UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Is Vicgotgame's method of busting actually busting?

1. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 02:51:37

When vicgotgame busts, he uses his middle finger to "push" the pen over his index. I think this is correct busting, but I can see why it wouldnt be. He is using another finger to to do Fingerless around, which could be considered cheating. However, if you take a double bust as a bust to bak rev, he would be not be cheating, as a bak and bak rev starts between 12 and makes contact with the middle finger at the beginning of the trick. What do you guys think?

2. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:15:27

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_jLMymV3jc @0:46 for the multiple busts. looks good to me

3. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:19:40

I know they look like busts. In fact, they are the most attractive of busts IMO. But, are they technically speaking busts?

4. Tetsip
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:21:41

i have no idea what you're talking about. they are busts. his middle finger doesnt do anything but lower in order to single out the index finger.... they are busts.

5. Jamal
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:23:06

lol wtf is this a joke? You do realize his middle finger isn't being used at all right? Please, get some experience with busts yourself before questioning them. Once you do them, you will understand

6. Awesome
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:23:09

I don't see the middle finger push you're talking about, unless you have another example, the ones in the video I linked are indeed busts.

7. Raos
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:32:22

i miss the quality of vics camera

8. hoiboy
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:36:03

Tetsip;104960]i have no idea what you're talking about. they are busts. his middle finger doesnt do anything but lower in order to single out the index finger.... they are busts.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Wonder;104961]lol wtf is this a joke? You do realize his middle finger isn't being used at all right? Please, get some experience with busts yourself before questioning them. Once you do them, you will understand[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=Awesome wrote: I don't see the middle finger push you're talking about, unless you have another example, the ones in the video I linked are indeed busts.
    I think he's referring to the fact that when he's busting, he jerks his hand up a little bit, thus using the base of his middle finger to "push" it around. I think it still counts as busting... he's still using that wrist movement.

9. Twine
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:38:52

That's how you bust well son. You knock the pen up with your middle finger after every bust, give it a slight aerial and move you hand foward to the front of the pen for another bust. rinse and repeat

10. daniel0731ex
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:39:39

2:45

11. OpenSpin
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:39:50

He Said in his Busting tutorial that he uses his middle finger...

Wonder wrote: lol wtf is this a joke? You do realize his middle finger isn't being used at all right? Please, get some experience with busts yourself before questioning them. Once you do them, you will understand

12. Jamal
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:40:20

hoiboy;104974]I think he's referring to the fact that when he's busting, he jerks his hand up a little bit, thus using the base of his middle finger to "push" it around. I think it still counts as busting... he's still using that wrist movement.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=OpenSpin wrote: He Said in his Busting tutorial that he uses his middle finger...
    well the thing is that he doesnt actually use the middle finger to push at all, what i mean is that he uses the middle finger to stop the speed a little bit then jerks up a bit. But the fact is that that's how busting works. As soon as he feels the pen touch his middle finger, he simply moves his hand over and moves his index finger up allowing for the pen to momentarily rise and stay in the air a bit. The only way you could do busts without having the pen touch any fingers except index is if you have a constant continuous motion of the pen around your finger which is damn near impossible

13. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:46:19

Wonder wrote: well the thing is that he doesnt actually use the middle finger to push at all, what i mean is that he uses the middle finger to stop the speed a little bit then jerks up a bit. But the fact is that that's how busting works. As soon as he feels the pen touch his middle finger, he simply moves his hand over and moves his index finger up allowing for the pen to momentarily rise and stay in the air a bit. The only way you could do busts without having the pen touch any fingers except index is if you have a constant continuous motion of the pen around your finger which is damn near impossible
    But hes going out of his way to hit the pen, and is hitting it extra.

14. MystikSun
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 03:48:58

Wonder wrote: well the thing is that he doesnt actually use the middle finger to push at all, what i mean is that he uses the middle finger to stop the speed a little bit then jerks up a bit. But the fact is that that's how busting works. As soon as he feels the pen touch his middle finger, he simply moves his hand over and moves his index finger up allowing for the pen to momentarily rise and stay in the air a bit. The only way you could do busts without having the pen touch any fingers except index is if you have a constant continuous motion of the pen around your finger which is damn near impossible
    I think the reason they're thinking that is because he specifically says that in his specific way of busting, "What the biggest key is, is it's ALL in your middle finger. You're middle finger is doing... Everything. Pretty much. And, um. What it does... is... it actually pushes the pen over your index. Over and over and over. So the middle finger is constantly pushing the pen over."

15. Rapid
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 04:14:16

so what do you mean? do you mean that th correct busting is just with the use of the pointing finger? Let me see you try that.

16. i.suk
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 04:24:39

[video=youtube;BblH9tTSm5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BblH9tTSm5A[/video] so do i use this so-called 'vicgotgame's method of busting' or not? now i have no idea :P and vic's busts look pretty normal imo, so it is 'actual busting' -.- middle finger does not push anything in the sense of the push you do when doing a normal around, lol

17. Escorpio123
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 04:25:59

He clearly says he uses his middle finger so that the pen bounces :facepalm:, It is not cheating Still, it is a bust ;).

18. Riley
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 04:27:19

@Hippo2626 gave a good explanation on this somewhere to me, I forget where though. He said it still is a bust, I forget the explanation though.

19. Bleevlee
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 05:00:25

It's possible to do busts without the middle finger; it just requires a movement of the hand slightly upwards then sideways to simulate the pushing of the pen upwards to get that little bit of aerial.

20. V-Storm
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 05:00:35

imo, the middle finger is just a guide for the pen to go around.

21. Cloud
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 05:40:04

@MickChickenn make a poll. check result.

22. neoknux_009
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 06:19:59

@Wonder it is possible to do busting with only touching index. Peem performs this very well. You can see in his videos only his index is sticking out, where vic always makes contact with middle finger for support. There is a point here, bc these are 2 different styles of bust. 1 uses middle, vic/normal style, another does not, peem style. I think both are still fingerless bc the fact that the middle finger is only used for support, and the momentum is conserved in both cases to continue the bust.

23. AoD1
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 08:21:02

Wonder wrote: lol wtf is this a joke? You do realize his middle finger isn't being used at all right?
    actually it is. vics method of busting is different then the norm

24. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 18:22:01

Rapid wrote: so what do you mean? do you mean that th correct busting is just with the use of the pointing finger? Let me see you try that.
    Before you jackass it up on this thread, watch the video "supawit busts slow." The pen is going around the very tip of his finger and barely hitting anything else. Also consider that Vic is purposley bouncing the pen over his finger.

25. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 18:24:48

poll created.

26. crinix
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 18:36:54

New kids questioning the masters nowadays jeeez. Yes they are busts. There are 2 way of busting: First one and easier one(probably) is vic's and s777's way. Pen touches the middle finger and thus it keeps in air. Second one is harder and it is how peem and i.suk do busts.

27. yeti
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 19:29:54

i thinks its fine. he is only using one finger for the double bust

28. Fail
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 19:48:52

I agree with Yeti.

29. MightAsWellGG
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 21:46:39

I think that vic's method by "pushing" the pen with his middle finger around his index would be easier that just hitting the pen with our index to create the spin that would result in a bust. But either way its still busting...

30. drgripable
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 00:37:32

Dudes, of course they are busts. The ideal busts: you move your index finger in perfect elliptical paths in the air. I don't even know if that would be physically possible.....if your middle finger did not participate in the busting, it would be virtually impossible. try just a double bust, don't let your fingers hand out, curl them into a tight fist. then try it, its almost impossible, and even if you manage to do it that way, the base of your middle finger is pushing it.

31. GigaByte
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 01:53:21

Tetsip wrote: i have no idea what you're talking about. they are busts. his middle finger doesnt do anything but lower in order to single out the index finger.... they are busts.
    agreed

32. thebloodgod
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 04:10:33

i.suk wrote: [video=youtube;BblH9tTSm5A]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BblH9tTSm5A[/video] so do i use this so-called 'vicgotgame's method of busting' or not? now i have no idea :P and vic's busts look pretty normal imo, so it is 'actual busting' -.- middle finger does not push anything in the sense of the push you do when doing a normal around, lol
    actually no,its more kinda like hand tap than wrist flick :lol: ,in vn we bust like that a lot

33. Rapid
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 04:40:46

MickChickenn wrote: Before you jackass it up on this thread, watch the video "supawit busts slow." The pen is going around the very tip of his finger and barely hitting anything else. Also consider that Vic is purposley bouncing the pen over his finger.
    How the hell will I jackass it up? I'm stating what i want YOU to do. Either way it is both busting. And you said it yourself, barely.

34. Light
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 05:54:15

wow waste thread. yeah vic's busting is legit, obviously. you're claim behind it being a cheating-bust was worthless, no offence

35. AoD1
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 08:11:53

sooooo i talked to Vic today when i hung out with him and he said he does use the middle finger to push the pen around..... the pen goes around his finger, there nuff said. end of arguement. Its a bust.

36. Soren
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 08:42:52

yes it is...

37. Rabbid
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 11:26:54

Light wrote: wow waste thread. yeah vic's busting is legit, obviously. you're claim behind it being a cheating-bust was worthless, no offence
    Agree,but my bro accidentally clicked "No" for this poll,wtf:banghead: