UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / Mythbuster: Grey Anyball

1. V-Storm
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 04:45:38

I keep on hearing that if you bleach a grey anyball grip, it will turn more white, if not totally white. Can someone confirm this with or without pictures for me and other curious people?

2. MickChickenn
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 04:55:49

hmm. I wonder if this actually works. If anything, you could just use white out or paint to make it white.

3. MickChickenn
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 04:56:25

That would be a last minute course of action though.

4. Nachoaddict
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 05:08:02

Wouldn't the paint or whiteout chip if you tried to squish the grip?

5. King
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 05:08:12

The white out would harden and flake off i think..just because the anyball grip is flexible and whenever you paint something that can bend the paint always flakes off

6. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 09:11:18

Yeah, I tried spray painting an Anyball. It sticks fine if you apply a thin coating, but it looks ugly. Mine does probably because it's black, so if you did that to a grey Anyball I think it would work much better since the colour won't contrast that obviously. Let me know if anybody manages to completely change the colour of an Anyball to white, and the colour stays on.

7. Colin
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 21:01:42

God damn. Im tired of you people ALWAYS asking something and expecting and expecting results with no work input. So, to shut you guys up, I tried it. Ill be uploading a video tomorrow. Im currently trying it out. Edit: Its been around 15 hours since Ive put it in bleach. Still squishy as a grip, and hasnt cracked nor has it had any results. Ill update this status with a video at exactly 24 hours its been inside there.

8. sangara
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 21:12:24

I would imagine it changes the consistency of the grip its self.

9. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 04:11:47

Nachoaddict wrote: Wouldn't the paint or whiteout chip if you tried to squish the grip?
    Thats why you would have to repaint it often.

10. Alvaris
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 15:02:04

Wouldn't feel like anyball grips too, no?

11. J74Q
    Date: Sat, Jun 18 2011 03:31:51

Firstly, your anyball grips will never turn white unless its factory made. The grips are actually 'solid' colours and made from the colour of the rubber/plastic. The colours of the grips are not actually painted onto the grip and its made into that colour which is dyed before it gets into your solid rubber/plastic form, then to your grips. You can prove that by getting a cross section of your anyball grip, you will notice that the centre, which is the placed u cut (the area that u wont see unless u cut it), it will be the colour of ur anyball grip E.g. grey. From here u know that its a colour that is not imprinted / dyed. So bleaching it wont work. [B][COLOR="red"]Myth busted~[/COLOR][/B]

12. V-Storm
    Date: Sat, Jun 18 2011 03:36:47

J74Q wrote: Firstly, your anyball grips will never turn white unless its factory made. The grips are actually 'solid' colours and made from the colour of the rubber/plastic. The colours of the grips are not actually painted onto the grip and its made into that colour which is dyed before it gets into your solid rubber/plastic form, then to your grips. You can prove that by getting a cross section of your anyball grip, you will notice that the centre, which is the placed u cut (the area that u wont see unless u cut it), it will be the colour of ur anyball grip E.g. grey. From here u know that its a colour that is not imprinted / dyed. So bleaching it wont work. [B][COLOR="red"]Myth busted~[/COLOR][/B]
    Well sure, but the reason I ask this is that I have profiles that have drastically faded in color, like from purple into a very light lavender.