UPSB v4

General Discussion / Finding THE mod

1. drgripable
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 01:03:01

I have been struggling to find THE mod; in other words, the mod that you like, the one that spins perfectly, the one that feels the most comfortable, etc.etc. POST: How have you found your mod?/ What mod is the one you chose/what mods other spinners chose/ etc. (relating to the thread of course)

2. Raos
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 01:09:13

waterfall and kt best mods ever and kuzu g3

3. V-Storm
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 01:41:25

my THE mods are personal mods. Spin much better than the famous mods that I know. EDIT: It depends. I'll repost.

4. Froggy
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 01:49:32

firstly you need to spin quite a few mods. know what type of mods you prefer (SC/DC) then go deeper into the weight/momentum once u got that, try going for grip choice (for wiper tricks) once u got everything set.. just mod with the same type, same weight/momentum and use the grip u preferred most adjust afterwards to suit ur liking PrinceXD

5. tacohead12
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 01:59:16

My favorite is the waterfall mod currently. I went through quite a few mods to find it but I found it :P Later I'll probably make a personal mod but basically listen to what Prince said. It's good advice if you ask me

6. Holypie
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 02:00:12

Make as many mods as you can and then sell the ones you don't want.

7. AWtii69
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 02:07:16

okay, i like stuhl mods a LOT. i know they are hard to get but its worth it. the smooth body is soo nice and theres a lot of momentum and everything. basically to figure this out just have to spin a ton of mods OFFTOPIC:

PrinceXD wrote: firstly you need to spin quite a few mods. know what type of mods you prefer (SC/DC) then go deeper into the weight/momentum once u got that, try going for grip choice (for wiper tricks) once u got everything set.. just mod with the same type, same weight/momentum and use the grip u preferred most adjust afterwards to suit ur liking PrinceXD
    youve gotta be the most helpful person EVER! really tho, im not kidding you answer every question. thanks for being here

8. Quake
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 02:08:29

well i spun alot of tacoheads mods so i got a good feel for different mods but i agree with V-Storm. my personal mods spin alot better for me.

9. JackyMacky
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 02:12:34

My personal black-bodied waterfall mod and my personal comssa.

10. MystikSun
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 02:40:50

My current THE mod is the Waterfall Mod. Before, it was the Namemory DC or the Lemon Mod. I might make a personal mod sometime in the future. I'm trying to get the perfect weight, COB, and appearance. A lot to ask for though >.>

11. Froggy
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 03:21:22

:O lol thx? :P

AWtii69;98446]okay, i like stuhl mods a LOT. i know they are hard to get but its worth it. the smooth body is soo nice and theres a lot of momentum and everything. basically to figure this out just have to spin a ton of mods OFFTOPIC: youve gotta be the most helpful person EVER! really tho, im not kidding you answer every question. thanks for being here[/QUOTE] COB and appearance is not hard to obtain. its just balancing tips + matching color scheme with grips but you'll need minimum knowledge with the weight of tips.. like ~3 HGGs = 1 Signo.. etc length is always tip of middle finger to bottom of palm.. ;) getting the perfect weight would most likely take the most of your time.. during finding your own preference as your skill affects the weight u desire, and the weight distribution as well >_< like ive been spinning for almost 3 yrs, and i find myself preferring lighter mods as i got better which made my previous personal g3 mod too heavy after a while :P PrinceXD [QUOTE=MystikSun wrote: My current THE mod is the Waterfall Mod. Before, it was the Namemory DC or the Lemon Mod. I might make a personal mod sometime in the future. I'm trying to get the perfect weight, COB, and appearance. A lot to ask for though >.>

12. browndog12
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 03:29:17

at first i spun heavy mods, (badbadbadbadbad), then i switched really quickly to light mods, and i currently have a love/love a little less relationship with the RSVP MX. but THE mod for me is definitely the Ajisai comssa. perfect weight, heavy enough to do small power links, light enough to do difficult reversals and spin changes, perfect body width, super sexy caps. also, @PrinceXD is a genius.

13. RicLu98
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 03:32:02

i'm still trying to find THE mod. i kinda like buster a lot

14. Kill
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 03:45:05

i'm still looking for my "THE mod", hopefully i get to spin more mods but at the moment i like metal sg comssa or my personal lakubo

15. Van
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 04:02:28

I started spinning mods that my fav. Spinner spun, that's how I ended up with a pink/sky-blue KT, DR.CT, and I also wanted a single sided mod so I got seven mod (which I broke :O) from another spinner I :wub:

16. TheAafg
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 04:05:21

I have not spun a lot of mods but my favourite mod (so far) is my personal rsvp :D I started spinning it because I had no choice, hated it at first but I don't even know when I started to love it. I perhaps will have another favourite mod if I spin more mods but for now, personal rsvp it is :)

17. poisoned
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 04:43:56

I've made many mods over time in search for [B]the[/B] mod, and it took a while. For me, I find the rsvp mx to be "the mod" because I never grew tired of spinning it, its always a fun spin. With other heavier pens, after a while, they start to always feel the same and become boring. I've spun a waterfall for a long time, along with many other pens similar, but after a while they all seem bland, were as the rsvp mx does not.

18. browndog12
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 04:48:47

you sir, just completely and perfectly explained my love for the RSVP MX. and for that, i thank you.

19. Mage In Black
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 06:50:41

You don't find THE mod. You create it.

20. AKS
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 08:08:53

AKS "Finding THE mod" Make self mod: NO Buy Buster CYL: Bad Comssa: Bad RSVP MX: Best So, my "THE mod" is RSVP MX.

21. Sc00t
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 08:51:22

kt

22. Twine
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 09:32:54

Personal signo based comssa. I really recommend everyone try it. It's amazing! and it's really cheap (like $10 for a really good one) Comssa with Signo tips. signo grip on cap and convering most of tip + like 3.5cm dr grip grip on top.

23. Krypton
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 10:35:28

@Twine is it the one with the Cartoon Comssa body? Regular Metal Comssa, nothing special but I love the feel of the body. And s777 MX, getting used to the weight.

24. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 12:00:55

PrinceXD;98434]firstly you need to spin quite a few mods. know what type of mods you prefer (SC/DC) then go deeper into the weight/momentum once u got that, try going for grip choice (for wiper tricks) once u got everything set.. just mod with the same type, same weight/momentum and use the grip u preferred most adjust afterwards to suit ur liking PrinceXD[/QUOTE] Pretty much sums it up! I think it becomes abundantly clear after awhile whether you spin a DC or an SC better and after you've figured that out, and you spin a DC for awhile, it'll be clear what weight/momentum/body type you're that's perfect for you and it goes on to the smaller details after that like Grip type, body type, body length, weight division, etc. [QUOTE=Mage In Black wrote: You don't find THE mod. You create it.
    This is so true and seen so many times from so many spinners. (Vic, S777, Pyralux, Peem, SEVEN, MIB, BaiMai, Baaron, Minwoo) Not saying that everyone's perfect mod should be created by themselves (Eriror, Kin, Supawit, Snow) but most of the time it's hard to find an already mad e mod that's perfect for you. They may not be all that creatively new, or only slightly different from other spinner's mod but, it still becomes your perfect mod.

25. Nashi
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 12:51:46

Oh well, a pretty interesting topic. I tried some mods, mostly strange self mods and a buster, but the buster was so heavy, even with light tips, so i needed a new mod and created my latest self mod. And i must say, i am really happy with it. My problems were, that i don´t like sc-mods and didn´t had the money and the time to make some popular mod, so i used the stuff i found and made my "the mod". I hope it remains my "the mod" for a long time. ^^

26. itzDaKine
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 20:36:20

if its a DC then KT and Waterfall if SC.. my personal mod... those are my perfect mods

27. drgripable
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 22:52:07

some things came close. Dr.KT < waterfall < minovate dc REALLY REALLY close, ( iw ould chose it, but it does not have enough weight for me to learn power tricks with good speed)

28. Hastings
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 23:07:01

+1 what PrinceXD said. Sums it up really perfectly. I just can add that this process can be a very long process - everybody knows that there are so many things which influence how you like a mod (weight, surface, geometry of caps, bodies, grips, tips; arrangement; visual appeal; ...) Plus: I think THE mod is never the one you BOUGHT. A self-built one imo always ... feels better. Personally: Metallic Sunburst Signo-tipped RSVP MX without inktube or inlay (yes it must be a met. sunburst)

29. the noodler
    Date: Fri, May 27 2011 03:43:31

just throw something together with your favorite parts. eg. say u like superpirat. ok start with a superpirat. add whichever caps you want, comssa, namae, reynolds, whatever. then throw on grips and tips, and you're done! EDIT for DC mods anyways, they're mostly made like that

30. akitaka
    Date: Fri, May 27 2011 22:07:58

I am currently in love with the lemon mod. :wub: It spins great. I found it when another spinner recommended it.

31. Bleevlee
    Date: Fri, May 27 2011 23:19:42

I love you waterfall mod.

32. shoeman6
    Date: Fri, May 27 2011 23:29:34

How have you found your mod? From spinning. First hand experience, collaborating, experimenting. What mod is the one you chose. Personal DC mod. What mods other spinners chose A lot of DC, if you spin long enough you tend to settle with a few mods you prefer or enjoy spinning. At first it may be hard to settle, because your spinning might actually get worse before getting better, but if you stick with a mod you like or can identify what you want in a mod and build it, you can make it yours :].

33. sangara
    Date: Sat, May 28 2011 01:12:05

Or you're like me and you drift from mod to mod. I think I may be the most inconsistent pen, pen spinner.

34. Soren
    Date: Sat, May 28 2011 16:51:23

i guess you just got to spin lots of mods to see which one feels right

35. Kiiro
    Date: Sat, May 28 2011 17:10:37

ive only gone through bictories, subbed rsvp mx's, a comssa, and a cheat comssa so far i like my rsvp mx with signo tip and rsvp rt grip and my comssa with airfit grips

36. Kcom2002
    Date: Tue, May 31 2011 12:23:08

Buster cyl Nuff said.

37. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 16:56:15

Found it :3 [video=youtube;mrE-HIzp1Ic]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mrE-HIzp1Ic[/video]

38. Kiiro
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 22:26:13

@drgripable What is it?

39. drgripable
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 23:08:00

@Kiiro , personal mod :)

40. Fail
    Date: Fri, Jun 10 2011 23:55:16

Stats? And Materials? (kinda want to know how its made.)

41. drgripable
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 00:28:12

Ummmm same weight as KT, length, .75ish cm longer than KT, spinning feel? twice as good as KT imo @Fail

42. Fail
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 00:31:29

Spinning space? and body? SuperTip? ArtColor? Miffy? @drgripable

43. drgripable
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 00:38:19

spinning space is almost 2 cm more than KT, super pirat. look. just request a tut.

44. Fail
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 00:51:02

@drgripable Tut Pl0x. Lol.

45. Bleevlee
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 01:41:07

Remember that everybody's personal "The" mod is different, so you probably will not find that drgripable's mod is the best to you in your journey through pen spinning.

46. Soren
    Date: Sat, Jun 18 2011 08:51:54

yeah im struggling to find THE mod, my grip aviaire variation is good, but harder to do stuff like hai tuas and spreads i guess The mod comes through your own experimentation of modding, because that's what most famous pen spinners use, their own personal mods

47. Breezy
    Date: Sun, Jun 19 2011 16:19:12

Whatever u want is the mod

48. Explosion101
    Date: Mon, Jun 27 2011 21:50:21

"The" mods are most of the time personal mods, all because they were made for you and by you.

49. Sky
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 05:45:47

I started with rsvp mx then switched to the awesome waterfall :hah:

50. Screeoo
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 23:53:03

IN MY PERSONAL OPINION I LOVEEEEE THE WATERFALL COMSSA....BUT THE PEN DEPENDS ON UR PERSONAL PREFFERANCE, SOME PEOPLE LIKE LIGHT MODS, SOME HEAVY... PICK A MOD THAT FITS THE WAY U SPIN......FOR EXAMPLE A LIGHT MOD 4 SPEED...HEAVY MOD 4 GOING SLOW AND SMOOTH....BUT LIKE I SAID WATERFALL IS A GREAT MOD....ALL AROUND I WOULD GIVE IT A 9.9 OUT OF 10.

51. Awesome
    Date: Sat, Jul 2 2011 23:59:35

you just pick up a pen one day and something just clicks and its a wonderful magical feeling and you know you and that pen are meant to be together <3 Really its more like you pick up a heavy pen and think, damn I am good. So you just always use it to feel good about yourself, even if it is hurting your development as a spinner. Its always good to have some options imo.

52. blahblahting
    Date: Sun, Jul 3 2011 00:45:06

no "the" mod yet, but i mostly spin my copy of the baaron dc, hoiboy playcolor mod, and metal comssa People say people's favorite mods tend to be personal mods. mine are too, theyre just other people's personal mods that i happen to like ;D