UPSB v4

Off-topic / Video Games

1. nobody444
    Date: Sun, Jul 17 2011 03:25:00

Battlefield 3 vs. Modern Warfare 3.... Which is better? What's your opinion. Also, which one would you buy if you had only one choice.

2. MickChickenn
    Date: Sun, Jul 17 2011 03:49:17

Battlefield 3 FTW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. MystikSun
    Date: Sun, Jul 17 2011 04:36:44

I personally prefer the Battlefield because that's where all my friends are, but other than that I don't really care. I'm looking forward to complete destruction, graphics, and gameplay.

4. itzDaKine
    Date: Sun, Jul 17 2011 04:45:13

they both look good... but from gameplay BF3 haz the fucking sik ass graphics! and MW3 has some nice graphics but looks a lil gay... but ima a CoD fan so idk... BF3 is def pulling me in but i wanna get MW3 as well idk:) well im gettin both anyways so... No need to choose:)

5. King
    Date: Sun, Jul 17 2011 05:18:12

Too different imo. BF3 is going to be a more tactical, team based game while MW3 is going to be a fast paced, quick reflexes kinda game. Based on the previous games of course.

6. boshi
    Date: Sun, Jul 17 2011 06:14:12

because theyre the only two video games that matter. but seriously, they're too different. while one game looks awesome and has some pretty kick ass features, the other is milked out of cod4's last nipple.

7. Zombo
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 16:39:27

who played uncharted 3 i finihsed it, its meh worse than the 2 imo, story is similar, ending sucks, no final boss..., and wtf horses go faster than trucks... not enough variety in the ppl you fight too. already sold it rofl now im waiting for SKYRIM...

8. Sankaku
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 19:35:41

Comparing BF3 to MW3 is like comparing apples to oranges. Both are still fruit, but different. BF3 and MW3 are both FPSes, but again, different. BF3 is more tactical and completely team orientated, and MW3 is more arcade, and a single person can carry the whole team. Fanboys of each are stupid, all these arguments you see are just dumb. I tried BF3, it was alright, but I prefer the fast paced twitch action of MW3. Btw, quickscoping in MW3 is insanely easy if you use quickdraw, and so far, it's really fun.

9. sangara
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 20:49:55

SKYRIM HYPE!

10. patelpb
    Date: Tue, Nov 8 2011 22:58:33

MW3. I wanted to stay up all night to play BF3, but it just didn't go. Way too boring - too slow-paced. I'm level 41 in MW3 ^.^.

11. boshi
    Date: Wed, Nov 9 2011 05:24:16

what are some good modern jrpgs?

12. Tkal
    Date: Wed, Nov 9 2011 05:50:34

Sankaku wrote: Comparing BF3 to MW3 is like comparing apples to oranges. Both are still fruit, but different. BF3 and MW3 are both FPSes, but again, different. BF3 is more tactical and completely team orientated, and MW3 is more arcade, and a single person can carry the whole team. Fanboys of each are stupid, all these arguments you see are just dumb. I tried BF3, it was alright, but I prefer the fast paced twitch action of MW3. Btw, quickscoping in MW3 is insanely easy if you use quickdraw, and so far, it's really fun.
    I think this hit the nail on the head. The Battlefield games are probably my favourite shooters of all time. The fact that you could be not an amazing godlike shot (which I wasn't and still am not), you could still do very well in a match if you had good teamwork along with a decent strategic and tactical mind. Also the fact that you could go from sniping, to driving a suicide C4 jeep, to flying a plane and bombing the shit out of people was incredibly fun for me. MW is a lot more fast-paced and has the highest emphasis placed on shooting skill. It's still a fun game and the campaigns were cool (if a little outrageous at times). I don't really like some of the dumb BS shooting mechanics in it though, like 360 noscope drop shots :s

13. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Nov 9 2011 18:20:11

sangara wrote: SKYRIM HYPE!
    [video=youtube;-pCn5j_6Vks]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-pCn5j_6Vks[/video]

14. sangara
    Date: Thu, Nov 10 2011 04:30:50

I refuse to watch it, I'm going into it completely blind. Turns out I have Friday off, I'm gonna get it as soon as like Target or wherever around me sells it, opens. :D

15. Sankaku
    Date: Sat, Nov 12 2011 07:35:24

OK, now that I've played MW3 for a bit more, I have some gripes and praise for it. The game moves too fast. And I mean that you get killed soooo quick. Sometimes 1 bullet to the chest will kill you, not cool man. Type 95 is completely overpowered, and sniper rifles are hitmarking when I hit their stomach. The hitboxes are so inconsistent. It should take 3-4 bullets to kill someone in CoD, not 1 or 2 from an AR or SMG. To do well, it seems like you HAVE to camp and patrol an area. I like to rush and run around looking for my kills, and that`s what CoD has always been about. Sure there are a handful of people who watch doorways with a claymore, but when you combine that with guns that kill soooo quick, it sucks. They'd better decrease the damage, or I'm gonna play this less than Black Ops. And BO was terrible, I only made it to level 25 or so before quitting multiplayer and playing just combat training. The maps also suck hard, they're all so CQB. No room for sniping, which is how I had fun in MW2, running around treating the sniper like a shotgun. You have to sit back in MW3, otherwise those OP ARs will tear you apart, Lisa. I like the perks and killstreaks. The guns are cool too, just nerf them all a bit. The controls are tight, I just wish that double tapping Y was the same as all other CoD games. And the campaign was amazing. Best one of all the CoDs, IMO.

16. Sankaku
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 20:12:11

K, I guess the game is ok now xDD Been playing lots of kill confirmed, and there's a LOT less camping; I think that KC will be my go to gametype now. Played 9 or 10 game of it today, did pretty well, KD of about 2.0 each game. It's helped bring my overall KD above positive now lol, before it was like, 0.98 or some ghey shit like that. Support killstreaks are awesome, and silenced ARs are the shit. I'm dying less too, and today avg'd more than 15 kills per game. I'm liking this game some more now =D Although sniping is totally dead, and those who do quickscope are usually punished (well, the ones in my lobbies today went hella negative) just cuz the ARs are just so much more powerful and easy to use.

17. Xero
    Date: Wed, Nov 16 2011 23:58:37

Sankaku wrote: OK, now that I've played MW3 for a bit more, I have some gripes and praise for it. The game moves too fast. And I mean that you get killed soooo quick. Sometimes 1 bullet to the chest will kill you, not cool man. Type 95 is completely overpowered, and sniper rifles are hitmarking when I hit their stomach. The hitboxes are so inconsistent. It should take 3-4 bullets to kill someone in CoD, not 1 or 2 from an AR or SMG. To do well, it seems like you HAVE to camp and patrol an area. I like to rush and run around looking for my kills, and that`s what CoD has always been about. Sure there are a handful of people who watch doorways with a claymore, but when you combine that with guns that kill soooo quick, it sucks. They'd better decrease the damage, or I'm gonna play this less than Black Ops. And BO was terrible, I only made it to level 25 or so before quitting multiplayer and playing just combat training. The maps also suck hard, they're all so CQB. No room for sniping, which is how I had fun in MW2, running around treating the sniper like a shotgun. You have to sit back in MW3, otherwise those OP ARs will tear you apart, Lisa. I like the perks and killstreaks. The guns are cool too, just nerf them all a bit. The controls are tight, I just wish that double tapping Y was the same as all other CoD games. And the campaign was amazing. Best one of all the CoDs, IMO.
    This is why I played the shit out of Halo: Reach. I got a 35 kill sniping streak with a hand tied behind my back. I've never enjoyed any Call of Duty multiplayer because of how quickly one can die due to the perks and shit. I am, however, looking forward to Spec Ops like a mother fucker. Definitely the some of the most gaming fun I've had ever was in SO. What is up with Kill Confirmed? What's it like?

18. Sankaku
    Date: Thu, Nov 17 2011 06:18:23

Specs Ops is fun as shit, seems like people are addicted to the obstacle course one. My best time was like, 27.8 seconds or something, but I have people on my friends list playing that for hours just to get the best time. I've played Survival too, with a buddy, and it's fun as hell as well. Kill Confirmed is my go-to gametype; lots of running around, searching for kills, it just sucks when they spawn the guy just killed around the corner. Once in a while I got a lobby where people didn't give a crap about dog tags, and just kill to up their K/D, but for the most part, I think it's a great game type. Whenever I play online, I start off by playing 5 or 6 rounds of Survival mode just to get my aim warmed up. I just wish they had Combat Training like they did in Black Ops =\ But I'm ditching MW3 for now, Assassin's Creed Revelations is just begging to be played. Plus there is Saints Row 3. I want.

19. Xero
    Date: Thu, Nov 17 2011 16:43:49

This fall/spring's game load is absurd. Batman ftw. :banana:

20. NoRice4U
    Date: Thu, Nov 17 2011 18:35:28

Some of the new gametypes from MW3 such as kill confirmed and team defender are pretty fun, although the spawning system in pretty much any gametype is just completely broken.

21. Sankaku
    Date: Fri, Nov 18 2011 07:45:00

It's Call of Duty, the spawns are MADE broken lol. So AAA titles recently. MW3, Skyrim, NFS The Run, Batman, AC Revelations, Saints Row 3, BF3, Forza 4. Hot damn.

22. NoRice4U
    Date: Fri, Nov 18 2011 07:58:48

The spawning in call of duty games has never really been broken like it is in MW3 with the exception of in demolition in blackops though :/

23. Quake
    Date: Sat, Nov 19 2011 18:19:00

u guys know of any free single player rpgs that dont require internet? cant seem to find any. as of now, im stuck with minecraft.

24. Lettuce
    Date: Sat, Nov 19 2011 21:13:20

BF3 is awful and unbalanced.

25. Sankaku
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 08:24:13

Went back to MW2 today after raging lots at MW3; I was going super negative and getting killed in bullshit manners. Nobody was really on MW2, but I still had more fun than I did in MW3. FFA with a sniper was fun, and overall I think the game mechanics of MW2 are better than that of MW3. You can still do good on a mediocre connection, and the maps are more well planned, with long sightlines and CQB areas. MW2 > MW3, in my opinion. CoD4, eh, idk where that stands, I didn't play enough of it. But for me, I'm gonna say MW2 > CoD4 > MW3. Treyarch stuff just fails overall, so I ain't even going there.

26. SuiXidaL
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 14:22:40

Sankaku wrote: Went back to MW2 today after raging lots at MW3; I was going super negative and getting killed in bullshit manners. Nobody was really on MW2, but I still had more fun than I did in MW3. FFA with a sniper was fun, and overall I think the game mechanics of MW2 are better than that of MW3. You can still do good on a mediocre connection, and the maps are more well planned, with long sightlines and CQB areas. MW2 > MW3, in my opinion. CoD4, eh, idk where that stands, I didn't play enough of it. But for me, I'm gonna say MW2 > CoD4 > MW3. Treyarch stuff just fails overall, so I ain't even going there.
    I know how you feel [video=youtube;K2ekf8v8n1w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ekf8v8n1w&feature=feedu[/video]

27. juggalo666666
    Date: Mon, Nov 21 2011 15:27:16

I miss the old days when the NES was popular. I had duck hunting and the original SMB... Ah those were the days.

28. Soren
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 17:28:36

Battlefield 3 or Modern Warfare 3 and why? I'm planning on getting a ps3 and im not sure which one of these games i want to get. Help me decide please. IMO BF3 looks better, but hardly any of my friends has BF3.

29. neXus
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 18:17:19

From what I hear they're both shit but it depends on what your playstyle is: Fast-paced aim-oriented shooting or tactical decision making and outsmarting your opponents.

30. Soren
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 18:19:02

neXus wrote: From what I hear they're both shit but it depends on what your playstyle is: Fast-paced aim-oriented shooting or tactical decision making and outsmarting your opponents.
    i prefer fast paced

31. neXus
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 18:23:43

Then Modern Warfare should probably be your choice.

32. Soren
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 18:28:53

neXus wrote: Then Modern Warfare should probably be your choice.
    cool, i'll take that into consideration

33. Frip
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 18:51:25

get MW3 if you've never played COD on a console before.

34. Xero
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 17:14:16

Modern Warfare 3. If you played the first two, then you'll know why.

35. Sankaku
    Date: Sat, Nov 26 2011 17:53:46

Techno Kitteh Adventures

36. Eazy
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 01:59:35

Why don't just get both? XD

37. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 02:39:46

neXus wrote: From what I hear they're both shit but it depends on what your playstyle is: Fast-paced aim-oriented shooting or tactical decision making and outsmarting your opponents.
    lol TBH you've got them backwards in my opinion. MW3 is about outsmarting because it's way less people, so the way you go about it can hugely influence how well you do BF3 is aim-based (not fast paced though), because A. There's bullet drop and bullet travel time and B. It's like 64 player games so it's just two walls of enemies firing at each other, there are too many people to really sneak around behind them or anything. I have about 60 hours in BF3 and I've never felt like i've "outsmarted" someone or been outsmarted. It was just that he shot me first or I shot him first I like bf3 better though because it's not a twitch-shooter, you can actually aim at shit

38. neXus
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 14:41:49

With outsmarting I meant more team-based instead of individual players outsmarting one-another. Tactical decisions and whatnot.

39. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 17:49:32

Bf3 doesn't even have team chat lol, no communication or teamwork at all

40. neXus
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 20:02:16

Which is why for Battlefield you find people to play with.

41. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 21:02:27

lol you're really sticking to your guns for someone who hasn't played either game :P

42. Pen Ninja
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 22:16:42

it annoys me that the thread title just mentions video games in general... has gaming just been boiled down to CoD and Battlefield? There's other games... It's like me posting a thread "Best pen for spinning, ever" and giving you the option of Buster or Ivan mod

43. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 22:27:13

The subtitle is pretty clear lol the title is just a general topic

44. Froggy
    Date: Tue, Nov 29 2011 22:42:27

RE ORC looks boring now... Frog~

45. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 01:06:47

Pen Ninja wrote: it annoys me that the thread title just mentions video games in general... has gaming just been boiled down to CoD and Battlefield? There's other games... It's like me posting a thread "Best pen for spinning, ever" and giving you the option of Buster or Ivan mod
    the thread started as a poll on bf3 vs mw3 and then turned into a general thread

46. funnky
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 01:23:09

im currently number 9 in the world for hardcore killconfirmed on ps3. and like 115 in world for score. and 6th prestige. i play alot and is pretty good

47. sangara
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 02:26:17

That's great except no one actually cares about CoD.

48. funnky
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 04:16:02

sangara wrote: That's great except no one actually cares about CoD.
    too bad ur wrong nigga

49. neXus
    Date: Wed, Nov 30 2011 13:20:36

strat1227 wrote: lol you're really sticking to your guns for someone who hasn't played either game :P
    I have played MW3. Can't say I enjoyed it though.