UPSB v4

Serious Discussion / Does anyone else find this article ridiculously stupid?

1. jaychou
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 09:16:13

http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/912797/arbys_restaurant_in_chattanooga_refuses.html?cat=9

2. Velocity
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 09:52:59

I dont get how its stupid

3. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 13:02:15

Flash wrote: I dont get how its stupid
    ya, how come o.o

4. Bleevlee
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 15:14:37

That's unbelievably stupid.

5. jaychou
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 23:56:18

The woman seems to be making a big deal out of something that's just standard in all industries and businesses. I'm pretty certain all store policies are you can't feed hobos #1 for liability reasons #2 it doesn't set a very good example in that it'll attract more hobos.

6. XYZaki
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 00:20:43

Not to mention, if all restaurants were that lenient, we'd have con men running around the place.

7. jaychou
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 00:48:52

btw just for the record. i <3 arby's idk what the hate is around it.

8. sangara
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 01:25:28

Yeah that is pretty stupid. Nice find.

9. Awesome
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 01:41:10

yeah the article is pretty stupid, but eh we're reading it Serious discussion though?

10. Tinybizzle
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 02:15:35

its disgusting.. what happened to human compassion, helping one another.. following protocol suck my dick im choked...

11. strat1227
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 03:06:26

tinybizzle lol welcome to the world bro. Human compassion relates to individual interactions, it does NOT mean that you should just be able to walk up to any place that has something you really really need and expect them to just give it to you, that's just dumb.

12. Zombo
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 13:39:54

actually the manager was doing them a favor by not serving them unhealthy fast food :)

13. jaychou
    Date: Mon, Jun 6 2011 23:32:29

Zombo wrote: actually the manager was doing them a favor by not serving them unhealthy fast food :)
    youse be trollin zombo, this is a serious discussion :P

14. neXus
    Date: Wed, Jun 8 2011 17:31:11

Bitches be bitching. If people get a chance to complain and in the same run shed some good light on themselves most of the time they will take that opportunity. This could be completely made up in attempt to earn sympathy from readers. Ignore, move on, done.

15. Zombo
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 15:34:19

neXus wrote: Bitches be bitching. If people get a chance to complain and in the same run shed some good light on themselves most of the time they will take that opportunity. This could be completely made up in attempt to earn sympathy from readers. Ignore, move on, done.
    i doubt it was faked, they even called the manager wendy`s would sue them for false reporting otherwise.

16. neXus
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 16:34:11

I don't think Wendy's gives a shit about someone reporting on their Yahoo blog. Also "She declined to give me her name" is ringing my alarm bells.

17. Tialys
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 17:36:16

Tinybizzle;103215]its disgusting.. what happened to human compassion, helping one another.. following protocol suck my dick im choked...[/QUOTE] 1. Unfortunately, compassion and for-profit business generally do not go hand-in-hand. 2. Even if business is not involved, refusing to help someone else doesn't mean you are not compassionate. Do you stop your car to help every person who has pulled over to the side of the road? Do you give money to every homeless person you see? Sure, it would be great if kindness didn't have to be considered something special that occurs randomly, but people usually do not put strangers' needs above their own. [QUOTE=neXus;104215]Bitches be bitching. If people get a chance to complain and in the same run shed some good light on themselves most of the time they will take that opportunity. This could be completely made up in attempt to earn sympathy from readers. Ignore, move on, done.[/QUOTE] [QUOTE=neXus wrote: I don't think Wendy's gives a shit about someone reporting on their Yahoo blog. Also "She declined to give me her name" is ringing my alarm bells.
    I agree that the author is appealing to pity, but i don't think she made the story up. She has nothing to gain in terms of feeding her ego. It actually looks bad on her part because she laments the situation but didn't offer to buy the two people any food before they left. The manager didn't want to give her name to avoid becoming implicated if the author were to lodge a complaint.