UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hi Everyone! What should I do?

1. MoKhan
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:08:18

Hi everyone. I just signed-up. I saw a few clips and was immediately captivated. However, I don't know where to start. All the pens I have are heavy and I assume not good for spinning. I'm not sure if you're able to post sites, but if you are, what are some good places to buy a pen? I saw the buy/sell thread on this forum, but shipping might be an issue for some people as I live in Canada. Which pen would you recommend for beginners? (I have never tried pen spinning.) What skills should I start with? FYI I have large hands as I'm just over 6 feet. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Minlaotion
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:21:02

For YOu A Bictory all you need are 2 Bic Round Stics and you can find them everywhere... i think :/ But anyways "welcome" to UPSB good community good ppl.... Some are XD

3. bubbles
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:24:04

Hey, another Canadian spinner eh! Penwish.com is the best place to buy pens for a begginer I would go with a comssa or MX http://penwish.com/index.php?cPath=121_98&&page=1 http://penwish.com/index.php?cPath=121_90 basically anything from those 2 pages. Comssa's are my favourite between the two Welcome to the community and I hope you have a good time Bubbles

4. Quake
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 05:52:14

:welcome: to UPSB. to start, learn the fundamentals, the thumbaround, sonic, charge and fingerpass. you should use a RSVP MX or metallic commsa. websites are penwish.com or penspinstore.com if you have any questions feel free to ask. :D

5. Soren
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 14:39:31

to start off learn the fundamentals, which are thumbaround, thumbaround reverse, sonic, sonic reverse, fingerpass, fingerpass reverse, charge, and charge reverse to buy pens, visit www.penwish.com

6. fang
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 14:57:29

everything is said, ^ right there, but yeah, enjoy UPSB!

7. Jazz
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 15:58:26

Buy a metallic comssa. They are GREAT to start off with :) :welcome: Welcome to UPSB, Enjoy your stay! If theres anything you dont understand, you can ask me :D

8. spinford
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 19:00:00

@MoKhan welcome! TO UPSB!!! I'm spinford and I'm a canadian spinner!

9. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 19:18:25

:welcome: If you're starting off a pencil can be sufficient for quite some time. If you call ahead of time to a grand&toy they might be able to order HGGs in for you, pick up some RSVPs while you get those and you can make an RSVP MX; a really good starting mod.

10. Kiiro
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 21:07:42

If you are in Canada a bictory would be good but since you have large hands, if I were you, I would make an Extended bictory It uses 1 additional pen it has the same construction process but uses a bic round stic body and bic ultra round stic grip inktubes If the barrel gets to thin and you are willing to go online to buy, penwish.com is a great website Some beginner pens theyr are rsvp mx,comssas, I think ComPirat for ppl with larger hands