UPSB v4

Collaboration Organization/Signups / Collab Brainstorm

1. strat1227
    Date: Tue, Jun 8 2010 19:57:55

Use this thread to share ideas/themes/concepts for collabs. This thread is meant for ppl who have good ideas but dont necessarily want to organize a collab, but they want to share the idea so that hopefully someone picks it up and makes a collab on it. This thread is pinned such that if someone wants to create a new collab and is looking for an idea, s/he can consult this thread.

2. Darealone
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 18:21:43

uh...i guess ill start.. Someone should make a "Nature" themed collab since u always see spinners in there room, they should film out in the open like in a field or something. I would organize one but my editor sucks(wmm xP).

3. spinneraddiction
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 18:54:34

i like that idea :)

4. RdHg
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 19:13:11

A jewelery/accessory collab. The spinners wear rings, bracelets, wristbands, etc. on the hand they're spinning with.

5. Darealone
    Date: Fri, Jul 16 2010 21:51:12

R u willing to make it a collab?

6. RdHg
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 01:02:39

me? no I suck at editing

7. Darealone
    Date: Sat, Jul 17 2010 01:57:31

spinneraddiction wrote: i like that idea :)
    R u willing to make it a collab? And my bad RdHg...was trying say that to spinneradiction...

8. Gland
    Date: Wed, Aug 18 2010 15:24:39

I was wondering if there is collab using 2 or multiple cameras on everyone's combo, and with different angle too, like I did in [B]Spinable Team 1st CV.[/B] I think it will be.. awesome? any opinion??

9. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Sep 27 2010 01:07:45

Perhaps all the themes stated above could be added to the TOPS project?

10. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 3 2010 00:25:36

Nude collab. Everyone is nude. Maybe even people can be having sex while pen spinning.

11. Riley
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 06:09:47

No mods, only regular pens. It probably has been done before though.

12. Escorpio123
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 08:53:34

Mats wrote: Nude collab. Everyone is nude. Maybe [B]even people can be having sex while pen spinning.[/B]
    Are you serious? :facepalm: Anyways, How about a collab of spinners spinning while wearing gloves o.O, that would be cool. :D. Also, a collab where people spinning are laying down lol.

13. tacohead12
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 16:48:33

I was thinking the same thing escorpio. My friend said to use those gloves with the lights but they are too fat on the tips. But I thought just normal gloves would be pretty cool.

14. Knightpal
    Date: Mon, Feb 7 2011 17:51:16

Penspinning in class. Bring a hi-def camera to school and record in class. LOL. DOITDOIT

15. Van
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 01:10:48

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z_SYjzxhFX8 A Collab like this is a great idea A copy collab Same mod, same clothes, same combo XD

16. Mats
    Date: Fri, Feb 11 2011 01:43:12

Idea 1) People spin pens. Someone edits the pens out. Idea 2) People spin pens. Someone edits the people out. Idea 3) People spin pens. Someone edits the men out (girls only collab) Idea 4) People spin pens. Someone edits the girls out (oh wait...) Idea 5) People spin up a combo while at the same time and in view of the camera, drink something, for the whole duration of the combo.

17. Vortechs
    Date: Mon, Feb 28 2011 03:02:29

how about a collab featuring pen spinners from each main area of the us like east coast, west coast, south, deep south, mid us, hawaii. alaska might be impossible. what do you think?

18. Sam
    Date: Tue, Mar 29 2011 04:31:55

How about a collab tributing vicgotgame or another idea i though of: (may be stupid) Supersize me collab you spin a waterfall? just take off the caps and cap it onto a double capped comssa. or do the same w/ other dc mod. like make the mod humongously long, just for mcdonalds.

19. Krypton
    Date: Thu, Mar 31 2011 14:55:43

Sam wrote: How about a collab [B]tributing vicgotgame[/B] or another idea i though of: (may be stupid) Supersize me collab you spin a waterfall? just take off the caps and cap it onto a double capped comssa. or do the same w/ other dc mod. like make the mod humongously long, just for mcdonalds.
    That would be great. I had the exact same idea yesterday :)

20. Nicetricks507
    Date: Thu, Apr 7 2011 19:39:27

A collab featuring people under 1 year experience lol, for people like me

21. helstik
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 11:15:15

drunk collab

22. fang
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 11:32:00

@helstik you mean drunk when your spinning, or a spaching collab for people who are drunk :P?

23. helstik
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 12:47:26

drunk when your spinning

24. Nicetricks507
    Date: Wed, Apr 13 2011 19:03:59

Has anyone planned a possible easter collab for this year?

25. Krypton
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 10:57:01

How about a 'Black and Yellow' collab? Where only black and yellow mods are allowed, and/or wearing black and yellow clothing. Just a thought :)

26. fang
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 13:23:18

I still think the perfect collabs are without theme (exept if it is used like the TOPS collabs, those where nice) just with: -nice spinning, every spinner his own style, creatifity and stuff, one spinners use spinless, other speed etc. just for spinners who spins the way they like! -good music, nicely and going with the speed of spinning -clearly edit, without the use of difficult font, so it is easy to read! not distracting edit when the name comes up, ^with these statements you can also see if the editor and organiser are beginners or not, A theme is okai, as long the spinners can still be Creative, so the collab keeps his variation, and that is interesting to see. ---------------------------------- [Note] To people who are mad now because they feel like I am insulting them, don't worry, look @ my collabs, the edit is the worst.... ---------------------------------- Anyway, examples for these collabs are Minovate 3th, Tribute to youtube 1&2, "just a dream collab" and (even it is a promo) [thumb]aroud the world, Good editors are Gefuhl, Skyblue, Tachi, etc. But there are alot of good editors out there, but these guys are the most famous one's I think. Also a good one: [video=youtube;JO8EAuBeOB8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JO8EAuBeOB8&[/video] ----------------------------------- So in there statemens you will think:"WHAT is now a good theme in ur opinion" well, I thougt @Krypton came with a good idea, he said making a collab with Black and yellow, that is a good theme to explain, By saying the collab have to contain something black and something yellow. In this way you can making a combo with (boringly) a yellow mod with a black blackground (not that is bad, but for this theme is it cliche) But ur can do something like filming ur spinning before a yellow whall and with some edit make ur whole hand and pen black, (like Baimay did in TOPS creatifity)..... just an exemple, not that this can be used cuz it is already done.... but you (hopefully) get what I am saying. Be creative..... got any questions, feel free to ask, and reply what you think! fang,

27. Galax
    Date: Wed, Oct 5 2011 01:53:18

a nature collab looks like a good idea

28. LittleRabbit927
    Date: Mon, Feb 6 2012 07:53:24

@Vortechs I love that idea! Im from hawaii though not that good :/

29. Lito
    Date: Fri, May 25 2012 01:45:42

how about a yin yang collab. people be on teams and the yin team can only spin black mods while the yang team can only spin white mods

30. Deveroux
    Date: Tue, Jul 31 2012 23:23:52

Here's a long shot, but how bout an anti-gravity collab. Basically spinners would spin under water, which would make spinning more difficult because of the pressure on the mod as well as running the risk of possibly ruining the mod, but doing this opens so many new opportunities since spinning underwater lessens the effect of gravity on the mod thus allowing the spinner to create more elaborate/creative combos using moves that are nearly impossible to do while spinning regularly.

31. PERSIST
    Date: Thu, Feb 14 2013 05:01:02

If I'm "unnecessarily" reviving this thread, then I apologize. But anyways, here's a few ideas: Nighttime outdoors collab (film combos outdoors at nighttime) Rebellious collab (spin somewhere you're not supposed to spin, like school, a library, a musuem, the middle of a parking lot- no, just kidding, don't do that) Color-specific collabs (set one or more specific colors for legal pen mods and/or backgrounds in a collab) Favorite spinner collab (spin with a picture of your favorite spinner in th background) And this must've been done before, but a G3 collab.