UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hello!

1. theianography
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 21:48:26

Hello! My name is Ian (as you could probably tell from my username). I have heard of this forum from some of my Rubik's Cube buddies (I'm a cuber), and thought that penspinning was interesting. I hope to learn more about penspinning from this and to make more friends.

2. Danny116
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 22:30:09

Welcome to UPSB! I used to cube a lot too O: i stopped when my awesome cube broke, my fastest time was 37 seconds....didn't fee like spending the money on another cube :/ you gotta pen mod yet? something basic like an RSVP MX or a BICtory

3. theianography
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 22:32:30

Actually no, I decided to make an account today as some of my friends have really enjoyed penspinning and I wanted to get in on the fun. Any suggestions though for a newbie like me?

4. Danny116
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 22:41:21

Do any of your friends know any pen spinning tricks? i'd first get an actually pen mod, there is a wiki where you can find an abundant amount of mods to try, but i'd start off with either one of the mods i mentioned b4. Youtube is full of tutorials for tricks, start off with learning the fundamentals, thumbaround, sonic, charge etc. the forum also has threads on these tricks too. pretty similar to cubing i guess, learn a set skill, develope the touch, and get better? Have fun!

5. 24653483361
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 23:10:22

Yay for the speedsolving forums. I actually just got into pen spinning recently because of cubers too.

6. Minlaotion
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 00:49:34

Welcom to UPSB Ian!!!!

7. MUSIIX
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 02:30:28

:welcome: to UPSB! Actually, I think you should start learning with something like a balanced pencil. Then, when you're half way done with the first half of fundamentals, you can try getting a begginer mod like BICtory or an RSVP MX. But it really depends on you. For me, I got something called a pen'z gear, it's like pen for spinning, but not technically a mod. So, anyway, hope you enjoy UPSB and especially, pen spinning in general!