UPSB v4

Off-topic / what do breakdancers think of pen spinning?

1. linli07
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 17:48:15

i was pen spinning at my school and there a breakdancers at my school that said to me that breakdancing is more attractive then pen spinning and i got really really mad and there are people at my school comparing how breakdancing is better than pen spinning(kinda like eso's situation of how he close his account) then i felt unappreciated.

2. neXus
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 17:51:46

It is. It is bigger and more visual, your body needs to actually be in good shape to do this kind of stuff. Fat nerds pen spin. Your fault for getting mad, you have no entitlement to any kind of appreciation.

3. Quake
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 18:02:35

Honestly, hes right. ^^^

4. Explosion101
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 18:34:03

breakdancing is harder than penspinning, so it's appreciated more

5. Minlaotion
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 18:47:09

neXus wrote: It is. It is bigger and more visual, your body needs to actually be in good shape to do this kind of stuff. Fat nerds pen spin. Your fault for getting mad, you have no entitlement to any kind of appreciation.
    Im not fat XD im hella thin

6. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 18:48:47

lol this thread is so fail. In everyway to everyone, bboying is obviously more attractive and takes A LOT more skill. sooo you're kinda just being a crybaby when the facts are quite true.

7. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 19:20:21

Lol, you mad? Jk jk. :lol: The break dancers at my school think pen spinning is pretty cool. They told me to pen spin while I break but I don't think that's possible. Heck, idk how to breakdance or bboy. xD And of course it's better. Would you rather watch people break on the stage using their whole body or a person pen spin with a little tiny pen swirling around a hand on stage?

8. Explosion101
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 19:29:41

JackyMacky wrote: Heck, idk how to breakdance or bboy. xD
    aren't those the same thing?

9. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 19:32:32

bboy is the correct term. breakdancing is from the media...

10. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 19:32:36

Explosion101 wrote: aren't those the same thing?
    Idk. :dunno:

11. linli07
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 19:39:47

@JackyMacky unless if there big tv screen showing my pen spinning so that people can see full detail

12. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 19:45:22

linli07 wrote: @JackyMacky unless if there big tv screen showing my pen spinning so that people can see full detail
    LOLOL. Why don't you try what my breakdancers challenged me. Break while you spin. :) You'll probably get appreciated that way. (this is NOT an insult)

13. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 20:31:52

linli07 wrote: @JackyMacky unless if there big tv screen showing my pen spinning so that people can see full detail
    bboying still prevails.

14. Jamal
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 21:13:55

Lol penspinning people just do it to do it. Us bboys bboy to music, which is the true form of what bboying is. So obviously if you're at a party or something, nobody wants to see some guy sitting at a table spinning a pen, they would rather see gravity defying tricks and musicality

15. Tetsip
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 21:20:12

@Wonder its about the sexuality.

16. linli07
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 23:22:31

@Wonder but same with pen spinning most pen spinning video had music and pen spinning has gravity too like air tricks and power trick :P

17. Cloud
    Date: Wed, Jun 29 2011 23:51:33

such a fail thread... bboying > pen spinning they really cant be compared anyways. think about it, how much power does an air bust require? just give up. @linli07

18. Breezy
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 00:23:52

Wtf breakdancing is more attractive than SPINNING PENS

19. Mufoofee
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 01:29:01

Yeah it is better. I don't see why you are getting mad bro.

20. linli07
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 02:02:43

Mufoofee wrote: Yeah it is better. I don't see why you are getting mad bro.
    cuz im the only pen spinner at my school and lot a of breakdancers at my school i want to be somehow want to get more attracted because im not that really active or outgoing person

21. Tetsip
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 02:04:46

linli07 wrote: cuz im the only pen spinner at my school and lot a of breakdancers at my school i want to be somehow want to get more attracted because im not that really active or outgoing person
    then perhaps you should do something more attractive. In all honesty. Penspinning is gay as fuck. Not that appealing to the masses

22. Mufoofee
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 02:28:38

linli07 wrote: cuz im the only pen spinner at my school and lot a of breakdancers at my school i want to be somehow want to get more attracted because im not that really active or outgoing person
    Breakdancing is cool. And so is pen spinning. Spin some more. maybe people will get into it. After bboying dies out i think something new might take over the trend. But i don't want to make it pen spinning since it will die out like all other trends.

23. Tetsip
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 02:33:56

Mufoofee wrote: Breakdancing is cool. And so is pen spinning. Spin some more. maybe people will get into it. After bboying dies out i think something new might take over the trend. But i don't want to make it pen spinning since it will die out like all other trends.
    bboying wont die out for a longggggggggggggg ass time. bboying is still a new concept that not everyone knows about

24. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 03:13:48

Mufoofee wrote: Breakdancing is cool. And so is pen spinning. Spin some more. maybe people will get into it. After bboying dies out i think something new might take over the trend. But i don't want to make it pen spinning since it will die out like all other trends.
    LOLWHAT? I think Bboy will NEVER die out. Seriously man, it's too legit. People are constantly coming up with new styles to mindfuck us. It's like they're ninja or something. @linli07 The reason the dancers and comparers think pen spinning is too shittier is probably they don't see what we see. If you show them a Vic style combo VS a Bonkura style combo, they can't even tell the difference. They would just say it's the same. For bboy you can easily see what they're doing and go woah! Did he actually do a hard technique? You get what I mean?

25. itzDaKine
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 03:56:12

i am one of the penspinners at my school outta 5... i am also a bboy of many at my school! and they admire it:) get more active and a little well known and penspinning will start to pick up. hang out with the bboys! learn how to bboy... its fun alotta excersise yet fucking sik and youll be known as a bboy that penspins at school... ya dawg

26. sangara
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 03:56:50

Just because something requires more strength does not mean that it requires more skill. In fact I'd argue that penspinning requires way more skill.

27. Mufoofee
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 04:20:03

Tetsip wrote: bboying wont die out for a longggggggggggggg ass time. bboying is still a new concept that not everyone knows about
    @JackMacky Yeah you guys are both right. I just don't want pen spinning to become something, then after it becomes nothing. I love to bboy. It's fun to learn and all these different moves just leave me :O. So @linli07 sorry bro. They are right.

28. Breezy
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 04:37:45

Lolz.

29. esp
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 05:37:17

That has nothing to do with your hobbies, it's your own fault if you don't talk to people.

30. Explosion101
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 12:50:26

learn to bboy then :trollface:

31. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 20:19:24

penspinning requires more control over much smaller muscles. They are probably harder to train the the ones needed for bboying. That said any kind of dance is more visually appealing then PS. You spin for yourself, nobody else. Looks like you should be dancing instead of spinning OP. Personally I have more respect for spinners because of the time required to "rewards" ratio is so low.

32. Jamal
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 11:23:39

Awesome wrote: penspinning requires more control over much smaller muscles. They are probably harder to train the the ones needed for bboying. That said any kind of dance is more visually appealing then PS. You spin for yourself, nobody else. Looks like you should be dancing instead of spinning OP. Personally I have more respect for spinners because of the time required to "rewards" ratio is so low.
    Ok uhh its definitely harder to control the muscles in your body for a lot of the moves people do. This is coming from a spinner and a bboy myself. It was hard for the first week because my fingers werentt used to it. But it took no time to be able to do complex combos. In ps, you're only controlling one hand, or five fingers. While in bboying, you have to control all parts of your body at once. For example ive been doimg flares for about six months or so and I still havent developed all the muscle control. it takes years of practice to be able to bboy

33. Pen Ninja
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 14:19:56

im with sangara on this one, sure bboying any really... anything other than PS requires more strength, but that doesnt mean it needs more skill... sure in PS ur only moving 5 fingers and in other shit ur moving ur whole body, but coordination between arms/legs/body/head/etc is much more natural the coordination between fingers at this speed. the bigger things get, the easier they tend to be pen spinning fundies vs fire staff basic tricks: push your ring and index finger together while u move ur middle finger inwards and downwards, the pen will move behind ur middle finger etc etc VS hold the staff in ur hand and move ur hand in a figure 8 motion, turn ur ur hand when u change direction... baaaad example but u can see, as u use bigger body parts, things just get more natural... sonic sounds much more complicated than figure 8 and requires much more concentration and more importantly: less used muscle movements than figure 8 which feels so natural and easy... ignore me, im in a ranty mood :3

34. hoiboy
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 20:40:37

pen spinning is not the answer to your social problems

35. song
    Date: Mon, Jul 4 2011 05:18:28

forgive and forget,lol,its a matter of fact,but i do hate breakdancing.

36. Kill
    Date: Wed, Jul 6 2011 06:26:14

i got some of my bboy friends to start spinning, actually one of them got me into spinning but he quit cuz he wanted to progress more in breakdancing

37. xXBladerAceXx
    Date: Fri, Jul 8 2011 16:24:46

My school 100++ of students are pen spinners (including me), just because of my assistance headmaster ban pen spinning already 7 month! Before she say ban pen spinning in school, there are alot of breakdancer in my school! After she say ban, pen spinning in very popular in my school now some breakdancer quite Bboying too! so dun be mad! You spin Pen, they Spin Body! it's the same! ^^

38. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Fri, Jul 8 2011 21:09:37

if you dont have any friends try fapping and bboying > penspinning, but you dont have to be super physically fit to bboy, you can be really fat and be able to do it.

39. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jul 8 2011 22:04:12

Wonder wrote: Ok uhh its definitely harder to control the muscles in your body for a lot of the moves people do. This is coming from a spinner and a bboy myself. It was hard for the first week because my fingers werentt used to it. But it took no time to be able to do complex combos. In ps, you're only controlling one hand, or five fingers. While in bboying, you have to control all parts of your body at once. For example ive been doimg flares for about six months or so and I still havent developed all the muscle control. it takes years of practice to be able to bboy
    You're holding a higher standard in bboying then PS. It would take years to be able to PS well. but no one really gets that far cuz the lack of support for it. being relatively good at PS only seems easier cuz of shitty competition. Difficulty is determined by your competition, not the skill itself.

40. daniel0731ex
    Date: Sat, Jul 9 2011 02:19:03

Get over this already, a hobby is a hobby, it cannot be superior over another in any way, saying that one is better than the other is just pure ignorance and only shows your lack of respect. EDIT: agree'd with @Awesome about difficulty being determined by competition.

41. chris
    Date: Sat, Jul 9 2011 02:45:08

daniel0731ex wrote: Get over this already, a hobby is a hobby, it cannot be superior over another in any way, saying that one is better than the other is just pure ignorance and only shows your lack of respect. EDIT: agree'd with @Awesome about difficulty being determined by competition.
    I request /thread.

42. linli07
    Date: Mon, Jul 18 2011 16:10:58

i have this suspicous feel that the breakdancers at my school are spreading rumors about my spinning. They're gonna be like" if you see a guy twriling his pen ignore it."

43. linli07
    Date: Wed, Jul 20 2011 18:09:59

JackyMacky wrote: Lol, you mad? Jk jk. :lol: The break dancers at my school think pen spinning is pretty cool. They told me to pen spin while I break but I don't think that's possible. Heck, idk how to breakdance or bboy. xD And of course it's better. Would you rather watch people break on the stage using their whole body or a person pen spin with a little tiny pen swirling around a hand on stage?
    when breakdancers at my school saw me pen spin they ignore it.

44. Cloud
    Date: Wed, Jul 20 2011 18:23:05

...why would a normal person want to watch a guy spin a pen? its kinda normal that they ignore it. i dont think that they care that much to spread rumors.

45. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Jul 21 2011 18:39:54

@linli07 Dude, just get over it. Not everyone has good opinions about pen spinning. I'm too afraid to even spin in a waiting room filled with people or even in front of people I don't even know. I spin as a hobby, not to attract attention.....well maybe a little attention. :3 If the bboys mess with you, just say "I'll spin my pen, you do your shit. I won't hate if you won't. 'Nuff said." They continue hating, then STAB 'EM WITH YOUR PEN MODS! :trollface: JKJK. But seriously though, forget them. I have haters at my school too.

46. linli07
    Date: Thu, Jul 21 2011 19:42:13

JackyMacky wrote: @linli07 Dude, just get over it. Not everyone has good opinions about pen spinning. I'm too afraid to even spin in a waiting room filled with people or even in front of people I don't even know. I spin as a hobby, not to attract attention.....well maybe a little attention. :3 If the bboys mess with you, just say "I'll spin my pen, you do your shit. I won't hate if you won't. 'Nuff said." They continue hating, then STAB 'EM WITH YOUR PEN MODS! :trollface: JKJK. But seriously though, forget them. I have haters at my school too.
    maybe i can stab them with my dr kt XD

47. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, Jul 22 2011 00:30:49

LOLOLOL, just don't get expelled.

48. DArKT
    Date: Fri, Jul 22 2011 01:56:05

Solution too Fuck with the break dancers: Make Pun Kan x50 Neckaround x10 Kneearound x50 Problem,Break Dancers?