UPSB v4

Research Department Feedback / Questions/Requests for the RD

1. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Jun 8 2010 20:16:59

If you have any question involving any form of PS research, ask here. We'll promise to take a look at it, if it isn't already being researched!

2. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 04:24:48

Will the all the RD discussion be transferred here from v3?

3. Zombo
    Date: Fri, Jun 25 2010 04:42:54

you can start up all the topics if you wish.

4. Twine
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 07:41:32

Does the RD have like a private part of the forum to discuss ideas and stuff? (like a hidden to regulars like myself)

5. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Sep 16 2010 11:49:28

yes

6. Hexbinmos
    Date: Wed, Sep 22 2010 20:29:50

I would like start up a new topic : 2p1h. But where could I start up this topic please ? And what do you think about it ?

7. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Sep 22 2010 20:31:20

here is the public part of the RD you need to start it in the private part. pm me if u need help

8. Froggy
    Date: Wed, Dec 8 2010 07:12:49

I want to look at the article about how penspinning started.. I think it was talked about like a while ago in V3, but the dl link to the article died quite a while already anyone still have the file? PrinceXD

9. Sabaku狐
    Date: Mon, Dec 20 2010 16:23:11

PrinceXD wrote: I want to look at the article about how penspinning started.. I think it was talked about like a while ago in V3, but the dl link to the article died quite a while already anyone still have the file? PrinceXD
    Well this is what I've been doing to access the old articles, since it seems the wiki is broken for now. Take the link and put it into google, then find the title of the article (usually the first link). If it's there, then click "cached" just underneath the description of the link. Hopefully google has cached the page you wanted, pictures and all.

10. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Dec 20 2010 17:26:26

its about the mediafire link expiring. unless u're actually referring to that >__>|| PrinceXD

Sabaku狐 wrote: Well this is what I've been doing to access the old articles, since it seems the wiki is broken for now. Take the link and put it into google, then find the title of the article (usually the first link). If it's there, then click "cached" just underneath the description of the link. Hopefully google has cached the page you wanted, pictures and all.

11. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Dec 20 2010 19:37:12

u'll have to ask Banz, he's the one who got a copy

12. Kirby
    Date: Wed, Apr 6 2011 01:56:48

This shit is dead, is there even a need for this department (ironic because I previously wanted to be in it)?

13. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Apr 6 2011 16:30:48

just because there hasn't any public release doesnt mean the RD is dead. we have a few active discussions in our private section right now

14. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:55:30

lol aright, it just seemed hellas dead

15. 13371337
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 21:32:11

Kirby wrote: lol aright, it just seemed hellas dead
    It is 'hella dead'. The most recent post was 4 days ago and the next most active thread after that, the latest post is two weeks ago.

16. chris
    Date: Fri, Apr 8 2011 23:01:13

13371337 wrote: It is 'hella dead'. The most recent post was 4 days ago and the next most active thread after that, the latest post is two weeks ago.
    That's why there's what we call, private section.

17. Kirby
    Date: Sat, Apr 9 2011 04:15:01

13371337 wrote: It is 'hella dead'. The most recent post was 4 days ago and the next most active thread after that, the latest post is two weeks ago.
    wdf? are you being sarcastic? I can't tell, who the fuck are you anyway?

18. jet
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 02:55:22

has there ever been an inflation in pen mod prices? i havent been here for a long time, so jw

19. Zombo
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 12:26:42

yes, for example the 3000*f increased in value when it was out of print and every year that goes by makes limited edition pens more valuable, like PDS v1

20. KIRGO
    Date: Mon, Jul 25 2011 12:42:28

What about trying to give names to tricks again, but in a very intelligent way? That is to say: inventing name and notations that can be addapted for different tricks? The problem is that breakdown is no more able to describe precisely all the moves, the notation is toooooooooooo heavy, and finally, spinners invented names that "become" official without being necessarily addapted...

21. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Jul 25 2011 13:57:46

Usually, tricks can be described under hybrid notation and people simply choose to use shortened names. The hope is that the majority of spinners can communicate using the standard notation.

22. KIRGO
    Date: Mon, Jul 25 2011 16:36:27

Thx for deplacing my post :) I've made a video to be more precise. Some tricks DO NOT HAVE a breakdown. Other tricks have a veeeeeeeeeeeeeeery long breakdown, and absolutely not clear :o For example: charge 23 ~> inverse twisted sonic 23-12 & twisted sonic 23-34 ~> side 2,3 -> fingerswitch 14-23 -> charge 23 GOOD LUCK :bye: So here's a vid with example of "unnamed tricks" which are really interesting, but with no breakdown. I've given them names to simplify and to illustrate what I meant in my previous post: we can give "intelligent names". [video=youtube;jqQC4OCrnx0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqQC4OCrnx0[/video]

23. Freeman
    Date: Wed, Jul 27 2011 20:53:34

The problem is that for combos an hybrids there are infinite posibilities, so they don't deserve an unique name. Also, hand and finger positioning that doesn't affect a trick doesn't change it. The main problem is the lack of a finger positioning notation. With the actual notation, I would describe your tricks as: "crossaround reverse 34-34" - This is actually a Fingerless Pinkyaround Reverse 344-344 with 3 and 4 crossed. The fingercrossing doesn't affect the trick for its push, spin nor catch comparing it with the same concept without cross. "side twisted flush sonic" - Warped Sonic 23-34 ~ Side Sonic 34-12 ~> Pass 14-23 (with 3 going out to in). "phalanx spin 0.5" - Index Side Spin Rev 0.5 12-12 "inverse indexaround" - Inverse Twisted Sonic 23-12 ~> Fingerless Indexaround Normal - just a different push; same for the Middlearound and Thumbaround.

24. KIRGO
    Date: Thu, Jul 28 2011 08:22:29

Freeman wrote: The problem is that for combos an hybrids there are infinite posibilities, so they don't deserve an unique name. Also, hand and finger positioning that doesn't affect a trick doesn't change it. The main problem is the lack of a finger positioning notation.
    I agree, but for example if you take the "Sonic", you do not need to describe the position of the middle finger during this trick, everyone knows its position. It's the same for a Flush sonic =) fortunately this trick has a name!!
    "crossaround reverse 34-34" - This is actually a Fingerless Pinkyaround Reverse 344-344 with 3 and 4 crossed.
    The pen doesn't turn around the Pinky, but around the ring finger ;)
    The fingercrossing doesn't affect the trick for its push, spin nor catch comparing it with the same concept without cross.
    So the name "Crossaround" is perfect: it's an around, but with the 3 and 4 crossed. We could add precision: Reverse RingCrossAround 34 We could imagine a Reverse PinkyCrossAround 43 We could add a convention for FingerCrossing, in order to add precision: We decide that [FC 34] means that the ring finger is crossed under the pinky, and [FC 43] means that the pinky is crossed above the ringfinger, and all the fingercross possibilities are treated. To sum up: [FC 34] RingCrossAround reverse 34-34 And the way the pen has to be held is included in the name of the trick: RingCROSSaround (the AIM of inventing new name is to describe MORE, in few words. Presently, breakdown notation has become soooo complicated that it is almost useless...)
    "side twisted flush sonic" - Warped Sonic 23-34 ~ Side Sonic 34-12 ~> Pass 14-23 (with 3 going out to in).
    Warped sonic doesn't exist anymore, through a decision of the Research Department :grin: Severall problems with the actual notation for this hybrid: No possibility to take into account the simultaneity of the twisted sonic 23-34 and the inverse twisted sonic 23-12. That's why I used '&' to describe this trick. Otherwise it would have been: Warped sonic 23-34 ~ Inverse sonic 34-12 ~ Side (2,3) -> fingerswitch 14-23 or something like that... Well, knowing that a Flush Sonic is something like "Sonic 23-34 & inverse sonic 23-12" at the begining, and that my hybrid is "Twisted sonic 23-34 & inverse twisted sonic 23-12" I think that it's better to give the name "Twisted Flush Sonic" to that hybrid rather than inventing a new name, but otherwise I can invent a name you know ^^ And I'm not speaking of ALL THE PROBLEM linked to the "side" in this post, and about the notation that I propose, because I've already done it on UPSB v3, without an answer (but obviously I'm the only one concerned by the notation of the hybrid in the world :D ) "phalanx spin 0.5" - Index Side Spin Rev 0.5 12-12 I didn' know the "Side Spin", but it's not important. In my mind, "Phalanx spin" is more a category of spin: it's a spin on the phalanx when the finger is bent. The spider spin is a phalanx spin. The problem is that each time someone is doing a spin on a bent finger, the breakdown is "Spider Spin" u_______u' So pleaaaaaaaaase I'd like to find a name, even if it's not "phalanx spin"
    "inverse indexaround" - Inverse Twisted Sonic 23-12 ~> Fingerless Indexaround Normal - just a different push; same for the Middlearound and Thumbaround.
    just a different push
    Admittedly, otherwise I would not try to find a name I don't understand this will to completely stop giving name to tricks. For example, English is a very rich language, because it has severall words while french has only one, but each of the english word has a particular meaning, which allows to express thin differences, thin sensations. As there are less names, there are less and less small diffferences expressed in the tricks, and breakdown becomes useless!! I don't care if it becomes useless, but if breakdown notations disapeared, there will have an uncontroled proliferation of names, with stupid notations. Less and less spinners know how to breakdown, it has become so obscure...

25. Freeman
    Date: Thu, Jul 28 2011 11:38:04

It's the same for a Flush sonic =) fortunately this trick has a name!!
    Yes, that's a rare exception like the Side Sonic, but I don't think their many variations deserve unique names.
    The pen doesn't turn around the Pinky, but around the ring finger ;)
    :facepalm: lol Fingerless Ringaround* Reverse 334-334*
    So the name "Crossaround" is perfect: it's an around, but with the 3 and 4 crossed.
    As I said, finger positioning does not affect the trick, but let's see the next quote:
    We could add a convention for FingerCrossing, in order to add precision: We decide that [FC 34] means that the ring finger is crossed under the pinky, and [FC 43] means that the pinky is crossed above the ringfinger, and all the fingercross possibilities are treated.
    I'm ok with that because I proposed it some time ago; I think there's a need of a way to notate fingercrossings.
    To sum up: [FC 34] RingCrossAround reverse 34-34
    If you already state the [fc 34], the "cross" word in the Ringaround is useless, redundant, that does not add anything to the trick: for example some arounds can be done with a fingercross push, but the fingercrossing notation should cover that. I will work on that soon.
    the AIM of inventing new name is to describe MORE, in few words.
    There are simpler ways to do it: we have to develop modifiers for known tricks so we can cover all possibilities.
    Warped sonic doesn't exist anymore, through a decision of the Research Department
    wut? I didn't know that, maybe are you referring to the Moonwalk Sonic?
    Severall problems with the actual notation for this hybrid: No possibility to take into account the simultaneity of the twisted sonic 23-34 and the inverse twisted sonic 23-12.
    Interesting. Because now the simultaneous trick notation can cover that. So a Flush Sonic could be described as [Sonic 23-34 + Inverse Sonic 23-12] ~> Pass 14-23. I'm not very sure on how to notate your trick this way though.

26. KIRGO
    Date: Thu, Jul 28 2011 13:18:52

I'm sorry I wasn't aware of the simultaneous trick notation =S It never comes on FPSB xD For the hybrid, I think it would be: [twisted sonic 23-34 + inverse twisted sonic 23-12] ~> [tipped charge 14 + side(2,3)] ~> fingerswitch 14-23 -> charge 23 It's huged =( The big problem of the "side" concept, is that we side a finger during a trick, so I also used the simultaneous trick notation for the "side". I also used "tipped charge" it's rather the half of a tipped charge, I think there's already a forgotten name for that. Another way to write it perhaps (but I don't like the pass...): [twisted sonic 23-34 + inverse twisted sonic 23-12] ~> [side(2,3) + pass 14-23] For the warped sonic: Yes I think Warped sonic disappeared at the same time as "Moonwalk", Warped sonic can be considered as a moonwalk twisted sonic. Therefore, it has no reasons to exist anymore. (I don't think I'm mistaken) I'm interested in the fingercross notation, there was already a discussion on it in the french laboratory (the french RD) =) For the "CrossAround"; yes I thought to it, but I think there's something special in that trick. We can perform the same trick but without catching it in a fingercross position! I think this trick is the [FC 34] FL Ringaround reverse 344-344 I don't think the "344-344" is clear enough to make the difference between the two tricks, which are quite different.

27. Freeman
    Date: Thu, Jul 28 2011 20:32:36

For the warped sonic: Yes I think Warped sonic disappeared at the same time as "Moonwalk", Warped sonic can be considered as a moonwalk twisted sonic. Therefore, it has no reasons to exist anymore. (I don't think I'm mistaken)
    These are different tricks: Twisted Sonic 23-12 = Charge 23 ~> Pass Rev 23-12 Warped Sonic 12-23 = Charge 12 > Pass Nor 12-23

28. KIRGO
    Date: Fri, Jul 29 2011 08:46:43

Yes you're right ;) I'll try to give a type of "mathematic" construction of the tricks, I'll work on it. The idea is to take only few basic tricks (between 5 and 10) and to see all the others as hybrids of those tricks. Then the "modifiers" would act as functions on the breakdown of the tricks. It's much more complicated, but it allows to have very strong idea of what is "inverse", "reverse", "side"... I'll try to post it soon.

29. Skatox
    Date: Sun, Nov 13 2011 23:29:51

About that, there actually are some discussions in the FPSB research department about sub-trick notations. From a new slot system brought up by Fel2Fram, we are discussing the possibility of breaking down all tricks into sequences of slots and rotations. The current questions are - the expressiveness of the system : can we really describe all tricks ? i.e. all possible slots, and characterizing rotations precisely. - the conciseness of the resulting notation : from a base which was only a slot notation system, and was very concise, we are trying to add informations without making the resulting breakdowns impossible to decypher. I'll post more about our results if the system get acceptance in the FPSB laboratory.

30. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Nov 14 2011 21:10:30

hi @Skatox, I added you back to the researcher group.

31. Mats
    Date: Fri, Nov 25 2011 01:33:52

Zombo wrote: hi @Skatox, I added you back to the researcher group.
    ANd I am back there too! Yay! Let's do some stuff!

32. Soren
    Date: Wed, Jan 8 2014 21:36:31

So what are you guys researching these days?

33. webspider
    Date: Fri, Jan 10 2014 12:27:07

They should be researching new pens for developing mods if that rate of discontinued pens keeps going on. Otherwise what will inevitably happen is people paying more and more exaggerated prices for famous mods.

34. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Jan 10 2014 17:18:46

Supergirl wrote: So what are you guys researching these days?
    Style and aesthetics, then I'll be doing power in about 9 months, maybe.

35. RPD
    Date: Mon, Jan 13 2014 17:35:34

They should be researching new pens for developing mods if that rate of discontinued pens keeps going on. Otherwise what will inevitably happen is people paying more and more exaggerated prices for famous mods.
    lots of good pens are being discontinued, and that'll be that way forever. psing is too small for companies to keep us as a potential customer. old mods, as every "old thing" will get more and more expensive with the time. we cant help there haha anyway, there are two solutions for that problem. creating new mods with the new pens, or creating pens and parts only for psing. modrod is working on that with your suggestions, and i think that some guy in japan made perfect copies of dr.grip grips. a friend and i are trying to get in contact with an aluminium factory, just to know if they can make some tips for us.

36. webspider
    Date: Mon, Jan 13 2014 19:33:43

I believe going the first route is more sustainable and something "researchers" can actually pursue, unlike manufacturing of parts which as any business is inevitably profit-driven. But sure, go ahead asking factories and preserving ye olde mods.

37. M@V3R1CK
    Date: Thu, Jan 23 2014 10:30:43

I've been trying to come up with a new notation system, and I have a few ideas but there are a number of things I'd like to know. Things like how necessary are trick names? The only tricks that actually need names are wipers, shadows, charges, passes, spreads, arounds, and whatever spins are out there. (like spider spin, basketball spin and any finger spin). Everything else is just combination/variation of those. Even a sonic can be broken down as 0.5 23 charge to a 23-13 pass rev to a 0.5 13 charge to a 13-12 pass rev, so does sonic even need a name? Now with that said I understand that it will make breakdowns infinitely times longer, but the whole idea of naming tricks seems outdated now, and that the idea of naming tricks should be avoided all together almost. Then there's the whole hybrid notation which seems to be even more avoided. Now with the previous statements in mind wouldn't damn near EVERYTHING be a hybrid? Now if we're looking for a new notation system then it seems that naming tricks becomes more necessary since it makes breaking things down like demon sonic a lot more simplistic. But now why is it that there's a demon sonic and an angel sonic but when it come to a shadow hybrid variation like a demon devil sonic there doesn't seem to be an angel devil sonic? Maybe there is and we just never use it. I haven't seen it used often in a combo, but when it is used it's broken down as an angel sonic~shadow hybrid. But when it comes to naming hybrids most of us just say it's a hybrid variation of another trick(s) it doesn't need a name. But why is that? Just because it's a variation of other tricks and we can break it down using those tricks, it makes it seem like naming it would be irrelevant. But wouldn't that mean that naming anything else other than what I've stated before would be irrelevant? Now that I've gone over trick names, another thing I've been thinking about is just how much do we need in a breakdown before a combo is fully broken down? What about hand positions? Our palm can be facing different directions but most of the time the direction it's facing seems irrelevant, but what many people don't seem to understand is that depending on the direction that the palm is facing depends on how much harder the trick is. Take bakfall for instance. Everyone and their mother-in-law can do it palm down, but it's hard as hell to do it palm up, and I'm the only person I've seen do it palm side. So why is it that we don't take that into account when breaking down someones combo? Yeah it's more tedious but the point of breaking down a combo is so that others can understand it better so yeah it should be more tedious in order for it to be more understanding. Same with finger positioning. If someone does a trick palm down then notating finger position should be even more relevant. Since the finger position can't seen palm down them how would someone know how hard it is? Someone once showed me a palm down wiper and when I tried it I mentioned how easy it was, then he showed me his finger position, and when I attempted to do what he did, I failed because I didn't have the flexibility that he did. Take the flush sonic for example. There was a time when my thumb needed to push down on my index finger just to push it down far enough so the pen could fit in between my pinky and index fingers. So shouldn't we take note on the thumb position if someone were to do a flush sonic in their combo? What about finger crosses? Shouldn't we take those into account when breaking down a combo? What about the way we hold the pen during certain tricks? When it comes to the shadow it's started by holding the back of the end of the pen, but it's infinitely times harder if it was started at the front end of the pen. I've come up with an idea of giving the pen 3 positions that can be used for notating front, center and back. I have no idea how useful it would be for a new notation system. Even to me it seems like too much. Anyway these are just things I've been thinking about for a new notation system. I know that if we were to include all this when breaking down a combo it would be a complete mess so I'm trying to come up with something more simplistic, but I feel I'm still pretty far off from something concrete, but hopefully this does something for the ps community.

38. RPD
    Date: Thu, Jan 23 2014 21:03:44

@M@V3R1CK we already got a really solid notation system, just that only a few people use it. I'll try to do a short explain to all those topics you mention there.

Things like how necessary are trick names?
    You can notate every trick involving fingers and mods (we have no notation for full aerial movements... its quite stupid lol) with only 5 tricks. Hexbinmos in FPSB developed a new notation sysyem but it can be easily adapted to the actual one, just using 5 trick names: Fingerswitch (abbreviated a) half-tipped charge (abbreviated b) wiper (abbreviated c) roll concept (abbreviated d) slide concept (abbreviated e) I have a reaaally long post in SPSC explaining those tricks, also an easy method to "translate" any informal trick to that formal notation. I may translate it one day.
    but the whole idea of naming tricks seems outdated now, and that the idea of naming tricks should be avoided all together almost.
    And i agree. most of the spinners arent interested in bd at all so they just make random trick names for the ones they see/invent. that, most of the time, is incredibly annoying because you dont understand anything. Also, a complete combo notated only with the 5 trick notation is annoying too, it takes ages to decode it. Its really useful to notate single complex tricks though.
    Then there's the whole hybrid notation which seems to be even more avoided. Now with the previous statements in mind wouldn't damn near EVERYTHING be a hybrid?
    yep. in our common notation system we use 5 linkage signs: > ~ >~ ~> + one for pure linkages, three for hybrids and another one for simultaneous tricks. in the 5 trick notation you only have two of them: > and +.
    What about hand positions? [...] So why is it that we don't take that into account when breaking down someones combo?
    well, hand position notation is quite simple. i dont know if you never saw that notation or you say that no one uses it and we should. I'll explain it anyway PS - palm side (pinky down, thumb up) PD - palm down PU - palm up BS - back side (pinky up, thumb down) those modifiers go before everything else in the trick structure, like [hand position modifier] [first trick modifier] [trick name] etcetc... you can even link them. if you change your hand position several times in a single trick you notate it this way PS-PD-PS trickname Why peope dont use it? meh, i dont really know about most of the people out there, but i only say hand position when its really important. for example, in PD arounds.
    Same with finger positioning. If someone does a trick palm down then notating finger position should be even more relevant. Since the finger position can't seen palm down them how would someone know how hard it is?
    Thats one of the objectives of notation, explaining more things than the ones a video can show and faster than words would do.
    What about finger crosses? Shouldn't we take those into account when breaking down a combo?
    I have posts about it in SPSC too. fel2fram and I got a really solid fingercross and special position notation. I'll explain the basic concepts of fingercross notation (at least in a formal way, people notate potato in informal notation) Fingercross modifiers are mixed with the slot modifiers. lets take for this example: IA 12-12 then, a variation of that trick can be made when you cross your fingers and then push the trick to do the around. That fingercross would be a [fc 21] because, when facing your palm and doing the fingercross, middle finger is over index finger. adding a fingercrossing in a IA rev 12-12 would result in a [fc 12] because, when facing your palm and doing the fingercross, 1 is over 2. ¿how do we include that in the trick notation? this way IA 12-12 [fc 21] if the fingercrossing affects all the slots in the trick. it can affect only some of them though, we can write it this way then IA 12-12[fc 21]-12 the second way is... a bit more correct, because when doing that trick your fingers arent always crossed, you cross and then uncross them while doing the trick. still, we obviate it most of the times and just use the first one, simpler :D There are a ton of fingercross types. one finger "covering" another, using both hands, simultaneous fingercrossings. we can even use fc notation to notate special finger positions or movements, like when a finger moves towards another, when two fingers are touching, when they arent... solid notation i said
    What about the way we hold the pen during certain tricks?
    i saw that problem some weeks ago and i figured a solution for it (and for more weird slots), but as you say, its too much. i'll never use it in a real bd, but having it there and knowing that you can use it its cool. imagine a new slot, chair slot. you want to notate the pen rolling from your hand to the chair. then C : Chair Roll 12-C
    Anyway these are just things I've been thinking about for a new notation system. I know that if we were to include all this when breaking down a combo it would be a complete mess so I'm trying to come up with something more simplistic, but I feel I'm still pretty far off from something concrete, but hopefully this does something for the ps community.
    There are lots of things already made and that nobody uses them. i hope i have not scared you with all this notation stuff or my potato english grammar quality. if you are still interested in learning what you can do with current notation and then identify new flaws in there, PM me! i love teaching this concepts, one by one and with a slower rythm. As I said before, i have a topic in spsc talking only about notation ( http://www.penspinning.es/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=5457 ) but, obviously, its in spanish.

39. M@V3R1CK
    Date: Fri, Jan 24 2014 05:05:04

@RPD Damn that's a lot of information. Thank you for that, it really helped.

40. LighT*
    Date: Sat, Feb 8 2014 21:08:12

when is the wiki gonna be updated?

41. M@V3R1CK
    Date: Sun, Feb 9 2014 09:13:34

Raiz wrote: when is the wiki gonna be updated?
    When people on the wiki team (and by people on the wiki team I mean people on the wiki team that aren't me) stop being lazy. It's really tedious to update and if you don't know what you're doing it's a pain in the ass... That is all.

42. LighT*
    Date: Sun, Feb 9 2014 09:19:51

M@V3R1CK wrote: When people on the wiki team (and by people on the wiki team I mean people on the wiki team that aren't me) stop being lazy. It's really tedious to update and if you don't know what you're doing it's a pain in the ass... That is all.
    thankyou ^^. now im not trying to sound mean, im honestly just curious, what is tedious about updating the wiki :)?

43. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Feb 9 2014 10:33:14

M@V3R1CK wrote: When people on the wiki team (and by people on the wiki team I mean people on the wiki team that aren't me) stop being lazy. It's really tedious to update and if you don't know what you're doing it's a pain in the ass... That is all.
    There is no such thing as a wiki team. The wiki has been literally dead since mid 2011 and doesn't look like it is going to change anytime soon. The articles are massively outdated and the whole thing needs an overhaul because there are no set standards for creating articles of different types. On top of that, most operations on the wiki can't be performed by a normal user, the upload images system is completely bugged and the whole thing is a pain in the ass. It needs a wipe,and a wiki team to be assembled. I wouldn't mind fixing the wiki in a week when I get a week's holiday. But don't tell people that don't exist to stop being lazy lol.

44. RPD
    Date: Sun, Feb 9 2014 12:21:07

@eurocracy i can help you a bit, if you need information, videos or whatever. i dont really want to update it by myself since my english grammar is not good enough :3

45. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Feb 9 2014 12:38:09

@RPD main thread here: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=16465 And your grammar is actually pretty good, and I can quickly fix any issues if they arise, I would love to see some work in notation or trick articles,