UPSB v4

General Discussion / Scam or no scam?

1. Spin4fun
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 16:47:59

i dont know where to post this so i think this section is the best. Ok so here is the problem, i have been trading with a member called Spiral with 3 feedback, i have sent my items and he have recieved it. He claimed to have sent his items but i havnt recieve, i told him that if i dont recieve his package in 2 weeks i will give him negative feedback until i recieve, and he does not want me to give him negative feedback because of his rule: "I will not be responsible for any lost of items in the mail" if something is lost inside i will not complain, but i havnt even recieved the mail, both he and me wanted to post this up to see what you people think about this? Do i give him a negative feedback until i recieve, or just leave it. Btw he is not using Canadian postal service and its about $50 USD worth of trade. Please comment on what you think i should do, thx for reading this :)

2. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 16:54:46

id wait 2 week like u said and if you dont get it negitive feedback. most things dont just disappear when mailing somethings fall out but whole packages rarely never make it.

3. Spin4fun
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 17:04:25

i agree with you, :D lol i have recieved from other people like fran as well, and gave him the same address so it couldnt be address problem too, it has been about 3 weeks since he claimed he sent

4. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 17:13:16

@Spin4fun is he sending from CANADA? and id just wait a little longer and see what happens EDIT: respond to meh PM please :D

5. Soren
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 17:26:38

well just because things hardly ever gets lost in the mail doesnt mean that it wont, i sent money to penwish but he never recieved it but then again, he only has 3 feedback, but if they are all positive, then i think you can trust that guy just wait 2 more weeks and see if you recieve it note: i think this should be in the off-topic section

6. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 17:31:20

well if you send money and dont cover it up mail people steal it all the time. im meaning sending pens. u can see money though a envelope

7. Soren
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 17:38:06

funnky wrote: well if you send money and dont cover it up mail people steal it all the time. im meaning sending pens. u can see money though a envelope
    but i did cover up the money...

8. AWtii69
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 17:42:41

ask for the shipment reciept, if he doesnt have, if he says he threw it out, bam, negative fb. if he has it, wwait a bit longer

9. Spiral
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 17:44:28

Hum, it was a TRADE, he didn't bought anything, it was a trade (pens for pens). I've send the June 10th (or 12th, donc remember exactly) by airmail.

10. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 17:44:34

Supergirl wrote: but i did cover up the money...
    oh. that sucks supergirl. well i guess i was wrong

11. Spin4fun
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 18:15:38

lol yes i didnt buy anything =.=ll

12. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 18:19:18

what are you guys trading? im just wondering

13. Spin4fun
    Date: Mon, Jul 4 2011 03:39:08

he is getting twinart mod while i am getting dr. grip and superpirats. Wonder if ill ever get it...

14. drgripable
    Date: Mon, Jul 4 2011 04:46:33

Supergirl wrote: well just because things hardly ever gets lost in the mail doesnt mean that it wont, i sent money to penwish but he never recieved it but then again, he only has 3 feedback, but if they are all positive, then i think you can trust that guy just wait 2 more weeks and see if you recieve it note: i think this should be in the off-topic section
    off topic? more like trade value/scammer discussion in the trading and buying section? Oh, and a tip for you guys sending money, fold the money, write a note on an index card indicating what you bought and a little note for the person, put the money inside the index card, fold the index card with the money inside it, and seal with tape. Also, don't send coins! its a DEAD giveaway. if an order is like $.50 off, just tell them to add a grip or somethingand make the dollar even. $.50 is not that much.... -.-'

15. Spiral
    Date: Mon, Jul 4 2011 07:27:46

Please, read the whole topic ^^ it is a trade, he didn't bought anything.

16. Cloud
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 00:23:25

Well, I personally don't get the 2 week rule some people have. I mean, it takes longer than 2 weeks for mail to get to some places. If it was a domestic trade, I'd understand but international, it depends. I'd say wait a month, then submit feedback. Mail does get lost or intercepted sometimes. @Supergirl Penwish doesn't have feedback because he runs a business. People don't actually give him feedback, otherwise, he'd have a few hundred. I've done several cash orders with him, no problem. I have a thing about wrapping paper around money. Not too environmentally friendly but yeah. $1-30 = 1 sheets $31-50 = 2 sheets $51+ = 3 sheets

17. Nachoaddict
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 00:30:13

There is a trade value/scammer discussion thread you know... Anyways if it's a major trade like $50, you really need to negotiate and get him to send maybe half the stuff or something if it doesn't arrive. That's a real dick move making someone send $50 of stuff and not trying to negotiate if it's lost...

18. Colin
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 00:35:28

@Spin4fun French shipping takes FUCKING FOREVER. Dont even get me started on fucking Singapore. No one is really at fault here. If he's still responding to your PM's, thats a sure sign that he didnt scam you. Just remember: shitty shippingx2 =shitty²

19. Colin
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 00:37:13

and when he says lost items, he doesnt mean INSIDE the fucking package, he means the package itself

20. Riley
    Date: Tue, Jul 5 2011 21:47:16

He's not a scammer. It's been about a week and one day, and I live in the US, and I just received today. So it could have been a address mistake. :/