UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Humans

1. Colin
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 22:54:23

What's your opinion on us? For one, I think we're pretty fucking stupid. Honestly. Yeah yeah, we've created logorithims and Pi and the fucking Big Bang Theory, but what USE will that bring us? Okay, we discovered how the universe and us were created. Whoop de doo. What are we going to do, reverse engineer it and destroy the universe? Second, who are we to run this Earth? /notanaturefag We've been given plenty of supplies. Im not talking about frozen entrees or canned Cokes, Im talking about natrual resources. Trees, streams, etcetc. We've pretty much destroyed everything and turned them into non-renewable resources/tons of waste. iPhones and iPads dont mean nothing. We dont need 500 dollar/lb Kobe beef to live off of. Thirdly, our behaviour. This is what pisses me off the most. The non-mental kill crazy people, the pervs, the sex addicts, the people who take advantage of drunk girls, the sadists, all of those. We're not here to have pleasure, we've developed that idea in our heads. Who are we to do things to other people JUST for our self-pleasure? Just cause we dont feel what they do, doesnt mean that they wont be scarred, or feel the pain inflicted on others. One night stands, murders, rapes; those all fall into the same category for me. They all inflict harsh, permenant pain on those close to the victims. We're here to procreate and develop society, not to have fuck parties and a 'kick-back' where everyone's smoking and drinking. Im pretty much in the 'fuck life, people are fucking stupid' mood right now, so I wont remember what Ive typed. Im starting to lose that mood, but I still wont remember. Like I asked, what are your opinons on humans?

2. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 23:49:52

That's deep.

3. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 23:50:30

I agree with whats his face when he said we were like a mold to the planet. Look at big cities, they warp the appearance of the planet, they spew poisonous gas, and they degrade resources. With the concept of entropy in mind, we can't exist unless we are degrading something. People don't use their heads at all; a good portion of them are no better then animals. Some view life as pointless and devoid of meaning, yet they will not develop themselfs so that they can do something meaningful. So many would rather complain about problems then do anything about them. Personally I am picking up religion to help cope with it all. Even if its not "right" in a logical sense; it seems better then the alternatives to me.

4. AWtii69
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 23:54:53

well heres something Ever wondered what it would belike if people didnt exist? Well, we wouldnt know what it would be like, because we wouldnt be here to experience what 'nonbeing' would be. sorta parodoxical

5. RPD
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 23:59:28

Religion its strange... Strange ideas, strange things, non-proved ideas but if you think that all those things are real, you became happy and your life is better. I like religion for the good people that it has created, but i also hate it because i think that they dont do what they say. 'you can live without money' and they have luxury and lots of money. Coming back to the thread, some people are crazy, right, but ther is so much more people thar they aren't like that. BTW, we are more stupid now. Hundreds of years creating a good place to live and now? We are destroying it. Why? I dont know, do you?

6. akitaka
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:00:51

@Colin i totally agree with you on this. Every time i go to NYC, i think this. Concrete jungle? More like human zoo.

7. neXus
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:10:20

Awesome wrote: I agree with whats his face
    [video=youtube;Zyc12-neTjM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zyc12-neTjM[/video] So do I. Joe Rogan says a lot of intelligent things, most people just see him as the guy that did Fear Factor and now the UFC but if you listen to his podcast you'll see that he is one of the smartest people I know.

8. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:17:10

Its not religions or anything, I completely respect people's conformity to that. But think about the 1800's, or shit, the medieval times. Nice things were considered a suit of armour, or a coat made from the finest leather of Italy. NOW? Gucci sunglasses, an 1800$ computer, a 50,000$ car. We are spoiled, whether we admit to it or not. Humans dun fucked up. Imagine living in the country, a simple house without running water and electricity. That is the way we were meant to live, and I truly believe that. Living day to day, hunting, gathering, all of that. Simplicity. No one to disturb you except your neighbours, wild life, and Mother Nature. Now, am I contridicitng myself? Of course I am. I degrade the planet everyday, I trash the place everyday, I contribute to the Earth's downfall. I drive a car, I floor it, I litter here and there, I dont recycle sometimes, I waste water.. But I acknowledge what Ive done, Im trying to make a change--be it minuscule or life-changing. Back in my ranty mood. Might sound cluttered.

9. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:17:16

people invented all this stuff because it was possible to invent this stuff. therefore you cannot say that humans are ruining the earth unless you're saying humans are using earth's resources itself to destroy earth. if humans were stupid, they wouldn't be the dominant species unless other animals were a hell of a lot more stupid. theres no such a thing as a simple life. onlyh in a dream. There's always change, like evolution. also, global warming is probably just an astronomical cycle. i'm not religious at all.

10. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:18:06

And speaking about whatshisface, I was watching some of Charles Manson's interviews. Call me insane, mental, whatever. He has some true points. Some. Forgot what they were, but he's a helluvaguy, I will say that much. He's still a psychopath, though.

11. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:21:48

RicLu98 wrote: people invented all this stuff because it was possible to invent this stuff. therefore you cannot say that humans are ruining the earth unless you're saying humans are using earth's resources itself to destroy earth. if humans were stupid, they wouldn't be the dominant species unless other animals were a hell of a lot more stupid.
    I can strangle a baby right now, so are you saying I should strangle the baby? Humans are stupid. Are you KIDDING ME? Okay, for one, WE ARE ON A FUCKING PENSPINNING FORUM. THINK ABOUT IT. We spend hundred and hundreds of dollars on molded plastic, so we can spin it with our fingers. Why? Cause it looks cool. Yeah. Just cause we're the 'dominant' species doesnt mean anything. Animals are the way to go. Think about what they do: •They have sex solely for offspring •They care for their young •They will put themselves in harm's way to protect something meaningful to them •They hunt and gather food •They play with and nurture their young That is what they do on a daily basis. And that's what we're supposed to do. Since humans invented all of this shit, we have put so much energy, confidence, reliability, and money towards all of this, surviving isnt even a big concern anymore. And don't even get me started on money.

12. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:24:42

Colin wrote: I can strangle a baby right now, so are you saying I should strangle the baby? Humans are stupid. Are you KIDDING ME? Okay, for one, WE ARE ON A FUCKING PENSPINNING FORUM. THINK ABOUT IT. We spend hundred and hundreds of dollars on molded plastic, so we can spin it with our fingers. Why? Cause it looks cool. Yeah. Just cause we're the 'dominant' species doesnt mean anything. Animals are the way to go. Think about what they do: •They have sex solely for offspring •They care for their young •They will put themselves in harm's way to protect something meaningful to them •They hunt and gather food •They play with and nurture their young That is what they do on a daily basis. And that's what we're supposed to do. Since humans invented all of this shit, we have put so much energy, confidence, reliability, and money towards all of this, surviving isnt even a big concern anymore. And don't even get me started on money.
    if humans were stupid, they wouldn't have invented all this stuff. they invented this stuff to improve their life. i don't know where you got the strangle baby thing o.O

13. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:27:45

RicLu98 wrote: if humans were stupid, they wouldn't have invented all this stuff. they invented this stuff to improve their life.
    Define improve life. Define 'this stuff'. I want to hear about this. Cause so far you're not telling me anything, bro

14. Loanshark
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:34:04

I personally believe that humans are pretty damn smart as a whole. Of course with every group, there's always a bunch that doesn't meet the standard, but as a whole, humans are smart. Strictly from a biological point of view, humans ARE the smartest species on the planet, there's absolutely no argument to that. The human brain is the most developed and complex brain of any other species on the planet. Humans are able to have complex personalities and intricate thoughts. I mean, the reason why a lot of humans have such bad behavior is BECAUSE we're so smart, only humans have the brain capacity to even think about those sort of things. Our brain has become so developed that we are even able to override our primitive natural instincts if we feel the need to. We have become an intelligent race capable of critical thinking, solving problems, and no other species that's even close to being smart as us exists. What's also major is that the human race is also a self-aware species, something only few other animals are capable of. We understand who we are, our place in the world, and our place in the universe.

Yeah yeah, we've created logorithims and Pi and the fucking Big Bang Theory, but what USE will that bring us? Okay, we discovered how the universe and us were created. Whoop de doo. What are we going to do, reverse engineer it and destroy the universe?
    The question you asked basically questions the whole point of knowledge. Why even bother learning stuff? Well, learning new things helps humans understand the world more. Logarithms, Pi, and the Big Bang Theory are just few of the many many many things humans have discovered in order to better themselves and know more and more about the world. Humans are just naturally curious. That's why people explore places all the time, to gain knowledge, whether it be over the mountains, the New World, out to the frontier, or even to different galaxies. With knowledge, comes power, and there is absolutely nothing more powerful than knowing something other species don't know about.

15. Loanshark
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:42:54

Animals are the way to go. Think about what they do: •They have sex solely for offspring
    This is just purely instinct: to reproduce. Only a complex and highly developed brain can go against instinct and sex for the fun of it, which is why only humans and dolphins have recreational sex, because their brains are developed enough to override instinct.
    •They care for their young
    Not all animals care for their young. For example, sea turtles. Humans in general care for their young too, of course. It's just those very few occasional people that don't.
    •They will put themselves in harm's way to protect something meaningful to them
    Humans do this all the time
    •They hunt and gather food
    We have become such an advanced and civilized species that most of us don't need to do traditional hunting and gathering. Our knowledge allows us to get our food easily.
    •They play with and nurture their young
    Again, most humans do this. It's just those very rare nutcases you hear about that get exaggerated as if it happens all the time.

16. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 00:53:45

Colin wrote: Define improve life. Define 'this stuff'. I want to hear about this. Cause so far you're not telling me anything, bro
    Improve life as in making life easier. This stuff as in everything you've been talking about like technology. Don't act dumb. No offense

17. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 01:00:44

humans for the most part didn't invent these things, it was exceptional individuals that came along that made it possible. To attribute their contributions to the whole race is a bit of a stretch.

18. funnky
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 01:14:58

i think people are here for the same reason people believe in god

19. Colin
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 01:17:19

RicLu98 wrote: Improve life as in making life easier. This stuff as in everything you've been talking about like technology. Don't act dumb. No offense
    Offense taken. I dont know what makes life easier--Swifters? Febreeze? Birth-control pills? I dont know. If I did, I wouldnt be asking. Its a waste of a post, a waste of energy, and more importantly a waste of my time.

20. neoknux_009
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 01:30:34

be the change you want to see in the world.

21. RicLu98
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 04:02:46

Colin wrote: Offense taken. I dont know what makes life easier--Swifters? Febreeze? Birth-control pills? I dont know. If I did, I wouldnt be asking. Its a waste of a post, a waste of energy, and more importantly a waste of my time.
    im pretty sure you know things that have made life easier... like people invented elevators so people don't have to walk a lot of stories. traps so people dont have to trap animals by hand. AC/heating to improve life so you won't be too hot/cold.

22. gyrobius
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 05:40:57

Humans invented boners. They're cool to me.

23. Krypton
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 06:10:39

It's just sad to see the wilderness disappearing so rapidly.

24. XYZaki
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 06:20:59

Colin wrote: We're here to procreate and develop society, not to have fuck parties and a 'kick-back' where everyone's smoking and drinking.
    Says who?

25. Rarity
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 09:29:01

http://www.timecube.com/

26. song
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 11:17:57

i want to know why the world is twisted and where is the twisted-ness comes from.

27. song
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 11:25:21

Loanshark wrote: I personally believe that humans are pretty damn smart as a whole. Of course with every group, there's always a bunch that doesn't meet the standard, but as a whole, humans are smart. Strictly from a biological point of view, humans ARE the smartest species on the planet, there's absolutely no argument to that. The human brain is the most developed and complex brain of any other species on the planet. Humans are able to have complex personalities and intricate thoughts. I mean, the reason why a lot of humans have such bad behavior is BECAUSE we're so smart, only humans have the brain capacity to even think about those sort of things. Our brain has become so developed that we are even able to override our primitive natural instincts if we feel the need to. We have become an intelligent race capable of critical thinking, solving problems, and no other species that's even close to being smart as us exists. What's also major is that the human race is also a self-aware species, something only few other animals are capable of. We understand who we are, our place in the world, and our place in the universe. The question you asked basically questions the whole point of knowledge. Why even bother learning stuff? Well, learning new things helps humans understand the world more. Logarithms, Pi, and the Big Bang Theory are just few of the many many many things humans have discovered in order to better themselves and know more and more about the world. Humans are just naturally curious. That's why people explore places all the time, to gain knowledge, whether it be over the mountains, the New World, out to the frontier, or even to different galaxies. With knowledge, comes power, and there is absolutely nothing more powerful than knowing something other species don't know about.
    ya,we are so smart,so now we are using our knowledges to create all kinds of deadly nuclear weapons to destroy the world when we all noe that earth is not only belonged to humans,it belongs to other animals too.so yeah,humans are fcking stupid and selfish.

28. Clyde
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 12:01:48

We have the same view in life except that I think I have a bipolar disorder. I hate religious people since most of them are hypocrites. Yeah, I myself am a hypocrite, I used to call myself a "Christian" when I actually swear so much, lust so much, etc etc, but now, I don't really care whatever sin I do. Everyone's a hypocrite. They call themselves "Christians/Catholics" yet they party hard, upload random faces and turn them into memes and not understanding what harm/depression it could do to the person. I don't believe in 2012, it's utter bullshit, but there are so many conspiracies regarding the illuminati and the NASA blue moon project whatever but I don't think it's gonna happen. Yeah, the world really will end since our limited resources I believe would decrease A LOT by 2050. People would starve & die, unless science create pills that make people full so that there would be no need to kill animals for food, except for clothing/accessories. I believe that the only thing that could fix the world is if the biblical "god" and "Jesus" would actually be real and turn the world perfect. I hate the system and rules as well, especially school rules regarding the military. Filipino actors portray military men yet they don't get the military/buzz/jarhead/3x4 haircut which is the standard haircut for soldiers, while we, STUDENTS, are required. It's unfair since the excuse given probably by the press would be that actors are actors, not soldiers. Well same should go with students. Students are students, not soldiers. If the school/The Department of Education can't do anything about the 3x4 haircut removal, then girls might as well shave the sides of their heads too(similar to Rob Van Dam from WWE). I'm sure girls would complain as well, especially parents, since they want their daughters to look perfect. But sorry, I believe 2011 is not the age of machismo anymore, and everyone should be treated equally. If boys get 3x4 haircut, so do the girls. I hate school, but not education. The rules are just too strict and unfair to follow, so Americans are so lucky. Call me crazy and shit but yes, sometimes when I'm alone in my room, I sometimes think what if everything is from my imagination? things that existed even before I existed cease to exist because they are part of my subconscious? that I actually created God, Allah, Buddha, the universe, etc., all of you guys are from my imagination, you represent the things that I don't want to be thrown at me or things that I want to be thrown at me. Or sometimes I think of what if we are really like 'The Matrix', everything here is fake, imaginary, part of my mind, dream etc. Idk so many things to think about which cannot be comprehended by the human mind. I also don't really trust world history/dinosaurs/ pre-camera history. What if dinosaurs didn't look like that? What if Alexander wasn't great at all and was just misinterpreted? What if there was no such thing such as the Triumvirate, etc, and those carvings / manuscripts we see are all random shit put up by people or stories created by them for their entertainment? What if the reptilian craze among Hollywood actors/actresses, Government officials and monarchs are true? This world has too many secrets, it sucks, but we can't do anything, just appreciate what we have and probably accept the fact that we can't do anything anymore, except wait for science and technology to fix our wrongs. edit: cool to see that Colin also cares about the crazy people. Mike Tyson is another example, yes he was a mad man, a bad boy, was and still is an idiot. He acts crazy and shit, doesn't train for fights, does drugs, bites ears and others shit but so what? He has so many problems. Their father left them behind, his mother hates him, and as a child he was always insulted because he was so big yet he had this faggot voice. This is probably one of the reasons which pushed him to join hoodlums and gangs, and go steal and beat up people. Then Cus D'amato came to his life and fixed everything. He felt happy and complete once again, had discipline, became kind and goodhearted, he was focused and all, but at the start of his peak, his ONLY father figure and mentor died. Mike was crazy again and out of control. There really are some things that we don't understand about people who develop bipolar disorder/manic depression or adhd. They become crazy and psycho because of their surroundings, because of all the bullshit thrown to them. They were once happy, but they were too much degraded and motivated, their whole ego eaten, their whole personality stepped and spat on, which led to their fall. I believe Charles Manson killed because that is the only thing in which he could release his anger. He has a shit life, and however street-smart or intelligent he maybe, it would be pointless because no one would trust a mad man and a psycho even if he has greater thoughts than Einsten, Hawking or Tesla, simply because of their behavior. Men who get busted by girls - another problem. Girls hate cocky guys - fact. But what they don't understand is that guys are cocky because only a homo wouldn't be proud of telling people he loves this certain girl. The girl would hate the guy probably because she is shy and thinks that she is the only one who has a lover and feels that it's too mainstream and shit and would reject the guy simple because of that reason. Love is a really stupid feeling. Call me a sexist and a hypocrite but I believe girls only like men because of these reasons: -they are good looking -have a ripped body -popular -rich I don't think girls would actually like a guy who is a great poet who is great in complimenting and joking and all just because of that. Yeah, probably some girls like great poets, but there definitely is another reason for the attraction. Probably the guy is rich or is a son of politician and something. Men also like the women for the same reasons: -hot -beautiful -got big boobs and asses -got hot legs -sweet -caring -rich -famous Yeah, you might see some alpha male looking guy with this androgenous aura and all going out with a fat obese girl like Rosie O'Donell. Again, probably a reason for this is for publicity/fame. Nothing in this life is what you think it seems to be. All those love quotes and shit, fucking hypocrites. They would say they would want to here those cheezy lines but when the time comes that it's thrown at them, they would call it corny and reject the other. Another thing I hate is haters. I myself am a hater. I have Justin Bieber, all the other music artists who are currently famous. They are all controlled by the illuminati, most get famous instantly(courtesy of the illuminati). They say that haters hate because the people they hate are exactly the people they want to become. Yeah, I am jealous of Justin Bieber, not because of his faggish looks, gay voice and short height, but because of all the money, publicity, and attraction he gets from women. I've always wanted to be on top of the world, that's one reason why I hate myself and continue copying and copying my idols. I try to be like them, I know I would never be like them whatever I do, but so what? I hate myself so much that I can't accept the fact that I am who I am. I walk big and talk big especially when bullies are around because I want to stand up against them and I don't wanna be the same faggot I was back in grade school. I've stood up to one of them once and made him cry in front of the head teacher. I know they are the real faggots and cowards since they are only tough when they are together, and all of them are weak pussies who can't even fight when they are alone. I probably hate bullies too because of the same reason as I said above, I wanted to be on top, and bullies are the ones on top of the pyramid of school ranking. Why can't I get the same respect as them? Why? Because the mind of people is biased, only tough, Adonis/Cleopatra looking, rich, famous people should get respect. Yeah, I know bullies have problems too that's why they bully. What they don't get is that some people have worse lives than them, and they pick on them to make their life worse, and to make themselves feel better. I only like bullies who fight bullies. Bullies who defend those who are bullied, bullies who bully because there are bullies. Well, back to the respect thing. Bieber is a talentless autotuned faggot yet he got rich and famous why so? It's unfair. A lot of other YouTube artists are lightyears better but they don't get to Hollywood mainly because they don't have the looks for popularity and all. I go rant and flame and flame on this board because this is the internet, we would never face each other in real life, and I can express myself here, not like irl where no one listens to you, everybody thinks you're ok since you are always laughing and smiling. I'm not being a showoff or whatever, but yes, I know that some girls like me(source: some popular girls and girl classmates), but what I can't accept is how come no one would even dare talk to me or come near me? Is it because I'm a fucking hotheaded redneck with no respect for teachers who fuck with me? Why did I get busted? What they don't understand is I became like that because no one would try to understand me, the main reason why I am so depressed and suicidal, and even if some of my friends tell me they want to switch lives with me, it doesn't change my views on the world, I will forever be a pessimist unless I become happy, and that would only happen when my dreams come true. Well I think I have said too much, my wrists hurt, I'm hungry and McDonald's couldn't deliver food since it's flooding here. you can ignore the last paragraph

29. strat1227
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 14:12:13

I'm none of those things you listed but I've had about 10 gf's and my current one for 3 years, so much for your theory lol

30. Clyde
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 14:55:22

damn lol

31. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 16:01:21

strat1227 wrote: I'm none of those things you listed but I've had about 10 gf's and my current one for 3 years, so much for your theory lol
    If you had that many you could have been lacking something they wanted... (or vice versa). Your current one could be the exception and not the rule. I am actually pretty impressed by Clyde's post; people usually don't express themselfs that openly.

32. daniel0731ex
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 17:09:28

Funny enough, I just was also meditating on this same topic a week ago...coincidence, or some sort of mind-reading connection? :P Will come back later, gonna organize my findings first.

33. strat1227
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 17:57:22

@Awesome lol it's not like they all broke up with me, it's about 50/50

34. sangara
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 21:13:00

Yep I'm also impressed with Clyde's post. Do I agree with him? Not really, but I still think the post is absolutely brilliant.

35. wings
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 01:31:59

Yeah, Clyde is amazing... Hey Clyde, let's go to DepEd and throw eggs XD I mean Science books and hair from barbershops! But to be serious, listen to MJ's song "Man in the Mirror" @_@

36. TheAafg
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 05:39:14

I think humans are pretty damn stupid. We kill ourselves for things like money, oil and land. We threaten our own existence. We can't get along like its not that fucking hard. We are often shut off from communicating to each other by different languages. We can't accept things that are different. BUT afterall, "aren't we all part of the same disgusting species?"

37. bubbles
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 06:07:58

@Colin I guess you guys are right we need to be more like animals, I guess I should come to ur house TheAafg and eat you? cause thats waht the mormon cricket would do, and its an animal And I should also make a trip to colins to throw my feces at him. Alright, I guess thats better than you know Having knowledge, the ability to grow as a species, ability to beat any other species, the ability to live in comfort and safety, the ability to do thing for pleasure, not becuase we have to, the ability to chose what we do in life, The ability to learn new languages if we want, the ability to SURVIVE AND LIVE COMFORTABLY! If you wanna go live in the forest naked, the GTFO the internet. Bubbles

38. TheAafg
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 06:14:14

bubbles wrote: Having knowledge, the ability to grow as a species, ability to beat any other species, the ability to live in comfort and safety, the ability to do thing for pleasure, not becuase we have to, the ability to chose what we do in life, The ability to learn new languages if we want, the ability to SURVIVE AND LIVE COMFORTABLY!
    i agree with you here but why do you still kill each other if we are so damn smart? why do we fuck up the Earth? why do we make species go extinct?. Oh wait you're concerned with you're own life-style. So go ahead live lavishly so that your future generations have to live like savages and possibly go extinct.

39. Clyde
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 06:33:39

(can ignore whole paragraph, all I meant is that humans are so smart and shit just happens because of ego+survival+infinite human wants and needs) No, humans aren't stupid, we all are smart. In fact, we are so smart we choose if we would be an asshole, an intellectual guy, a know-it-all guy, a lazy guy, a slacker, a gamer, etc etc. We just choose what we are because that's what we want. Personally, I can be a summa cum laude or a valedictorian if I wanted to, but no, I don't want to. Why? because I know for a fact that I won't use trigonometric equations, Krebb's cycle, mitochondria, 3x+7x=20 in everyday life. Some people are assholes because they know for a fact that not everything taught in school would be used in life. Lazy people and slackers are what they are because they don't need to learn it anymore, they don't need it. Bill Gates even said that he would give the hardest job to the laziest person because the laziest person would find the easiest way to do it. I believe it's a fact, and I believe Bill Gates was lazy himself. Look at what Colin said, he said we are created to hunt, gather, plant, live the simple life, and survive. Bill Gates is too lazy to do those kinds of things so he created Microsoft to make his life easier. Mark Zuckerberg doesn't have all the time in the world to travel different countries to meet his classmates at nursery, so he created Facebook. Same thing goes with pen spinning. Whoever is the 1st guy to spin a pen, he did it because he is so bored and can't do anything but to remove and put back the cap on, write with it, click it, so he decided why not to spin it? Pen spinning is actually crazy since pens are made for writing & drawing, but he chose to spin it because writing is plain boring. Intelligent people chose to study because it's either they are poor(not that he wants to get rich, but because he doesn't have anything interesting stuff to do except to study), they can't do physical activities so they study instead, or they have high egos that being the most intelligent will suffice their need for glory and respect, etc. etc. TheAafg said "we can't get along like it's not that fucking hard", we don't get along because all of us envy each other. All of you hate me because I choose to be different. I act stupid here and post nonsense shit because no one else does it. If UPSB didn't have this idiot figure like me, yeah it would be more peaceful, but every man needs that one thing he would want to hate since it would not suffice his feelings just to be peaceful. Even if we strive for peace it just can't be achieved. There's no man that has a low ego, everybody has high egos, it's just that most are weak minded and want to accept the fact that some people are higher than them. The one thing that's wrong with me acting like an idiot is that I have a fucking high ego and I don't like being stepped on. We have this military training for senior students and I hate it. I hate it because of the sidestepping shit we have to do whenever there are officers, stupid jarhead haircut, and power abuse. The training itself is fun but the respect shit is non sense. Why would one want to respect and be inferior to the other if one knows that he is indeed superior and far more respectable? I don't dress like everyone else because I think it looks gay and too mainstream, and for me, wearing light colored / neon colored clothes lessens your masculinity. It's just pure ego and self-awareness I believe that makes it harder for humans to get along. Humans steal, kill, threaten, because they themselves are scared. Scared of being stolen from, getting stabbed, scared of being scared. Humans kill each other for survival, they threaten because one wants to be superior than the other so that the other wouldn't do anything which would be the so called "peace" for them. Decisions would just change because of ego. If one bullies you and you don't fight back, yeah, nothing else would happen anymore except you get bullied everyday, but there would be no war or something. You choose to fire back, the other would lose, but if he gets back up, the fire would grow bigger and bigger until both of you realize you just destroyed your lives, image, character. People wouldn't go near you anymore because they think you are a mad man, well people are too biased to understand that you acted in such a way because you are standing up to someone who tries to destroy you mentally. I've said too much again, but I think the main reason really is ego+survival+infinite human needs and wants that causes wrong doings since everyone has different opinions on how to achieve these.

40. Tetsip
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 06:34:34

Humans are fucking stupid. Kinda wished we would die. But w/e. Not like we can change this shit at all in our life time. Only influence others to for future generations.

41. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 16:26:32

if you choose not to use the stuff in school in everyday life how can you complain that it won't be used? If you go into a math field you probably would need trig on a daily basis, for example, so if you aren't using it, its your own fault its useless.

42. Clyde
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 16:58:51

not everyone would go into a math field or be a chemist, physicist etc

43. neXus
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 18:20:56

Clydes long post can be answered with one word: Instincts.

44. Clyde
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 18:22:39

neXus wrote: Clydes long post can be answered with one word: Instincts.
    thanks, any mod can delete my 2nd post lol