UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / S7O+ G3 Mod

1. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 01:00:49

Hi everyone, A little while ago I posted a mod and got a few requests. I said I would do a pm-tutorial system and give the guide to anyone who wanted it if I didn't get enough requests to justify a full length tutorial. But a couple more people requested so I decided to just go ahead with this. It's a very simple G3 mod which utilizes various features of previous G3 mods: -tip stack of the Outsider G3 -Supertip backplug method to attach a cap to a G3 body from Soschie's G3 CYL -and the signature Lakubo grip found in the Seven G3 Now you might argue, "How can something as trivial and simple as one grip be considered a reference to another G3 mod?" Well my answer is simply that I liked the look of the grip in the front of the Seven G3 so I decided to utilize it in my own mod. I based my references off of the mods from which I received the ideas and it's perfectly reasonable to believe that someone else might reach the same idea of using the Lakubo grip without even seeing a Seven G3 mod. You can consider this mod a new mod or a hybrid of various mods. Either one I think is fair. So let's begin! =========================== Stats: =========================== S70+ G3 Mod ([B]S[/B]oschie + 7 [B][Seven][/B] + [B]O[/B]utsider) COG: COP Length: 19.5cm Weight: Metal Comssa < This Mod < Stuhl's Mod Style: Single Sided Writing-Mechanism: N/A Ink-Type: N/A Estimated-Cost: $12-17 =========================== Materials List: =========================== 1x G3 (either plastic or metal: Body) 1x Signo DX (Tip and Grip) 1x Old RSVP RT (Cap) 1x Hi-tec C (Tip) 1x Lakubo (Grip) 1x Dr. Grip Shaker (Shaker Mechanism) 1x New Supertip (Backplug) Thanks to Colin for the insert idea. He sent me an insert with "Awesome G3 Insert is Awesome" on it during a trade so I used the phrase in this insert. I also included one without the text.

2. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 01:09:45

Tutorial: Let's begin with the front: You will need your: -G3 body -Lakubo grip -Signo tip -Hi-tec C tip 1) Sand the G3 body at the front nub and the 4-square bulges on the front of the barrel. 2) Wrap teflon tape around the nose of the Signo tip and then screw on the Hi-tec C tip. 3) Screw the tip package onto the front of the G3 body and then pull the Lakubo grip over all of it. Now for the cap: You will need your: -Old RSVP cap -Signo DX grip -Supertip backplug -Dr. Grip Shaker mechanism -Black electrical tape and scissors 1) Sand the Supertip backplug like so. 2) Push the Dr. Grip Shaker mechanism into the backplug as far as it can go. 3) Push the Signo grip onto the backplug-mech package and push the entire piece into the Old RSVP RT cap.

3. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 01:15:00

How to do the tapecut: 1) You will need to cut out a triangular piece of tape. 2) Cut as shown. If you divide the triangle in half straight down the middle, 1/4 of the bottom length of this new piece should be that outer piece of cut tape, 1/4 should be the bottom length of the middle piece of cut tape, and 1/2 of the bottom length should be dedicated to the remaining triangle. 3) Apply the small triangle to the top of the cap above the clip. 4) Turn the cap over to the back and apply the middle section of tape there. 5) Turn the cap back to the clip view and apply the remaining (and largest) piece of tape like so: partially underneath the clip. (I showed you the side view so to give you another angle on the cap). Cap tapecut:

4. AWtii69
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 01:20:49

wow, the tape looks the most confusing, great mod. i wish i had the parts, i would so make it

5. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 01:29:12

Cool mod is cool uses parts from other mods :O

6. daniel0731ex
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 01:35:33

Looking at all these incredible SC mods, it makes me think if there's a way to quantitatively measure the weight concentration/distribution of a mod....you know, something like MRI? But without involving sophisticated hi-tec equipments.... Oh wait, I got an idea...

7. V-Storm
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 01:55:26

So simple yet so awesome. Sounds light. EDIT: I thought Seven G3 used Laknock, and not Lakubo

8. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 02:12:08

Thanks guys. Yeah it seems kinda like I just snitched other ideas and put em together so that's why I said you can call it a hybrid. @V-Storm I'm pretty sure it doesn't matter. I think they have the same or extremely similar grips?

9. Rarity
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 04:21:03

Nice mod! I would really make if I could find Old RSVP RTs. T.T

10. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 04:58:37

Well technically I think you can use regular RSVPs only you might need to shorten the DX grip.

11. GigaByte
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 04:58:51

nice mod , good combination

12. Raos
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 06:00:10

nice tut and nice mod as always @Nachoaddict

13. sarugio
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 04:38:10

@Nachoaddict dx grip wont fit on regular rsvp cap. why don't use hgg grip? they are thin enough i think

14. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 04:47:05

Are the RT caps wider? It is a bit of a tight fit in the RT cap anyways. You can use HGG grip as a sub I suppose.

15. sarugio
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 13:56:07

maybe because they fit signo tips while the regular one doesn't

16. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sun, Mar 11 2012 16:44:42

Yeah the regular RSVP cap has that ring thing on the inside that allows it to snap onto the front of the barrel. The grip won't fit very well if you try to push it past that point.