UPSB v4

Off-topic / 2011 Stanley Cup Finals

1. Tialys
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 19:23:27

I can't make a poll, but who do you think will win? (Not "who do you want to win"): a) Boston Bruins b) Vancouver Canucks c) Don't care / Don't watch hockey Will anyone here be watching the game tomorrow? I normally don't watch NHL (much more of an NBA fan tbh), but since it's game 7 and all... Here's what I think will happen: Vancouver will go up 2-0 in the game, Boston will tie it up 2-2 to force OT, and Vancouver will score in OT. Final score: 3-2 Vancouver Anyone else wanna bet? :tongue:

2. Fran
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 19:40:25

I hope Vancouver wins I can't stand the Bruins If vancouver wins it'll probably be a low scoring game

3. Colin
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 19:46:32

LOLCANADAFAGS. No, Im sorry. I just dont have much interest for hockey..or football..or sports in general. :vcool: sorry, needed to test something. and i didnt want to make a new thread. and this one was already open.

4. Sankaku
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 19:49:50

Sorry to say if you're a Bruins fan, but your team is dirty as hell. Not to mention how ridiculously biased the reffing is. I'm gonna say Vancouver wins it 2-1, with Burrows scoring the winning goal :P

5. Epic
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 19:54:27

i dont rlly watch hockey :(

6. Hex
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 20:00:18

Nucks got this. But yea, it will be a low scoring game.

7. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 20:13:41

lol both teams are dirty, that's what makes it a good series home team has won every game, also the team that scored first has won every game, just interesting points i think bruins will buck the trend and come from behind for the win

8. hoiboy
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 20:16:01

SHARKS

9. Raos
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 22:33:44

Canucks better win

10. sangara
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 23:23:36

Lemieux

11. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 00:17:17

c)

12. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 02:05:55

fuck the bruins

13. Bleevlee
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 03:23:14

c

14. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 05:35:05

lol canucks are bitches best player on the team just sat there while bruin dude hit him in the face x6. some tough guy

15. Sankaku
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 05:41:09

yet, one of the tough dudes on the bruins gets put on a stretcher from a clean hit, not even hard. yeah, we are totally the bitches. tim thomas is an asshole, and plays too aggressive. cost them game 2. fucking slashes burrows with his stick, and body checks hank to stop the puck. real classy, dude, fuck you and your anger problem.

16. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 06:47:37

lol it clearly wasn't clean because he apologized and got suspended by the league, if you think that was clean then you've got homer syndrome haha i don't even give half a shit about hockey, but i've just been paying attention out of boredom so i'm not biased towards either side, so from a neutral perspective the nucks look like little bitches most of the time

17. Sankaku
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 07:11:30

from the looks of it, your neutral perspective isnt very neutral at all. boston's team plays dirty, WAYYY dirtier than the canucks. you see seidenberg, bergeron, chara, ference, and more that i cant name; theyre all goons. they play hockey by causing shit, roughing shit up, and talking shit. the canucks have like, 3 people that do that, lapierre, rome and torres. the rest of the players are clean as heck, and will hardly ever do cheap shit. how many times have you seen hank or daniel cause shit? a canuck will come skating up to tim anger-management-needed thomas after a shot, do nothing, and yet a boston goon will still cross check him to the ground. its utter bullshit. boston is a dirty team, and the refs are sucking their dongs. all i can say is i hope the canucks win, so they can shove it in their face. also, dont you ever, EVER, fucking call me anything that has to do with development or mental shit. homer syndrome, down syndrome, mentally retarded, i dont give a fuck. you may think its funny, and may not have meant it, but still, its a low blow to do it. i have a cousin who has down syndrome, i love him very much, and i think he's one of the nicest kids on the freakin planet. just cause they look different, act different and speak different doesnt mean theyre not human, and have friends and family who love them. you just lost a shitload of respect from me, give a shit, dont give i shit, i dont care, but you are a lowlife for even making that statement. /rant

18. Neotoma
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 07:29:36

I watched it until Lightning got out :\ Don't really know the other teams.

19. Sankaku
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 09:01:22

This series has forever tainted my opinion of people from Boston. You boo children in your crowds, You piss on our fans, You refuse us service in your establishments (which is stupid- don't you know our money is worth more than yours?) and you yell 'Flopper' at a man with a fractured vertebrae when you have players crying because someone bit them over a glove and players with supposed concussions that are fighting to get back on the team. Boston doesn't deserve a TEAM let alone our Cup! -> well said

20. strat1227
    Date: Wed, Jun 15 2011 14:49:52

lol from my neutral perspective (i actually despise boston also, i hate every boston sports team in sports i watch, celtics socks and patriots are all sworn enemies) i haven't seen anything dirty from boston tim thomas hitting the dude was just staking his ground, if you are chilling in the crease you're going to get lit up, it's just hilarious that it was the goalie that did it, nothing wrong with that yeah boston fans are lower than dirt no doubt, they're terrible but as far as the team they haven't done anything wrong in a sport that's about toughness if you bite someone then you deserve all the ridicule you get, that's just common sense lol and old bobbyloo acts like he's scared of the moment, if he doesn't have his stadium of fans cheering for him then he turns to shit in that whole rant the only thing you really complained about the BRUINS and not their fans or the executives or whatever is that hit by the goalie but that's completely legit. what's not legit is biting and 5-second-late-hits-to-the-head that's what it looks like to me anyway, if you can point out something i'm missing then feel free EDIT: and i don't understand why you're doubting hortons concussion, he was obviously very very seriously injured and it was obviously a dirty hit, you just gotta own up to that one, when you start arguing about that then you lose all credibility because everyone involved has admitted about it

21. Loanshark
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 01:48:01

So uhh... 3-0 Bruins, 1 period left. GG?

22. Raos
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 02:50:58

Vacnouver :facepalm: T.T

23. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 02:52:40

bobbyLOOOOOOO

24. Loanshark
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 10:03:05

I lol'd sooo hard at the 3rd goal

25. Biji
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 12:27:07

Also applies to Robert Green

26. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 13:21:53

ahaha riots in vancouver http://news.nationalpost.com/2011/06/16/photos-riots-fire-destruction-after-vancouvers-loss/ ahahaha

27. Tialys
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 16:50:30

Luongoal wasn't that great and let in soft goals, but Vancouver mailed it in as a team. It's pretty hard to win when you score 0 goals. It was the most embarrassing Game 7 Finals effort I've seen: no heart, grit or determination. I'm not a fan of either team but I can tell that many Canadians were cheering for Boston, so I wouldn't call Vancouver "Canada's team" this year. Well, good on Boston for completing their sports grand slam.

28. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 16:53:25

@Tialys the longest time since a boston sports team has won a championship is the PATRIOTS in 2005 lol, that's crazy bostonians are so sports spoiled lol i heard someone call hiim "LeBrongo" since he played shitty in the finals hahahaha

29. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 17:02:14

Sankaku wrote: also, dont you ever, EVER, fucking call me anything that has to do with development or mental shit. homer syndrome, down syndrome, mentally retarded, i dont give a fuck.
    Just so everyone's clear, "homer" is a sports term that means you defend your home team no matter what and can't see objectively when they're playing bad. I in no way made any comment about developmental or mental disabilities and I never would. I sent kaku a PM apologizing for the misunderstanding and I hope he sees that it was not a comment that deserved any loss of respect or anything like that

30. Kirby
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 17:39:17

Canucks goalie, forgot his name (since I'm not interested in hockey) is gonna give up an easy goal or 2 and I think bruins like take it home.

31. strat1227
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 17:50:41

Kirby wrote: Canucks goalie, forgot his name (since I'm not interested in hockey) is gonna give up an easy goal or 2 and I think bruins like take it home.
    prophetic.

32. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 21:35:48

Kirby wrote: Canucks goalie, forgot his name (since I'm not interested in hockey) is gonna give up an easy goal or 2 and I think bruins like take it home.
    you made a prediction after the game is over, and your prediction is still wrong fail

33. Tialys
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 00:32:12

His 'prediction' came after the game but it could still be correct depending on how you look at it: first 2 goals allowed were easy, 3rd one was average (debatable), 4th was empty net, and the Bruins take the Cup home. Now we get to watch the BoSox win the World Series, yay! Lebrongo lol The rioting in the streets would be the perfect time to pull off a car insurance scam. Just drive your car downtown and park it there right before the game ends.

34. Mufoofee
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 02:51:09

I heard it started a riot.

35. Jazz
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 02:52:26

Mufoofee wrote: I heard it started a riot.
    Yep. In Downtown they flipped police cars and stuff. I wonder if Canucks won xD

36. Kirby
    Date: Fri, Jun 17 2011 20:42:04

Zombo wrote: you made a prediction after the game is over, and your prediction is still wrong fail
    lol Had no idea the game was over. My Bruin's winning was right. Whatshisface shit goalie didn't give up any easy goals? Oh well, I made a partly incorrect prediction about a sport I don't give a shit about. OHHH NOOOO