UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / J-Vic DC

1. whizz
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 20:38:00

Requested by: @Ian. [B]Introduction[/B] Hello again, here's my tutorial for another Baaron-DC-alike mod which I call J-Vic DC ("J" means "Japanese" (I think it kinda looks like a Japanese mod) and "Vic" is used because of its construction, which is similar to Vicgotgame mod (with some exceptions)). It's relatively cheap and may use spare parts (ZT tips after ZT mod, Supertips cap which is often unused and parts of Dr. Grip grip remaining after Waterfall mod). As usual, I'll try to make it brief and short so you won't read screens of text. [B]Finished mod:[/B] [B]Stats:[/B] J-Vic DC Length: customizable (mine is 21 cm) Weight: customizable (mine is about 16 g) Style: Double-sided Writing-Mechanism: N/A Ink-Type: N/A [B]Materials list:[/B] Crayola SuperTips (old version): body [2], cap [1] Bic Round Stic: body [1] Zebra Telescopic + small rubber thing from Pilot G3 cap [B]OR[/B] Uni-ball Signo [B]OR[/B] Zebra Telescopic + Uni-ball Signo [B]OR[/B] Zebra Telescopic + Hi-Tec-C: tip [2 [B]OR[/B] 2x2] (depending on your weight scheme) Pilot Dr.Grip: 1.7 cm of grip [2] Some grip for grip cut [2] (I used Signo DX grips because they has dimples so they're easier to cut. It's 3 cm long) Tape [B]Tutorial[/B] As long as this mod is very customizable, you can use any tips or tip packages you may want: I'll describe only 1 method which I used - the method with ZT tips. For a one side of this mod you'll need these parts: They are: tape, 1 ST body, 1 grip for grip cut, 1 ZT tip, 1 small rubber thing from G3 cap, Dr.Grip grip. Cut a piece of ST bodies of the length of your liking measuring from the backside (I cut 9.4 cm) Cut pattern on your grip for grip cut and put it onto ST body. Put G3 rubber thing onto screw-thread of ZT tip and put tip into ST body (push it hard). Cut 1.7 cm of Dr.Grip grip and put it onto ST body. Use tape if you want to make stripe near cut grip. Repeat that with another set of materials. Cut a piece (.6 cm) of ST body where shown*: * - you can use Crayola SuperTips analog instead of ST cap. Now cut about 2.3 cm of BRS body, add some tape of width of .6 cm and put a piece of ST cap on the center of this BRS piece. Then stick together all 3 parts and enjoy your mod! [B]Thank you for your attention, please, comment![/B]

2. daniel0731ex
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 20:41:39

cool. How does the tips fit into the body if you use the hitec-c/signo-zt package? and typo: Customi[B]z[/B]able And in my opinion, I think mods like the Vicgotgame mod and this one are more like "customizable length" than "adjustable length"; adjustable length means that the adjustments are readily acessible and also reversible (meaning that it could be changed back easily without requiring new parts), while on the other hand the V-stic and this one cannot be reversed once the body is cut.

3. whizz
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 20:54:08

@daniel0731ex, Hi-Tec C + ZT (Hi-Tec C inside) package fits almost the same way as ZT tip (mod becomes about 1.5 mm longer), Hi-Tec C + ZT (ZT inside) package and Signo + ZT (ZT inside) package fit also well, and Signo + ZT (Signo inside) package version is too long and looks weird. I hope you've understood at least anything :lol: Thank you very much, I'm sorry for my English :lol:

4. Soren
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:10:45

so thats how you make that black stripe in the middle without using black tape, thanks mate!!! the supertips on penwish, the one with white bodies, do they have black caps? because they dont have pictures of supertips on penwish

5. Fail
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:17:50

I believe Penwish only sells SuperTip barrels.

6. Soren
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:20:03

Fail wrote: I believe Penwish only sells SuperTip barrels.
    oh no :( do you know any subs for the black caps?

7. Epic
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:23:24

great mod looks awesome :) for the grip cut do u just take scissors and cut a pattern into it?

8. Fail
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:24:12

Hmm...black SuperTip maybe? And I'm pretty sure PW SuperTips are the new kind. If you want the black strip to be a grip, use Signo broad or Gripmatic (profile's fine as well.)

9. Soren
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:25:00

wait, i dont need subs for the black caps because i could just get the supertip with a black body right? but penwish is sold out now :( so what are the subs for the black caps?

10. AWtii69
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:32:38

okay, ive bought super tips from pw, you get to choose any color cap, and its the old marker @Fail

11. Fail
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:35:49

Epic wrote: great mod looks awesome :) for the grip cut do u just take scissors and cut a pattern into it?
    Take an X-Acto knife. It's pretty hard and time consuming. Don't try it. You'll have wasted a perfectly good grip... http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=21894

12. whizz
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:46:12

@Supergirl, there's a lot of subs in Russia and I'm sure there's more all over the world, but here's a short list of well-known to me subs: No Problem..! Carioca Birello Carioca Superwashable (it's not the perfect sub, but it should work for this mod) Colour Express Unnamed subs *sigh* I'm late.

13. Fail
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 22:49:02

What's the difference between the knifes? (X-Acto and Olfa)

14. whizz
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 23:12:55

I think these companies are competitors, so there's no great difference between them. My father is an artist and he uses Olfa knives, so do I ^_^

15. GigaByte
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 00:13:52

nice mod ,

16. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 00:22:25

This is sexy, I already have a VGG body prepared. I shall make this. >=D

17. Rabbid
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 01:11:19

Its pretty:D

18. V-Storm
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 04:19:21

I like. Will maike. Thanks again for your wonderful tuts, Whizz!

19. Migi
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 11:48:36

Oh very nice , maybe i´ll mod it next time. But i´ll use Signo Tips :D

20. SuiXidaL
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 11:53:38

Now imagine these with Mesi PC2 colours ;)

21. mapjay
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 16:17:48

@whizz don't you just love how zt+signo has a perfect fit?i used that method for my personal mod too<3

22. whizz
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 17:09:57

It's too heavy though, so I don't like it very much.

23. Fx
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 17:28:16

nice mod!! and the gripcut was awesome!

24. HenryS
    Date: Fri, Aug 24 2012 14:18:09

I think if i can get the parts i will make one this mod is great

25. HenryS
    Date: Sun, Sep 16 2012 08:01:41

Is the grip cut really needed

26. Danny116
    Date: Sun, Sep 16 2012 14:11:45

@HenryS yes it will affect how the mod feels and spins