UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Functions

1. Riley
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:43:25

I searched, I don't think this thread has been created before. Anyway, pen mods are good for spinning, of course. But what about functions? The most common is writable, but what else is there? The PMWT brought tons of new ideas into modding, and I hope we can think of more. List of functions that have worked: 1. Writable a.) retractable b.) twistable c.) uncap 2. Luminous a.) LED b.) glow in the dark c.) glow in the dark insert/outsert d.) blacklight 3. Carrying tools for modding (PMWT) 4. Carrying tools for Poker (PMWT) 5. "Bendable" (PMWT) 6. Shootable (my own creation) 7. Erasable (has an eraser) 8. Waterproof 9. Magnetic 10. Breakable (Guitrum's Breaker and Ponkotu's one) 11. Storage (mento mod - made by Fuco, notes, cigarettes) 12. Spinnable underwater (Poseidon by Kam) 13. Resistance to impact (Impact MX by Kam) 14. Extendable (ZT by K4S) 15. Notes (comes out by twisting, PMWT) 16. Auto-Retractable (Kam's KARMA Mod) 17. E2B (Easy-to-Bring) - (Guitrum's G2-E2B ) 18. USB Drive 19. X-Acto 20.) Dynamic Weight Distribution Ideas that are to be tested: Electric (I kind of get you're saying) Pencil sharpener Scissors I'm forgetting a lot, so please post new ideas or ones that I have forgotten. The creator/first mod to have it would be nice if you know it. One idea that is kinda pointless but still a new function is having a balloon in the mod. (the blow part on one side, and the side that puffs up on the other) [SIZE="3"][COLOR="lemonchiffon"]<- That sounds wrong.[/COLOR][/SIZE]

2. Raos
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:47:44

interesting..... how about carrying stuff, secret messages, waterproof, magnetic, electric etc.

3. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:49:14

pencil sharpener; that would be cool

4. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:49:14

Twistable Spinnable under water (Poseidon by Kam) Resistance to Impact (Impact MX by Kam) Storage (the mentos mint mod i forgot by who LOL, notes, cigarettes.. etc) Magnetic PrinceXD

5. Raos
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:52:18

Riley wrote: I searched, I don't think this thread has been created before. Anyway, pen mods are good for spinning, of course. But what about functions? The most common is writable, but what else is there? The PMWT brought tons of new ideas into modding, and I hope we can think of more. List of functions that have worked: 1. Writable a.) retractable b.) uncap 2. LED (lights up) 3. Carrying tools for modding (PMWT) 4. Carrying tools for Poker (PMWT) 5. "Bendable" (PMWT) 6. Shootable (my own creation) 7. Erasable (has an eraser) 8. Waterproof 9. Magnetic Ideas that are to be tested: "secret messages" @DrakeOhMeteor007 Please explain what you mean by this Electric (I kind of get you're saying) I'm forgetting a lot, so please post new ideas or ones that I have forgotten. One idea that is kinda pointless but still a new function is having a balloon in the mod. (the blow part on one side, and the side that puffs up on the other) [SIZE="3"][COLOR="lemonchiffon"]<- That sounds wrong.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
    i remember seeing a video of a mod made by a frenchie that had paper that you can slide out and it can have notes etc. There is also secret message container in a mod that was in the PMWT iirc

6. Riley
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:55:36

@DrakeOhMeteor007 Well, you can just have an mx, write notes on an insert/plain paper, and take it out with the inktube.

7. Raos
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:57:04

Riley wrote: @DrakeOhMeteor007 Well, you can just have an mx, write notes on an insert/plain paper, and take it out with the inktube.
    not its not like that, it ou twiste teh cap the note coems out, if you twsit the frotn anotehr comes out, and the note can be pulled from the body

8. daniel0731ex
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 03:34:11

Auto-piloting and adjustable weight distrubution.

9. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:02:22

@PrinceXD Could it possibly be Baaron? I have a vague impression.

10. Velocity
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 10:24:07

A possibe fuction: a Mod that is able to make a UPSB thread with over 17+ pages of replies

11. whizz
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 13:40:51

Impact MX is not resistant to impact, it's called so because of the pen that is used in it, Uni-ball Impact RT.

12. V-Storm
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 14:51:24

whizz wrote: Impact MX is not resistant to impact, it's called so because of the pen that is used in it, Uni-ball Impact RT.
    Actually, it is, due to the rubberband.

13. sarugio
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 14:54:14

USB driver storage? i saw a mod with a 2GB flashdisk at the back. but i forgot what's the name and who create it

14. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 15:31:46

@whizz Kam have specifically designed the mod to be resistant to impact. He also tested out which item helps absorb impact, and threw the mod around. http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=10091&st=20 Post #39 and #40 ;) PrinceXD

whizz wrote: Impact MX is not resistant to impact, it's called so because of the pen that is used in it, Uni-ball Impact RT.

15. Holypie
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 15:56:09

Make a pen that integrates scissors. After that try a tubing cutter. And then make a multi pen mod.

16. whizz
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 16:26:54

What a far-fetched function. Is Buster CYL also resistant to impact?

17. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 22:03:16

@Riley Auto-Retractable (Kam's KARMA Mod) E2B (Easy-to-Bring) - (Guitrum's G2-E2B ) Multi-Ink (AFAIK not explored) ===== Just to let you know, I didnt make that stuff up. So I wouldnt know the answer to your question. But Impact MX is designed to be resistant to impact... and I'm sure Buster CYL[B] isn't[/B] designed to be resistant to impact. PrinceXD

whizz wrote: What a far-fetched function. Is Buster CYL also resistant to impact?

18. sarugio
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 02:11:43

but i think storage function like the mentos mod will change the mod's weight if you eat the mentos

19. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 07:46:48

@Riley Dynamic Weight Distribution http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=20770 PrinceXD

20. daniel0731ex
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 15:26:15

[QUOTE=PrinceXD;110843]@Nachoaddict I guess if I am to work on this one even more I'll need to integrate active control....

21. Fail
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 15:33:44

The Dynamic Showcase is ridiculously hard to spin...made a dynamic ballsign mod...hardest mod to spin.

22. Froggy
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 15:37:40

thought u did ur hwk long time ago. PrinceXD

daniel0731ex wrote: DAMN IT so somebody already made that idea...

23. daniel0731ex
    Date: Fri, Jun 24 2011 15:46:50

@PrinceXD well there is always a few that I would miss by accident -_-

24. Nachoaddict
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 16:09:36

Yeah I thought you knew about that lol. I was expecting you to expand on that idea.

25. daniel0731ex
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 18:14:47

@Nachoaddict Yeah I am gonna do that. To me it seems that iMatt's design is flawed in the physics side, but it may be possible that my understanding in the PS aspect is insufficient... But from what I'm seeing (mainly from the physics perspective, though I made my obervations aswell), the Dynamic Showcase rather yields the opposite effect than originally intended...

26. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Jun 26 2011 05:14:34

@Riley in the luminous section theres actually a few parts 1) LED 2) Glowstick 3) Glow-In-The-Dark Insert also, Kam's LED Firefly mod did something about Black Light... dunno where you wanna put that in =P PrinceXD