What do the people around you say when they see you spinning? :)

4. neXus
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 13:58:49

Who let the dogs out?

5. Resonance
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 14:16:58

How'd you get into PS'ing? - about 2 years ago a friend of mine (stickman) found Rarka's 1 year solo, and we both got super excited about it. some googling and we got to pentrix, learned the basics, and after a while I found UPSB and registered~ Is there anyone else from Israel that spins as much as you? - Not anymore I think... not someone I know of anyway. both stickman and c2r2 don't really practice anymore, so does TeaTime as far as I know, and I'm not sure about Thewave, but I think he's also not spinning very actively... Not fun :[ Favorite spinner? - That's a hard one xD I guess to name a few- seven, toro, Eriror and Vic~ Favorite spinner (spinning wise) from UPSB? - Eriror and Vic :P ? .............................(ahahha.. get it ;D?) QuestionMark all the way :D Hey Reso! It's been awhile! - yeah! I've been kinda not active lately, sorry :( Do you like your area? - I'd say so, it's nice around here, really close to the beach :] a bit too close to the border though, during wars.... ain't fun~ When did you start playing guitar? - this is my 3rd year of seriously playing :] Do you like living in Israel? - It's nice, but probably not the best place for me, I don't like hot weather xD it's a nice place to live in overall though~ Which countries have you been to? - Holland, France, Luxembourg, Switzerland, Italy (only a bit) and soon Poland~ Will you come to singapore? - if I'll ever get the chance to, I don't see why not :] What do you think about me? - you're a cool guy, we should talk more! What trick are you learning now? - Well I'm trying to work on some power tricks, they've always been my weak point... I prefer working on linkages though ~ What do the people around you say when they see you spinning? Most of the people I know are familiar with it already so they don't mind, other people will usually stare, and then ask me to spin the fastest I can >.> I hate it >.> :) - :]

6. Prince
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 17:36:48

youreeeeeeeeeeee coool do you remember helping me make schnitzel? have you tried fish and chips yet? what other english stuff do you wanna try? :D <3

7. Resonance
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 20:17:01

Who let the dogs out? - I dunno, but that fucker is going down. hard. youreeeeeeeeeeee coool - why thank you ^^ do you remember helping me make schnitzel? - why of course :] have you tried fish and chips yet? - nope :[ I wanna try real one, in England... haven't got there yet xD what other english stuff do you wanna try? :D - Dunno actually, I'm not really familiar with English food... care to recommend? :D <3 - <3

8. hoiboy
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 20:23:41

are you proud to be a jew (israelite/hebrew)? << not meant to be offensive

9. colourfulXinsanity
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 00:22:31

when do you leave for IDF training :(? plans after army? technion/ tel aviv? or travel a bunch? would you ever consider getting dreads? If you could go anywhere. where to? how's the girlfriend? :p are you part of a band yet? any hidden talents? chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry? where'd you disappear to D: ?

10. Glamouraz
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 15:37:36

You get wars in your area? Do you do sports? Is the food there nice? Which spinners have you met? Which spinners do you want to meet? What would you do if you had USD$14820459 now? Ever dated? Favourite mods? Are the stuff expensive in Isreal? Ever been to Asia? Are you scared to live in your area? Why did you change from Question Mark to Resonance? Why question mark? Why reso? Why why why!!!! What styles of guitar do you play? cwalk? If you could do one thing without fear of any restrictions or laws or whatever, what would you do? If I flew you on a shuttle to Mars, would you bring your mods there? If you could go to the moon and bring a spinner from UPSB with you too, who would you bring? If you could go to the moon, bring a UPSB spinner with you and leave him there while you come back, who would you bring? Are you tired now? Close your eyes. First person you see. Who is it? Close your eyes, count to 12, first sound you here. What is it? :)

11. XYZaki
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 17:51:38

If you're joining the IDF, will you get to use one of these?

12. Resonance
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 20:54:53

are you proud to be a jew (israelite/hebrew)? << not meant to be offensive - yes, I am :] there is a difference between being Jewish and being Israeli, but I'm proud of being both :] when do you leave for IDF training :(? - Got at least a year~ plans after army? technion/ tel aviv? or travel a bunch? - probably go travel somewhere, not something too long though. after that, study- might be the Technion, but I'm not sure yet... I also really want to do something music related, but I'll have to see how stuff works out. would you ever consider getting dreads? - Probably not, ain't my style really. I would like to try growing my hair long once though. If you could go anywhere. where to? - right now? mhm... since there's a vacation in Holland planned soon I'll go with the US, I really want to visit there~ how's the girlfriend? :p - she's great :3 are you part of a band yet? - Nope D: not in a rush though... I still need to improve quite a lot (in my own opinion) any hidden talents? don't think so really.... err, I read really fast? ._." chocolate, vanilla, or strawberry? - either vanilla or strawberry, mood dependent. where'd you disappear to D: ? - sorry D: finals and stuff, haven't had much time >< You get wars in your area? - Occasionally, yes. I live about 20 minutes (in a car) from the border with Lebanon... last war was 4 years ago. Do you do sports? - I used to, been in Gymnastics for 5 years, and Karate. I'm a lazy ass now though :( I wanna get back in shape. Is the food there nice? - yeah, but it ain't really special. kind of hard to define "Israeli food" since people in Israel come from many different countries- Yemen, Morocco, and all over Europe, so it's quite diverse. the food you can consider "Israeli" is usually more fast-food like. Which spinners have you met? - Stickman, Teatime, Thewave, Stangaxd, Shoeman... just Israeli guys so far. Which spinners do you want to meet? - Err well many- Eriror, JC, you (:P), cXi (does she count? xD ), Vic, Tek, Prince.... it's a long list xD What would you do if you had USD$14820459 now? - go on an instruments buying rampage, then buy a better iPod, Earphones, stereo system, computer, so on and so forth. Ever dated? - why yes, yes I have. Favourite mods? - Currently the metallic comssa... also MX^2. Are the stuff expensive in Isreal? - not really... prices as far as I see are rather average compared to other countries. Ever been to Asia? - Israel is in Asia? :P but besides that, no. not yet anyway~ Are you scared to live in your area? - not really, no. the fact of living close to the border doesn't really bother me maybe I'm "used to it", in a way. Why did you change from Question Mark to Resonance? - The name QuestionMark was with me for quite a while, and I decided I want to frsh things up a bit~ Why question mark? - it's a cool name, and I dunno, questionmarks are awesome :D Why reso? - best way to shorten Resonance I guess? Why why why!!!! - why not? What styles of guitar do you play? - Mostly Jazz. cwalk? - never tried it. not 100% sure I know what it really is xD If you could do one thing without fear of any restrictions or laws or whatever, what would you do? - I actually have no idea. I've never thought about that... I'll try to come up with an answer. If I flew you on a shuttle to Mars, would you bring your mods there? - Sure, why not~ If you could go to the moon and bring a spinner from UPSB with you too, who would you bring? - JC, no specific reason :rofl: seems like a cool guy. If you could go to the moon, bring a UPSB spinner with you and leave him there while you come back, who would you bring? - dunno, I'm not the hate-other-users type. if that zoulin was still around I would've chose him probably. Are you tired now? - Actually yeah, I worked today, then had a guitar lesson, then practiced for math... Close your eyes. First person you see. Who is it? - no one :( both parents are asleep, brother is it camp and sis is living in her own apartment~ Close your eyes, count to 12, first sound you here. What is it? - crickets outside :) - :] If you're joining the IDF, will you get to use one of these? - most likely not- I'm aiming for a position in the Intelligence department, which means I don't get to have a weapon, unless I'm serving in a base located at an area that's considered dangerous~

13. colourfulXinsanity
    Date: Thu, Jul 8 2010 23:01:18

I'm pretty sure they give out m16s anyway

14. Mike
    Date: Fri, Jul 9 2010 04:48:58

Have you done any sort of Guitar covers on any songs? If so, can you show us? May I request a cover?

15. Resonance
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 09:42:14

I'm pretty sure they give out m16s anyway - yep, as far as I know Have you done any sort of Guitar covers on any songs? - Nope :( two reasons- I've always been lazy to learn a full song, and the only recording way I have is my camera, which I'm not sure how great it is for that purpose~ If so, can you show us? - mhm May I request a cover? - sure, but bear in mind I'm probably not that great, and I can't promise I could be able to do it with my camera... but I'm willing to try~

16. Zombo
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 14:28:13

what is you favourite Guitar related anime beck, metalocalypse, K-on, DMC, FLCL, 20th Century Boys

17. NamDang
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 14:52:09

WTF resonance... you are nearly 3 years... You started in October 2007 , not 2008 >.< I still remember very clearly that u joined UPSB v3 in October 2007 LOL... I think I don't need any explanation because that's the truth :">

18. Resonance
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 16:42:08

what is you favourite Guitar related anime - well: beck, metalocalypse, K-on, DMC, FLCL, 20th Century Boys[/QUOTE] Beck- fucking awesome :wub: Metalocalypse- haven't seen much from it yet, but it looks nice. Dr. Rockso the rock and roll clown is my text alert xD K-on- haven't seen it yet DMC- not sure what it is, I'll have to check FLCL- haven't finished it yet 20th Century Boys- same as DMC

NamDang wrote: WTF resonance... you are nearly 3 years... You started in October 2007 , not 2008 >.< I still remember very clearly that u joined UPSB v3 in October 2007 LOL... I think I don't need any explanation because that's the truth :">
    Really? you might be right, I'll have to check xD EDIT: Holy fuck, you're right xD

19. Glamouraz
    Date: Sat, Jul 10 2010 17:09:04

How's school? How're your grades? What would you say to someone who gives up to easily? What would you say to encourage someone who thinks they're not good enough? What would you say to someone to promote pen spinning to? If you can have 1 thing in the world, anything, without any restrictions or anything else to worry about when you get it, what would it be? If you could defy physics, what would you do? Too bad you can't defy laws of physics :P Name a person in your life How's he/she related to you? How'd you know each other? Do you like him/her? Has he/she ever seen you penspin? What did he/she say about it? Favourite word? Favourite food? Western culture or Asian culture? Close your eyes and count to 7. What's the first thing that comes to your mind? What are you trying to improve about yourself now? Where do you see yourself in a day, 1 week, 1 month and a year from now? Where do you see yourself 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 25 years and 50 years from now? Describe your day today. Opinions about today? How're you feeling now? Was it because of what you did today? What're you going to do after you answer these questions? What did you do before you answered these questions? Favourite subject? Why? Only a few days left as SOTW! WEEEE!!!! WHEEEE!!! Complete these sentences (You can put in more than 1 word per blank).: If I had one wish and I knew it would come true, I would wish for ______________. I am a powerful warlord and I'm going to ___________. I had fish and chips for lunch. Right now I'm going to _________. I just had a ______ from my ________ and now ________ is going to _________ me. _______ is try to ______ me but too bad nothing's going to happen because _________. I ______ you. You _______ you. I can _____ your _______. Did you enjoy doing that? I can't wait for your replies! Good day! :)

20. Resonance
    Date: Sun, Jul 11 2010 18:36:46

How's school? - Over :D But nice.... a bit hard, but that was supposed to be my hardest year, and I'm done with it :] How're your grades? - Pretty good actually, except for math, which isn't great at akk at the moment >_< (the grade) it's probably due to the fact that I'm lazy. What would you say to someone who gives up to easily? - Kinda depends on the situation, but in general, giving up won't help. you gain nothing from it. so yeah, stuff might suck now, but put enough effort into it and it would turn out to be great What would you say to encourage someone who thinks they're not good enough? - No such thing as not good enough- everyone can be good enough for whatever they want if they work hard enough What would you say to someone to promote pen spinning to? - It's really fun, and it barely consumes time or money- you can spin wherever, and pens are pretty cheap! so no harm in giving it a try~ If you can have 1 thing in the world, anything, without any restrictions or anything else to worry about when you get it, what would it be? - Err, probably something like 10,000,000,000 dollars or something... unoriginal, I know, but it would allow me to get most of what I want/need right now, while having enough money to live my life in comfort and do what I like~ If you could defy physics, what would you do? - Probably fly for a bit and stuff like that~ create wormholes, control time... not time travel though, way too many problems there. Too bad you can't defy laws of physics :P - I know :( Name a person in your life - Chen How's he/she related to you? - Shes my gf :] How'd you know each other? - we met at school kinda, in the music class Do you like him/her? - why yes, I do :] Has he/she ever seen you penspin? - yep~ What did he/she say about it? - she finds it cool Favourite word? There are many xD off of the top of my head: Disambiguation, Diminished, Sly... Favourite food? - Spinach, actually. but I also love Cheese :wub: Western culture or Asian culture? - I'll have to choose western culture, since I'm not really familiar with the Asian one.... (lol, yes, I know Israel is in Asia :p ) I'd love to visit places like Japan, Singapore, China, and so on and get to know their culture :] Close your eyes and count to 7. What's the first thing that comes to your mind? - Weirdly colored pie. can't distinguish the color though. What are you trying to improve about yourself now? - My playing (guitar), and my laziness, which is the key to most of my problems with my self. if I'll be able to solve that, I'll also try and work on getting back to shape. Where do you see yourself in a day, 1 week, 1 month and a year from now? - Either at home, or at the army, can't be sure Where do you see yourself 2 years, 5 years, 10 years, 25 years and 50 years from now? - Well: 2 years- the army 5 years- hopefully studying, either physics related, or music related, or both. 10 years- maybe married, or being in a serious relationship. hopefully working in a job related to what I studied. 25 years- Err, I'd guess having a nice house for myself and my wife, maybe a child or two? 50 years- living a nice quiet life in my house. preferably in a Kibbutz (wiki it, I'm lazy, it's like a village-ish) and not in a city Describe your day today. - Describe it? Well I worked at school, which was a bit tiring, then had a driving lesson, then my girlfriend came to visit for a bit. in a few minutes I'll go and do math. Description- slightly pale yellow, not sharp. Opinions about today? - Not a fun day overall, but it was ok. How're you feeling now? - Confused, scared, and tired Was it because of what you did today? - Confused cause I'm always confused, scared of the math test in 2-3 days, tired from work What're you going to do after you answer these questions? - probably math :( What did you do before you answered these questions? - hung out with my gf Favourite subject? - As in school subject? Music and english Why? - Music cause it's fun- it's something I like to do as it is, now I get a chance to both learn about it and listen to it at the same time :] English, cause I have an awesome teacher and it's easy for me? xD Only a few days left as SOTW! - I know D: ask more questions people! I like answering questions xD WEEEE!!!! - WOOOO!!!! WHEEEE!!! - ...EEERE'S WALDO?! Complete these sentences (You can put in more than 1 word per blank).: If I had one wish and I knew it would come true, I would wish for being god? xD. I am a powerful warlord and I'm going to conquer the moon. I had fish and chips for lunch. Right now I'm going to either have some more or have a cheeseburger. I just had a thought from my brian and now myself is going to hate me. He is trying to Hate me but too bad nothing's going to happen because I'm lazy. I am very fond of you. You wonderful you. I can read your thoughts. Did you enjoy doing that? - It was actually hard D: I can't wait for your replies! - No need to wait anymore :D Good day! - Good day to you too good sir :] :)

21. Glamouraz
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 14:03:34

:) Haha did answering all that take a long time? Was it fun? Difficult? Interesting? Thoughts about the questions? What's something interesting about yourself? Any last words as SOTW? :)

22. Resonance
    Date: Tue, Jul 13 2010 21:09:59

:) Haha did answering all that take a long time? - your last batch of questions? yeah, I even took a break in the middle xD Was it fun? Difficult? Interesting? - Fun mostly, but it had some hard questiong Thoughts about the questions? - They were very nice, thanks for asking :] What's something interesting about yourself? - I have Synesthesia :] I link certain numbers with colors... same with random emotions and feelings. for example, I can (and actually do it all the time) describe days as having colors, such as a yellow day, or metallic blue Any last words as SOTW? It was fun, thanks for asking questions everyone! :] :) - :]