UPSB v4

General Discussion / Advantages of heavy mods

1. linli07
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 10:28:07

are any advantages of heavy because all i know is that when you spin heavy mods you get too use to the heaviness and also it makes you a slower learner

2. bonkey12
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 11:24:16

high mmt

3. wings
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 12:12:31

power tricks are easy to execute

4. linli07
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 12:30:12

cause all of my mods are light and medium weight. Im somewhere almost advance level in pen spinning in just wondering should i get a heavy cuz i ve been spinning for more than a year.

5. wings
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 12:42:32

linli07 wrote: cause all of my mods are light and medium weight. Im somewhere almost advance level in pen spinning in just wondering should i get a heavy cuz i ve been spinning for more than a year.
    Advanced tricks can be learned in both heavy and light mods, well you can try spinning heavy mods but if it doesn't feel right then you switch to light mods anytime you like XD

6. mapjay
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 12:50:54

heavy mods gives you vic's arms GASPS

7. Hex
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 13:12:09

it depends on preference. For instance. My hands are too small for heavy mods. So i spin light mods. They look good on my hands. The things with heavy mods is that, it will be easier to learn harder tricks. But those tricks mean more on a lighter mod...

8. Soren
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 14:43:40

you get more momentum with heavier mods so it is easier to do power tricks, but it depends on what you prefer and what is easier for you

9. MadHatter
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 15:26:17

Yep, heavy means more momentum and more spin, but when you switch to any other kind of mod it feels weird. Heavy = More momentum, less versatility. IMO, of course.

10. Van
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 17:01:11

If youve been spinning for a year, it's your choice on what you spin If youve been spinning light/medium mods for a year, and want to transfer to heavy mods, no ones gonna stop you Depends on how "advanced" u say u are tho

11. AWtii69
    Date: Sat, Jun 4 2011 22:10:39

you get more momentum which makes it easier to carry out tricks, especially power tricks

12. Rabbid
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 03:58:25

With a heavy mod,you can learn many power tricks.

13. Awesome
    Date: Thu, Jun 9 2011 07:25:54

Heavy mods give you an edge, they make tricks a lot easier, and it makes spinning smoothly a lot easier as well, since its harder to stop something heavy, your consistency improves tons as well with one. Picking up a heavy mod gives the illusion of being a better spinner then you really are, so they are a great confidence boost as well. In high levels of spinning you want every advantage you can get normally, so heavy mods are a natural choice. problems happen when you begin to rely on their advantages for your spinning though.

14. felix1429
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 01:37:58

linli07 wrote: cause all of my mods are light and medium weight. Im somewhere almost advance level in pen spinning in just wondering should i get a heavy cuz i ve been spinning for more than a year.
    How long you've been spinning isn't the real indicator as to weather or not you should use a different pen, it's skill. But generally, for advanced spinners, heavier mods are better

15. linli07
    Date: Fri, Aug 19 2011 02:46:39

@felix1429 a year and 5 months btw my real name is also felix lol