UPSB v4

General Discussion / do people prefer to buy pre made mods or parts?

1. Noodles
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 21:24:49

Just curious of how i should get rid of some of my supplies. I've been selling them as parts/stock(unmodded). Do people prefer to buy modded pens more then unmodded even if they cost a little bit more?

2. yeti
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 21:40:27

I think people buy the parts because 1. It is usually less expensive 2. You can make variations and different colors 3. Its fun!

3. crinix
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 21:59:49

Depends on the buyer. If those who are bad at modding would buy, they'd prefer it as mod. If those who enjoy modding/are good at modding would buy, they'd prefer it as parts. Personally, I prefer to mod myself. As yeti said; less expensive, there are parts that left from the pen you have used and yes it's fucking fun!

4. MystikSun
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 22:16:41

I love modding myself, although I'm still trying to get grip cuts right. It's less expensive. I also enjoy creating them more than actually spinning them for some reason. Finishing a well made mod is very satisfying.

5. spinford
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 22:26:34

I always buy parts from penwish to make a mod but I always screw up cutting the grips and I make lots of mistakes when I make a pen out of the parts. So I actually prefer the pre-made mods

6. PREDATORNET
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 23:04:54

Modding is so much fun to me, i love modding more than spinning :O

7. Epic
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 23:11:10

i buy pre made cause i dont wanna risk screwing up if its a hard mod to make

8. itzDaKine
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 23:43:57

i like buying parts rather than premade. well depending on the mod... like if i wanted a VGG Mod id buy from PW cuz i suck at cap cuts... but less harder stuff like a Minwoo or Nacho RSVP are fun to mod! also mods are fun to make because of the satisfaction you get after your done modding! plus the Creativity factor like color scheme, inserts, outserts or what have you:) thats fun

9. funnky
    Date: Sun, Jun 12 2011 23:57:53

spinford wrote: I always buy parts from penwish to make a mod but I always screw up cutting the grips and I make lots of mistakes when I make a pen out of the parts. So I actually prefer the pre-made mods
    i agree with him

10. blahblahting
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 00:02:41

I buy parts for several reasons:

[*]Generally cheaper [*]More customizing possible (i.e. colors, inserts, etc) [*]I think modding is fun

11. AwonW
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 00:03:58

I hate modding, but I still almost always buy parts because it's way cheaper.

12. Kari
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 00:15:31

I believe that if you want to spin a pen, it should be made by you. Nuff said. :p ~KTSpinner~

13. Van
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 00:55:07

if u wish to sell, sell them by parts, then put up some where that if requested, u'll mod them for them. (just charge a couple extra) i would buy them pre made, cuz im afraid I'll mess up or something.

14. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 01:08:51

Pre-made mods [B]Pros[/B]: It's made for you. [B]Cons[/B]: Can't customize as much. Costs more. Parts [B]Pros[/B]: Cheaper and more customizing. [B]Cons[/B]: Risk damaging parts=waste of money and you're left with an unfinished mod (unless you got spare parts :/). More work depend on the method/steps in creating mod. I buy them in parts WITH spares. I suck at modding so yeah...... :(

15. MUSIIX
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 01:52:58

I like modding better. The experience of modding is way more fun. Plus, it's cheaper. Although, if the pre-modded one is almost the same price of the parts, like, 1-5 dollars difference, I'd buy the mod cuz I dunt wanna screw up.

16. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 01:52:58

I'm going to go with making my own stuff. -spare parts -modding is my thing ;) I will only buy something pre-made if it is rare, there is some kind of collection value to it, it is very cheap, or it is a bitch kicking my ass to make.

17. Kiiro
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 02:21:12

For me it really depends on the mod if it is really easy like the rsvp mx ill buy the parts but if it involves a lot of cutting ill buy premade to be honest, i only spin mods that are easy to make i spin my personal mx the most

18. GigaByte
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 02:59:46

blahblahting wrote: I buy parts for several reasons:
      [*]Generally cheaper [*]More customizing possible (i.e. colors, inserts, etc) [*]I think modding is fun
    agreed , and we can gain some modding experience ^^

19. Six6Six
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 05:13:02

Usually I would rather mod myself but there is nothing wrong with being horrid at modding lol so either or for me

20. Mufoofee
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 05:59:44

Buying the parts separately. It is fun and less expensive. :)

21. Kari
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 07:19:46

I can't say much to that since I have only modded three pens ever: r-stic, nx mmt, and kt/ct/ac/m&m I'm the best at the kt's ;) I enjoy modding the kt's but nothing else. I own 7. 4 complete 3 in progress. ~KTSpinner~

22. J74Q
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 08:19:18

Depends on whos selling it and what mod im making. E.g. If LNT_Phat is sellin his ayatori. im obviously buying it pre-made as it has a nice gripcut. ill buy parts most of the time for customisation and modding is fucking fun.

23. Soren
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 10:27:08

i prefer buying pre made, i suck at making mods, and i dont have all the tools to make the pen

24. ChainBreak
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:16:17

I do buy some pre-made mods, but at the same time I make about the same amount of mods myself. It's just easier to spin mods I created for myself and not mods that were created for other guys. It's still interesting to spin other mods though and it gives me ideas for mods, because I feel what I miss in these mods and I can try to make a mod that fills that gap for me. So I like to buy parts and mod pens myself, but I also buy pre-made mods.

25. kspeeder
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 11:35:27

i prefer making them myself. it feels better when i'm spinning something i made myself, there's that "feel".

26. Kari
    Date: Mon, Jun 13 2011 17:20:17

Supergirl wrote: i prefer buying pre made, i suck at making mods, and i dont have all the tools to make the pen
    I just stole everything I needed from my brother and my dad. ;) ~KTSpinner~

27. RdHg
    Date: Mon, Jun 20 2011 15:06:01

Personally I do both. If theres a pre-made mod I like then I buy it, if not I go for parts.

28. papa happy
    Date: Mon, Jun 20 2011 15:58:54

i would buy a premade vic emboss mod, but i think i know how to make them now , so never mind :D

29. Cloud
    Date: Mon, Jun 20 2011 19:44:47

I usually prefer to make my own mods. I'm a bit of a perfectionist so I don't like it when other people make my mods. When I do buy mods from other people, I always end up taking it apart and redoing it.

30. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Jun 20 2011 20:19:21

I am pretty much indifferent. Its fun making your own pen that you will be spinning for so many hours, but if someone has it pre-made it saves me time.

31. Kill
    Date: Mon, Jun 20 2011 21:15:25

i like to mod myself, so i buy parts :P