UPSB v4

General Discussion / MX spinning

1. Koza
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 18:28:12

I thought I'd start a thread on spinning RSVP MX's. In this thread, i'd like to avoid the advice "Just practice". That phrase is infuriating and I know for a fact we can dig deeper than that. I'm looking for the tiny, minuscule details. How still should you hand be? Should you let the mx get momentum at all? Tips for control. Tips on style. Tips on anything you can think of. Where you hand should be in conjunction to your body to get the best result for control. This thread has the potential to help so many people if you guys can just elaborate as much as you can. ^^ Thanks.

2. Sam
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 19:16:13

i dont think this is really a tip but for busting on an mx, i start on the grip side. with the cap facing out so that theres more momentum

3. Riley
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 21:23:46

Be able to do what you can with your normal mod on an MX. Get the simple links done, and make them harder. Having control and smoothness is the most appealing thing when spinning an MX imo.

4. AWtii69
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 21:58:33

I think keeping to the capped side is easier, because it is weighted and then the front side has an equal weight. so it sort of seems like your spinning a longer mod cuz the balance, and it feels like theres more length on the cap side. its confusing but to me, is true. and if ur in a combo and you end up on the tip side, use more finger power cuz the capped side drags and it takes more power to make it smooth. So in a nutshell, practice changing power and transfer power to different parts of the pen and fingers.

5. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 23:18:16

Certain styles of spinning transfer over to MX well, especially the "style" based ones. Styles that go for aesthetics over difficulty go with MX. MX makes doing hard tricks quite a bit harder for the most part, but if you aren't dependent on them to be good then you can switch over to MX and still be good. Also if you practice with something even lighter, like a pencil, then an MX is going to feel a bit heavier to you so it will be easier to spin cuz of what you're used too. Avoid heavy pens too, once you start using them its hard to go back all the way to MX spinning all the time cuz you feel so much worse.

6. Van
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 00:51:05

I say asking kin is the best solution

7. Rabbid
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 01:49:39

Van wrote: I say asking kin is the best solution
    Fucking agree, LOL

8. casual
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 01:51:54

As Awesome said, the mx is all about style and simplicity. Kin's mx spinning isn't your typical mx spinning. Imho, the mx on him produces no further effect than impressing us that he can do such difficult things with a light, unbalanced mod. But typically you would spin an mx to enunciate style, not to add difficulty. Best tip: focus on the how, not the what.

9. Kiiro
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 03:07:25

i might consider what casual said but still we should just ask kin

10. Rapid
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 04:04:14

[COLOR="white"]Practice[/COLOR]

11. Dudak
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 15:34:37

Kiiro wrote: i might consider what casual said but still we should just ask kin
    But kin's spinning is so ugly

12. Koza
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 15:55:04

@Rapid That word is forbidden in this thread! >:U lolz