UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Ivan Mod

1. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 09:36:41

Alright I've been getting emails and messages about the "Ivan Mod" and honestly based on the tutorial. it seems like a horrible way to make a CYL substitute or a shorter vic got game sub. With excessive spinning the chances of the mod breaking or cracking would be pretty high with the amount of glue that this thing needs. Am I missing something or is it just me? Not sure what's the infatuation all of a sudden but wudda i know :huh:

2. i.suk
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 09:45:55

PenwisH wrote: Alright I've been getting emails and messages about the "Ivan Mod" and honestly based on the tutorial. it seems like a horrible way to make a CYL substitute or a shorter vic got game sub. With excessive spinning the chances of the mod breaking or cracking would be pretty high with the amount of glue that this thing needs. Am I missing something or is it just me? Not sure what's the infatuation all of a sudden but wudda i know :huh:
    infatuation is due to spinners (finally) finding out that supawit uses 'Ivan Mod' in many of his videos, and not normal 'buster cyl' (although i'm quite sure those who looked closely realised this ages ago) -.- hmm, it seems pretty secure to me; what method do you use? because mine doesn't use glue Oo" (just sanded down supertip front parts slightly until they fit tightly); and it saves a lot of trouble getting comssa caps from overseas/trades etc, and saves money. although biggest influence on its sudden increase in popularity is due to fanboy-ism and supawit xD although i do find the subtle change in body thickness a bit annoying to look at when mod isn't being spun, like something lurking at the back of my mind saying the mod isn't 'symmetrical'

3. THENICKRULZ
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 09:53:29

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/7141/img3683l.jpg&imgrefurl=http://hkpsa.com/forum/thread-16523-2-1.html&usg=__POsBN3vXMY8m7c0rZtIpVOPEyCU=&h=2112&w=2816&sz=2215&hl=en&start=0&sig2=Bgrdpcpi8Lfb6P0cqHnRFw&zoom=1&tbnid=Ncp7AE_ERPBE_M:&tbnh=140&tbnw=194&ei=TdL5Te_WK4qOuQOT7vmZAw&prev=/search%3Fq%3Divan%2Bmod%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dubuntu%26sa%3DN%26channel%3Dfs%26biw%3D1280%26bih%3D936%26tbm%3Disch&um=1&itbs=1&iact=hc&vpx=553&vpy=88&dur=414&hovh=194&hovw=259&tx=171&ty=123&page=1&ndsp=28&ved=1t:429,r:2,s:0&biw=1280&bih=936 lol long web adress... is this it??

4. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 09:54:36

ahhh you don't have to use glue? the tut on hkpsa says use loads of glue unless my chinese is failing me haha but I'll take a look into it. wonder what version of supertips they are using. I asked crayola and they have had 9...i repeat 9 slightly different variations of super tip...fml

5. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 09:55:33

that's the official one. Since they can't get dr.girps or its too pricey. a lot of people use airfits but yeah that's the original.

6. L-in
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 09:55:59

@PenwisH You are taking the tutorial wrong haha. This mod require no glue or teflon whatsoever! I own this mod, and most people in PSH and TWPS and HKPSA too. No one uses glue to connect the barrels. The appropriate length of the barrels on two sides is 3.5 cm each (i.e. the length of a comssa cap). Any mm longer would make glue necessary for modding. Sanding down the barrel front might be necessary. This mod is super stable, IMO it is much more stable than regular buster. I can take the two sides off and make a super short buster but the two sides never ever rattle or fall while hard drop or whatnot. FYI Ivan mod is the main mod of supawit and peem now too~ This is a great mod. Original one does use Dr.grip grips, but people now use AF grips more for it and Ivan himself approved this method. Also, any version of ST can fit. :XD:

7. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:01:09

Also, any version of ST can fit. lol i beg to differ on that one the st in europe are not even regular barrels anymore. i just made the mod for lols and it seems like a painful way to make buster lol. Painful as in excessive cutting but meh . Almost feels like a short vic got game or a weird buster

8. L-in
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:03:26

PenwisH wrote: Also, any version of ST can fit. lol i beg to differ on that one the st in europe are not even regular barrels anymore. i just made the mod for lols and it seems like a painful way to make buster lol. Painful as in excessive cutting but meh . Almost feels like a short vic got game or a weird buster
    Oh maybe I took it wrong haha. I only know 3 versions~ Old, new, and canadian ones with waves on caps~ New ones are bad, the other two are okay~

9. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:07:56

waves on cap is fine. the body is still similar to the first generation super tip

10. L-in
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:10:04

PenwisH wrote: waves on cap is fine. the body is still similar to the first generation super tip
    Haha that's what I meant~ Only the "new" one is bad~~

11. GigaByte
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:13:09

L-in wrote: @PenwisH You are taking the tutorial wrong haha. This mod require no glue or teflon whatsoever! I own this mod, and most people in PSH and TWPS and HKPSA too. No one uses glue to connect the barrels. The appropriate length of the barrels on two sides is 3.5 cm each (i.e. the length of a comssa cap). Any mm longer would make glue necessary for modding. Sanding down the barrel front might be necessary. This mod is super stable, IMO it is much more stable than regular buster. I can take the two sides off and make a super short buster but the two sides never ever rattle or fall while hard drop or whatnot. FYI Ivan mod is the main mod of supawit and peem now too~ This is a great mod. Original one does use Dr.grip grips, but people now use AF grips more for it and Ivan himself approved this method. Also, any version of ST can fit. :XD:
    i also have this mod , and this mod didnt use glue

12. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:15:50

kk tutorial the one i read did guess you can just sand and stick

13. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:16:22

"what's new in penwish.com" will be showing large amount of Ivan mods soon :P PrinceXD

14. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:20:40

lol maybe. i find it a pain in the butt buster cyl sub. we'll see. i just didn't understand all the fuss

15. GigaByte
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:23:59

maybe people will prefer for ivan mod if they want to save money cuz ivan mod feel a little bit lighter than Buster

16. Froggy
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:24:08

Peem and supawit fanboys. It's been in hkpsa since n yrs ago.. PrinceXD

PenwisH wrote: lol maybe. i find it a pain in the butt buster cyl sub. we'll see. i just didn't understand all the fuss

17. PenwisH
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 11:35:45

definitely not, 3.5 cm of st barrel is definitely heavier than a comssa cap. there is not say it's lighter than a buster cyl

GigaByte wrote: maybe people will prefer for ivan mod if they want to save money cuz ivan mod feel a little bit lighter than Buster

18. GigaByte
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 11:40:42

PenwisH wrote: definitely not, 3.5 cm of st barrel is definitely heavier than a comssa cap. there is not say it's lighter than a buster cyl
    when i spin that mod . it feel a little bit light than buster .. i dont know if the ST barrel is more heavy than comssa cap :)

19. Holypie
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 11:48:11

The only difference between the new (the US ones) and the wavy supertips is that the wavy ones are a bit longer and they have stuff inside the barrel preventing BRS barrels to fit inside so it's only connectable from the back.

20. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 14:51:40

Yeah I think it's probably 25% love for the actual mod and 75% infatuation with the spinners themselves. Possibly the aesthetics differing slightly could draw people in but I agree with Pince and i.suk. I mean you save something like a dollar to make it this way instead of a regular buster cyl so I don't think cost is a real "plus".

21. Soren
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 15:04:02

wow...funny how the black grips on the finished product looks different in the pictures of the ivan mod parts... (on the hkpsa tut)

22. L-in
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 04:24:47

OK, dear PenwisH! Here is a video tutorial by a PSH moderator thediy , I guess this one is clear enough haha~

23. Soren
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 22:36:14

L-in wrote: OK, dear PenwisH! Here is a video tutorial by a PSH moderator thediy , I guess this one is clear enough haha~
    what is PSH anyways? Pen Spinning Hong Kong? i heard it was Pen Spinning Home?, whats the website?

24. L-in
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 22:38:40

Supergirl wrote: what is PSH anyways? Pen Spinning Hong Kong? i heard it was Pen Spinning Home?, whats the website?
    PSH = PSerHome, Chinese penspinning forum. www.pserhome.com/forum Hong Kong one is HKPSA. Taiwan one is TWPS.

25. Soren
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 22:40:49

L-in wrote: PSH = PSerHome, Chinese penspinning forum. www.pserhome.com/forum Hong Kong one is HKPSA. Taiwan one is TWPS.
    so PSH is mainly for chinese people? (people that can read simplified chinese?) and the forum is not base around a country or continent? like hkpsa is based around hong kong etc...

26. J74Q
    Date: Sat, Jun 18 2011 03:41:00

Supergirl wrote: so PSH is mainly for chinese people? (people that can read simplified chinese?) and the forum is not base around a country or continent? like hkpsa is based around hong kong etc...
    Yea smthing like that... im looking forward to join HKPSA or PSH. I can read chinese and can write chinese but my chinese sux. hahax... Back to ivan mod, for me, i think penwish is right. i think the barrel cuts are a pain and i think u have to make the barrel thinner by slicing some of the parts of the supertips off thats a pain too (for me at least :))

27. Froggy
    Date: Sat, Jun 18 2011 16:23:19

Off topic, but i suggest u DONT join HKPSA people from HKPSA leaves HKPSA to join TWPS instead reasons: 1) HKPSA spinners are very unforgiving 2) they dont read english this well.. if you type in English u get 50% hate (they think u're showing off) 3) flaming everywhere.. u post a pic of a mod and 75% of the users will flame u (even when theres nothing to flame about) so.. in conclusion.. dont join HKPSA.. you should try TWPS instead =P PrinceXD

J74Q wrote: Yea smthing like that... im looking forward to join HKPSA or PSH. I can read chinese and can write chinese but my chinese sux. hahax... Back to ivan mod, for me, i think penwish is right. i think the barrel cuts are a pain and i think u have to make the barrel thinner by slicing some of the parts of the supertips off thats a pain too (for me at least :))

28. daniel0731ex
    Date: Sat, Jun 18 2011 17:31:19

Supergirl wrote: so PSH is mainly for chinese people? (people that can read simplified chinese?) and the forum is not base around a country or continent? like hkpsa is based around hong kong etc...
    Well, Taiwan is a seperate country... @PrinceXD Also, the appearance/design of TWPS forum look much more elegant.

29. exclusive
    Date: Sat, Jun 18 2011 19:53:30

Holypie wrote: The only difference between the new (the US ones) and the wavy supertips is that the wavy ones are a bit longer and they have stuff inside the barrel preventing BRS barrels to fit inside so it's only connectable from the back.
    BRS?

30. Holypie
    Date: Sat, Jun 18 2011 20:43:48

exclusive wrote: BRS?
    Bic round stic

31. RicLu98
    Date: Sun, Jun 19 2011 03:03:09

daniel0731ex wrote: Well, Taiwan is a seperate country... @PrinceXD Also, the appearance/design of TWPS forum look much more elegant.
    taiwan is not a separate country. it's actually part of china

32. daniel0731ex
    Date: Sun, Jun 19 2011 03:18:55

@RicLu98 That's what ignorant people thought.

33. RicLu98
    Date: Sun, Jun 19 2011 04:19:38

daniel0731ex wrote: @RicLu98 That's what ignorant people thought.
    taiwan has a different government, but taiwan never actually separated from china. taiwanese people just want to separate from china. taiwan isn't in the united nations, but china is.

34. L-in
    Date: Sun, Jun 19 2011 09:13:14

daniel0731ex wrote: Well, Taiwan is a seperate country... @PrinceXD Also, the appearance/design of TWPS forum look much more elegant.
    I don't want to get into politics here, but you are bull shitting. I don't want to swear here, but fu*k you. EDIT: For you noob's information, PSH and TWPS use same server/company/service, both powered by Discuz. LEARN STUFF BEFORE YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNEW EVERYTHING, BOY.

35. Along
    Date: Sun, Jun 19 2011 10:12:10

I used to spin an Ivan Mod before I had my comssa caps and backplug the Ivan mod is slightly lighter than the Buster CYL, but it is still quite good for power tricks

36. Soren
    Date: Tue, Jun 21 2011 16:17:40

will color twins or even kts work instead of supertips?

37. L-in
    Date: Tue, Jun 21 2011 20:48:25

Supergirl wrote: will color twins or even kts work instead of supertips?
    Yes, go look up "supawit DC" on youtube. That one has similar modding method, but just uses KT barrels and SG grips.

38. Soren
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 07:31:10

L-in wrote: Yes, go look up "supawit DC" on youtube. That one has similar modding method, but just uses KT barrels and SG grips.
    thanks =D but he uses kt, would a color twin work instead?

39. i.suk
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 09:11:01

Supergirl wrote: thanks =D but he uses kt, would a color twin work instead?
    yeah it works, i've done it before xD

40. Soren
    Date: Wed, Jun 22 2011 09:39:01

i.suk wrote: yeah it works, i've done it before xD
    awesome! cant wait to make it =DD

41. walrus
    Date: Mon, Jun 27 2011 00:28:11

L-in wrote: @PenwisH You are taking the tutorial wrong haha. This mod require no glue or teflon whatsoever! I own this mod, and most people in PSH and TWPS and HKPSA too. No one uses glue to connect the barrels. The appropriate length of the barrels on two sides is 3.5 cm each (i.e. the length of a comssa cap). Any mm longer would make glue necessary for modding. Sanding down the barrel front might be necessary. This mod is super stable, IMO it is much more stable than regular buster. I can take the two sides off and make a super short buster but the two sides never ever rattle or fall while hard drop or whatnot. FYI Ivan mod is the main mod of supawit and peem now too~ This is a great mod. Original one does use Dr.grip grips, but people now use AF grips more for it and Ivan himself approved this method. Also, any version of ST can fit. :XD:
    3.5cm on either side but what is the length of the center part?

42. Froggy
    Date: Mon, Jun 27 2011 07:13:56

1 whole ST barrel PrinceXD

Jan wrote: 3.5cm on either side but what is the length of the center part?
    EDIT: here daniel0731ex.. lemme help you. @RicLu98 please read post below me ^_^

43. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, Jun 27 2011 16:27:20

RicLu98;108682]taiwan has a different government, but taiwan never actually separated from china. taiwanese people just want to separate from china. taiwan isn't in the united nations, but china is.[/QUOTE] Taiwan was in the UN before China, but left in protest to China joining UN (which is really stupid, but oh well, every country have idiot politicians at one point). [QUOTE=L-in wrote: I don't want to get into politics here, but you are bull shitting. I don't want to swear here, but fu*k you. EDIT: For you noob's information, PSH and TWPS use same server/company/service, both powered by Discuz. LEARN STUFF BEFORE YOU ACT LIKE YOU KNEW EVERYTHING, BOY.
    How does that have to do with anything? I was simply saying that the color scheme/design etc looks more tasteful, you know, like, the [B]customizable[/B] part. And yes, I do know what Discuz is, thanks for your "information". Oh and, such magnificant wisdom you have shone in your post, sir.

44. OG
    Date: Mon, Jun 27 2011 19:37:35

@PenwisH Ivan mod was made a bit before VGG ST mod, but after the Buster CYL.. I believe spinners without access to comssas enjoyed this mod, as it spins quite similarly to a Buster, and some think it's better... But I agree cutting ST barrels is a pain XD

45. Explosion101
    Date: Thu, Jun 30 2011 18:46:04

cutting ST barrels is easy imo, i just use an xacto

46. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Jul 1 2011 13:43:53

Jan wrote: 3.5cm on either side but what is the length of the center part?
    you probably just cut off the i guess..... "Tip" of the supertip. Then you'll probably have to shave out the inside of that end slightly to fit the bic barrel in

47. Soren
    Date: Fri, Jul 1 2011 14:51:35

drgripable wrote: you probably just cut off the i guess..... "Tip" of the supertip. Then you'll probably have to shave out the inside of that end slightly to fit the bic barrel in
    an ivan mod doesnt use a bic barrel...

48. Froggy
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 07:02:42

It doesnt, because it uses the tip to connect two barrels together BUT what if someone removed the tip? then its time for some BIC barrel! PrinceXD

Supergirl wrote: an ivan mod doesnt use a bic barrel...

49. drgripable
    Date: Thu, Jul 21 2011 18:12:09

i have just measured the weight of an ivan mod body and a buster body, YES buster body is heavier

50. JackyMacky
    Date: Thu, Jul 21 2011 18:58:49

Ivan mod seems to be more stable when using new STs. The two modified ST bodies click into place nice and tight. Old ST's just kind of pop off so you'll need glue. There is a possibility that the mod WILL crack, considering the caps are tightly fit. Maybe if you "accidentally" bend either ST ends, it will crack the bodies/caps. And L-in is right about stability. Perhaps too stable. O_O

51. Forest
    Date: Sun, Jul 24 2011 09:51:15

the ivan mod is great. here's the tutorial -> [video=youtube;N21QLcCU3Ko]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N21QLcCU3Ko[/video] as you can see there is no need to use bic barrels becuz you can just sand and stick. it works. i made an ivan mod and i love it. xD

52. VisualizeWorldPens
    Date: Fri, Jul 29 2011 01:40:17

i have one, and im going to put it in a trade thread, once i can get one together, if anyone wants it =D

53. Forest
    Date: Fri, Jul 29 2011 15:15:50

@VisualizeWorldPens u must have to make it pretty special for anyone to want it. it's really easy to make as it requires less money to make then a buster.

54. VisualizeWorldPens
    Date: Fri, Jul 29 2011 16:14:32

LYFOjh wrote: @VisualizeWorldPens u must have to make it pretty special for anyone to want it. it's really easy to make as it requires less money to make then a buster.

55. Forest
    Date: Fri, Jul 29 2011 16:48:50

@VisualizeWorldPens nvm.