UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello :)

1. Zealot
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 03:56:06

Hey my name is Brandon. Started getting into pen spinning at the start of the June this year so about 3 weeks ago. Decided to make an account here :) I have Thumbaround, Sonic 3-4 and 2-3, charge 3-4 and 2-3 mastered. I can do those tricks 99/100 times. I can't do fingerpass very smooth or quick yet, can't do any reverse tricks yet either. Learning to do shadow as of yesterday and I can get it maybe 1 out of 5 tries or so. I'm using a redneck pen I made just for some balance. I ordered a buster CYL and I know it's bad but I'm not going to be spinning for world tournament or anything just doing this for fun and pure self entertainment and to keep my hands busy. I prefer the heavier and longer pens it's easier to learn tricks and that's good enough for me. Hoping to learn a lot more here :)

2. Quake
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 04:25:05

:welcome: to UPSB. i think you meant June? anyways enjoy your stay.

3. MickChickenn
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 04:29:26

Oh god. Noob bait. Trust me. The buster is a bad idea. Also, you dont have to write the hyphen between your finger slots. Have fun.

4. Cloud
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 04:29:48

No! He's a time traveler. loljk Hi, :welcome: to UPSB. I dunno why everyone says enjoy your stay like it's some hotel and will check out soon. Anyways, it's really great here. Most people are really friendly. MOST. So don't hesitate to ask questions. However, a mistake that many new people make is creating a new thread for a single question. There are a few stickied threads for small questions. Oh, and DO NOT use the Buster until you are about a year into pen spinning. It's a REALLY bad idea to start with a heavy pen. I'd recommend a Waterfall or a Metal Comssa. Much better for beginners. Trust me, I started early with a Buster too. I said that exact same lines. It's easier to learn tricks. But, it will destroy your spinning style. Your tricks will be sloppy. Plus you are treated as a noob if you do. Bad idea. VERY BAD IDEA. Have fun here!

5. Zealot
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 04:31:52

Thanks :) yeah I meant June haha I fixed it :) Cloud : yeah I have just been reading help threads to try an learn the reverse tricks I haven't had a need to start any new threads for help :) I like spinning the buster so it's what I'm gonna use :pi find it more fun to me using the buster then a smaller pen like an MX or bictory. I'm having a lot of fun learning the shadow and some advanced tricks. Is it better for me to get the rev's of the fundementals first or can I dabble in advanced tricks and learn the rev's later?

6. Quake
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 04:46:00

Zealot wrote: I'm having a lot of fun learning the shadow and some advanced tricks. Is it better for me to get the rev's of the fundementals first or can I dabble in advanced tricks and learn the rev's later?
    You can learn tricks in any order you wish, however i advise that you master the fundamentals first, it wil be easier to learn more advanced tricks. at least.. thats how it was for me.

7. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 06:41:03

@Zealot hey welcome to upsb :D fellow canadian spinner. learn all the fundamentals first and then start learning the advance tricks as some of the fundies will help you out with them. If you really, really want to learn an advance trick first, go ahead :) spin whatever you like, its your choice :thumb: where in canada btw? :huh: good to have you here:D

8. Zealot
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 09:47:31

Near Edmonton in Alberta. An hour ago I did my first linkage :) Sonic Rise > FL TA Wondering if that's good progress or not for about 3 weeks of spinning.

9. Krypton
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 09:47:34

I wish all members give intros like @Cloud. Anyways, welcome to UPSB! Don't worry about the Fingerpass, it takes months to get it smooth. I can't really stop you from spinning a Buster, but you may want to not be too dependant on it as it hurts your hands and makes your spinning look ugly. A Metal Comssa is best IMO, it's cheap (~$5-6), it's balanced, it's got a reasonable amount of weight and the body has a very nice feel.

10. Zealot
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 10:01:38

I was thinking of getting a comssa or something and just learning tricks with buster, cuz it moves slower and everyone says it's easier to learn tricks with it, and then master them with a lighter pen so I can keep everything looking smooth and not ugly as you said. I'll see how it goes though :)

11. Krypton
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 10:05:08

Yeap that's about how it should be, glad you understood :)

12. Zealot
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 10:22:53

Yeah I think the slower movement of the pen will help me understand tricks better so it's not such a pain learning all the little details of each trick or combo. Thanks for all the help everyone. Liking the community already :)

13. Raos
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 13:05:28

Zealot wrote: Yeah I think the slower movement of the pen will help me understand tricks better so it's not such a pain learning all the little details of each trick or combo. Thanks for all the help everyone. Liking the community already :)
    where near edmonton? Red Deer? and :welcome: I suggest you to get a waterfall mod

14. Zealot
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 00:15:49

Beaverlodge next to grande prarie lol. Yeah I was looking at those too. Might get one soon.

15. Raos
    Date: Thu, Jun 23 2011 01:38:47

Zealot wrote: Beaverlodge next to grande prarie lol. Yeah I was looking at those too. Might get one soon.
    thats cool. Waterfall is a very good pen mod