UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Waterfall RT

1. Danny116
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 02:50:44

After seeing a few videos on youtube about a Retractable Waterfall mod (creds to neixx and MrVoreTex) i decided to make my own version of the mod. Looking at MrVortex's part list i noticed it is there are parts from lots of different pens, so i worked mine to use just 2 more that most should have lying around S:. Thanks for Reading and enjoy! [B]-pictures coming soon!-[/B] by -insert free day here- :wacko: Creds: Waterfall: for the AMAZING mod. Mr.VorTex: the parts list niexx: my first view of the writable Waterfall and inspiring me to making one! [B]Stats: Waterfall RT[/B] =========================== COG: ~COP (a millimeter or so to the clicker end) Length: ~21-22 cm Weight: ~18 grams Style: Double Sided Writing-Mechanism: Bic Retractable Ink-Type: (fine) RSVP ink-tube Estimated-Cost: Classic Waterfall + RSVP, Signo Pen and Bic Retract. (prices depend on where you buy it. not 100% sure) =========================== Materials List: -Classic Waterfall Mod (Any sort of Dr.Grip, i used the ones on penwish) -Bic Retractable (tip, spring, retracting system) -RSVP ink-tube -Signo Inktube Tools/Other Materials: -Flat and Circular File -Drill Bit, 1/8th of an inch, if needed -Hot Glue Gun -Tape -Pliers -clippers -anything thin enough to remove the center of one reynolds cap =========================== [B]Tutorial:[/B] Prepare: -Reynolds Cap: -Writing Cap: Use a drill bit to pierce one reyolds cap as shown, this hole should allow the RSVP ink-tube to slide freely through it. You may have to use a drill bit to widen the hole in the Signo Tip, just to allow the metal RSVP ink-tube to slide freely through the hole. Slide the Signo Tip onto the reynolds cap (fits PERFECTLY x) -Retracting Side: Use a tool of your choice to break the ribs holding the center column of the reynolds cap, *be VERY careful while doing this, the caps are thin and i have done visible damage to mine.* This creates an opening for the clicker system and Signo tip. Using a Circular File, hollow out the reynolds cap until the Signo tip can slide freely though the cap. -Super Pirat Body: -Blue end: Cut off the Blue tip and remove the ink. Hollow out the blue plastic until the bic retract spring has considerable freedom of movement inside. -White End: With the circular file, sand out the opening large enough to fit the retract system of the Bic. -Retract System: -Cut the Signo ink-tube 2.7 cm from the start of the plastic tubing. -Remove the ink as best as possible -Use the pliers to take off the writing tip of the ink-tube, save it for later. -cut 2.7 cm from the back of the Bic Retractable Tip, slide it over the signo ink-tube section but leave 2 mm from the edge. -Hot glue the Signo tip onto the tip of the inktube. -cut off the clip on the retract system. -Slide the Bic the retract system onto the white end of the super Pirat body. -use sandpaper to rough up the end of the clicker piece -hot glue the signo ink-tube and tip assembly onto the clicker piece. -wrap some tape where the pirat barrel meets the clicker. -slide hollow reynolds cap over the entire assembly. -RSVP ink-tube: -Cut 4 mm of the end of the RSVP ink-tube -At the shortened end of the ink-tube, attach the signo ink-tube tip. -Using the Bic spring, have one end of the spring at the end of the rsvp metal tip as shown. using the other end of the spring as a reference for where to wrap the tape to hold the spring down. Assembly: -slide the RSVP inktube into the Super Pirat -Put the "Writing end" reynolds cap over the rsvp ink-tube and spring" -Cut both Dr. Grip grips about 3.5 cm from the flat end, and slide over both reynolds caps as wanted. Your Complete! Spin and Write UPSB! xD P.S. Please feel free to add any possible improvments to this mod. this is my first tutorial so please be kind xD. I'll get the pictures done ASAP!!! but i hope the words are good enough S: =============================== Q/A: Any Questions S:

2. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:39:40

damn this is what I called QUALITY TUTORIAL!!! no pic, big chunk of text.. and wtf is "..noticeably weightier".. LOL QUALITY TUTORIAL FTW!!!~~ PrinceXD

3. Danny116
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:41:36

WOW thank you xD i spent about an hour putting it together in what i wud seem is LOGICAL xD the pics aren't going be the rbest of quality because i dont have the parts to make it AGAIN, but i'll do my best, hopefully they'll be up tmrw S: thank you!!! xD EDIT: well idk the exact weight, but i did notice how much heavier the extra mechanisms made it so yea S:

4. Riley
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:43:15

I think I'm going to make this. :D

5. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:43:50

=.= im sorry, but you didnt get my point. @Riley flaming too much? a tut is there to teach someone how to make certain things in general, people prefer pics and/or vids. a tut missing that makes the tut way harder to follow and therefore ended up confusing people rather than teacher people and like nacho said.. why would people wanna make a tut before pics.. makes no sense so.. flame too much? i dont think so.. he should understand why i flamed him anyways.. if not, this post shall clarify the reason why i flamed him i'm aware of him posting pics TOMORROW so.. why not type the tut TOMORROW? get it? PrinceXD

6. Riley
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:48:59

Yea, sorry, I didn't really read the part about that he was going to upload pics soon. Still, it seems like a nice way to make waterfalls retractable, you flamed a bit too much.

7. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:50:29

Yeah pics should be in here. I kinda wonder why people post their tutorials before having the pictures sometimes but they should help clarify your steps.

8. Danny116
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:53:27

yea sorry guys about the missing pics S: i'll post them tmrw some time S: thier not going to be exactly the same as i made it but i hope i get the same idea across xD

9. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 04:05:41

Well sometimes personally I get lazy and I don't want to read a ton of text so a picture is a much more concise and easy-to-see representation of what you're trying to say. Some people like words better because sometimes you can't show everything in a picture. So it's best to have both haha.

10. daniel0731ex
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 04:18:57

Just draw the pictures in paint.

11. Kari-Chan
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 04:39:34

i was excited to see that there's a retractable waterfall... only to find out i'm not sure how it looks... =\ sure it could look like a regular waterfall but sometimes people post pictures on how exactly it's retracting. eg, they take the cap off & click or they click through the cap but i dont know 'cos there's no pic... even if u did say it in the text, i don't know because i'm lazy and didn't want to read through all that text JUST to see HOW it clicks. anyway, as PrinceXD said, if you're gonna post pics tomorrow, post the tut tomorrow. odds of someone else posting that same tut is like what? 0%

12. J74Q
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 04:45:38

Been waiting for this :)

13. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 05:44:00

shameless promotion FTW? PrinceXD ==== Edit: Although you do have good mspaint skills, promoting it everywhere is unnecessary. And I meant you shamelessly promoting ur skills, not that mod idea. ==== Edit 2: I'm just saying, you post your stuff (which is technically not related) everywhere. Time to hold back? If people are interested, they WILL find you. if no one's interested, you WONT get them thru this method. eg: I post my ABCMP mod pic on every thread on UPSB. will people get annoyed? yes will i get their interest? no you have your thread with your mspaint stuffs stick to that.. >_> isnt that enough? still want more attention? and sorry, English is my 2nd language.. meaning plz?

daniel0731ex wrote: Just draw the pictures in paint. http://forum.upsb.info/attachment.php?attachmentid=446&d=1306872140

14. Zleepy
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:43:39

seems really nice, could we see how it looks like pls? :)

15. Raos
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 14:30:36

nice tut but i want to see the final product

16. daniel0731ex
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 15:57:41

Lol, I don't really care much for that mod idea, but I'm really proud of the picture, especially the logo. @PrinceXD EDIT: I suppose you like lightnings, eh?

17. Danny116
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 19:16:36

pics are going o have to wait til i get a hold of some signos, lost all the extra inktubes when i moved o-o, i guess for the sake clear picture aids please wait a day or two S: about the sorta rushed tutorial, i was planning to include the pictures right away, but when i dropped my head set on my keyboard it hit the enter key and i realized i posted an incomplete tutorial D: so i did my best with words (as you can see the last little bit seems rushed)

18. Danny116
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 19:20:32

the look of the complete mod is exactly the same as a regular waterfall, when i post the picture you'll see that i extend the bic clicker to the signo tip and that becomes the final clicker. no removing of cap or anything xD

19. peninja
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 17:48:49

Danny116 wrote: WOW thank you xD i spent about an hour putting it together in what i wud seem is LOGICAL xD the pics aren't going be the rbest of quality because i dont have the parts to make it AGAIN, but i'll do my best, hopefully they'll be up tmrw S: thank you!!! xD EDIT: well idk the exact weight, but i did notice how much heavier the extra mechanisms made it so yea S:
    i think he was being sarcastic

20. Danny116
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 19:35:08

yes i realized that, and i cant believe i was so gullible Q.Q

21. Cloud
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 20:11:16

Danny116 wrote: about the sorta rushed tutorial, i was planning to include the pictures right away, but when i dropped my head set on my keyboard it hit the enter key and i realized i posted an incomplete tutorial D:
    somehow i dont believe that story. if you didnt have pics, then why did you even start writing the tut?

22. Danny116
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 20:16:11

to get it down while it still in my head. c'mon seriously, if you dont see pictures, then dont continue on with the tutorial if you feel its a waste of your time

23. Dayvedde
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 03:18:55

This is what I call a good tutorial. Although there aren't any pictures, the tutorial is clear, coherent, and thorough that even the stupidest of people can understand. Stop flaming. =.=

24. EliteN00Bz
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 13:12:43

I skipped all of it. Where are the pictures!?

25. FRspinner
    Date: Wed, Feb 29 2012 07:13:25

when are you going to make a video for this? or photo????

26. Pixels
    Date: Wed, Feb 29 2012 07:23:23

OMG... Im not trying to be racist or something but there is something wrong with U MYPSC people. You guys just like bumping threads and photos whether on facebook or upsb... This post has not been touch for almost HALF A YEAR. U HAD TO BUMP IT.

27. midniteferret
    Date: Mon, Mar 12 2012 22:49:02

...why would you bump a tutorial just to say that it doesn't have any pictures....:facepalm: