UPSB v4

General Discussion / Consistency?

1. OpenSpin
    Date: Wed, Jun 8 2011 04:14:25

So sometimes during they day I can do some pretty advanced tricks, and then after an hour I would suck...Is there a good way to gain consistency?

2. blahblahting
    Date: Wed, Jun 8 2011 04:28:38

if you keep doing those things, you'll naturally get better at them over time. for example, i used to barely be able to do ringaround (it was a big hit and miss guessing kinda thing, no consistency) but now i get it essentially all the time keep at it, and practice

3. Krypton
    Date: Wed, Jun 8 2011 04:33:17

Practise that trick/linkage intensely, and then take a short break. Your finger muscles should feel tired and sluggish, but after you pick up the pen again you should be able to execute it slightly better. It's just your muscle memory getting used to it. When practising, be extra careful to see what you're doing wrong, what you don't like about your style etc, so you can change it early and your muscle memory will also adapt to the new patterns.

4. Riley
    Date: Wed, Jun 8 2011 04:33:35

Push yourself on practice, but still take breaks in between. Give yourself a reward when you got it. :)

5. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jun 8 2011 04:36:07

consistency from nearly excessive practice and being in the right "mood". If you want consistency all the time you gotta put in the hours with PS, no other way.