UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Blaze Ring

1. Freeman
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 16:27:29

[B]Blaze Ring[/B] The Blaze Ring is a trick first discovered by Neoknux_009. Later, both Ponkotu and Lindor created a similar version of it on their own, without knowledge of the original trick. [B]Video example:[/B] [video=youtube;ifvcoIpt8pk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ifvcoIpt8pk[/video] [B]Original trick[/B] The trick is performed with the Thumb and another finger (TX), forming a circle figure. The pen is placed vertically in the “ring” and, with hand movement, the pen rolls inside the ring, going from T to TF to X in the Normal version, and from T to X to TF in the Reverse one. Also, due to gravity force, the pen is pulled down and a Seasick is performed at the same time. So we are talking about a simultaneous trick. The slot is an unconventional one: TFTX, which refers to the space generated between the ThumbFlap the Thumb, and the Finger required to form the circle. Breakdown example (with T and 2 forming the ring): Blaze Ring TFT2 (original version) = [Finger Roll + Seasick Normal] TFT2 [B]Second version[/B] Easier to perform, the pen doesn’t spin vertically but forming an angle. This causes the Seasick movement to disappear and it becomes a Charge. Breakdown examples: Blaze Ring Normal TFT2 (second version) = [Finger Roll + Charge Normal] TFT2 Blaze Ring Reverse TFT2 (second version) = [Finger Roll + Charge Reverse] TFT2

2. Soren
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 16:58:46

its actually hard to do lol, dam you gravity!

3. Froggy
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 01:47:57

its not hard to do if your pen is not "straight".. cuz the side upwards will be pushed downward, making the other side pushed towards ur palm. (like Lindor's version) its only when your pen is almost perfectly straight, that it can slide freely in the ring making it hard. PrinceXD

4. MUSIIX
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 05:45:18

At first you'd think it's pretty easy, but actually, it's kinda hard... :( darn gravity...

5. V-Storm
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 14:10:23

Tendency to do thumbflap charge is overwhelming. It's pretty hard to get for me.

6. Bleevlee
    Date: Sat, May 28 2011 06:29:08

It's easier in the t3 thing way I guess.

7. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, Jun 5 2011 15:46:02

if you want to do my version, you have to lift your hand while you get the intially spin. then slowly come down with it. this will allow it to defy gravity slightly longer. also sometimes it might be easier not to create a perfect circle, and make it slightly ovalish. ;]

8. envisiblenbk
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 05:59:48

idk if im getting it mixed with something else but i think i can already do what ponkotu did and it took me like 2 mins to learn it when i learned it at first. Maybe i learned something else idk lol but when i tried teaching my friends they couldnt do it either :O But the ones in the first 2 clips are definitely hard but what ponkotu did can easily be done because the angle of pen causes it to not fall.

9. Fate
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 09:54:19

@Freeman: the pen must be 90 degree?

10. Karrot
    Date: Fri, Feb 17 2012 20:43:30

this is hard to do...>< gravity

11. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Sun, Feb 19 2012 16:13:29

It also looks really unappealing when it does go around.