UPSB v4

Off-topic / Little Tokyo, Los Angeles

1. WretchedRapture
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 07:34:13

Is it worth a visit? Is there good shops for electronics, Japanese films, etc? And of coarse, most importantly, is there any stationary shops that sell foreign pens? Ohhh and food....Yumm. How was it for those of you that have been?

2. tacohead12
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 15:10:28

Well there is definitely good food XP I don't really know about pens because I haven't been there since before I have started spinning. I'm pretty sure there are stores for all those Japanese things but it could be pricey. It's fun to go with friends :P

3. NoRice4U
    Date: Tue, May 24 2011 23:47:05

Yeah there's some pretty good food stores and the homeless people that stare at you when you walk by.

4. nateiskewl
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 00:39:12

NoRice4U wrote: Yeah there's some pretty good food stores and the homeless people that stare at you when you walk by.
    Well that's a plus.

5. XYZaki
    Date: Wed, May 25 2011 00:57:51

Eh. Food is pretty good. The Kinokuniya there only really has Hyper Jells and lakubos and vinyl tape in various colors. The plus is that since it's not a really busy place, there aren't very many weaboos. Oh and the Marukai there has Peach Mitsuya Cider. But last time I had to drink it while I walked through skid row.

6. esp
    Date: Sat, May 28 2011 00:25:49

Zaki forgot to mention various colors of Signo DX and red and blue old HGRs

7. XYZaki
    Date: Sat, May 28 2011 02:02:18

esp wrote: Zaki forgot to mention various colors of Signo DX and red and blue old HGRs
    Last time I checked (which was a while ago, I guess), you could get Signo DXs at Walmart and Office Depot no problem. And you can find old HGRs at the UPS store.

8. MonsterPandasEatTofu
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 03:26:59

I just went to Little Tokyo in LA on saturday I live in LA, and I go shopping in the Little Tokyo plaza all the time they have a lot of good food, my personal favorite is the "Frying Fish", "Mitsuru Cafe", and "Daikokuya Ramen" <--best ramen in LA (get there early... trust me >.<) Definitely worth visiting ^.^

9. MonsterPandasEatTofu
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 03:33:05

about the stationary shops... there is a place called "TOKYO LIVING" that have some pens There are a lot of small shops scattered all around the place so the best thing to do is enjoy your day walking around Little Tokyo I recommend going 1st street, that's were they have most of the stationary shops

10. DeKo
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 03:54:34

lol where is little tokyo O.,O I have no idea even i'm close to LA

11. MonsterPandasEatTofu
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 04:04:16

Little Tokyo is in the Civic Center it's were you get of the 101-N freeway into exit 2C right into Spring st. hope this helps ^.^

12. JackyMacky
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 04:12:27

XYZaki wrote: Eh. Food is pretty good. The Kinokuniya there only really has Hyper Jells and lakubos and vinyl tape in various colors. The plus is that since it's not a really busy place, there aren't very many weaboos. Oh and the Marukai there has Peach Mitsuya Cider. But last time I had to drink it while I walked through skid row.
    Wow! What a coincidence. I need vinyl tape for my Somsak mod. :D

13. DeKo
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 04:19:29

thanks XD I'm an immigrator from Taiwan HAHA

14. MonsterPandasEatTofu
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 17:13:22

DeKo wrote: thanks XD I'm an immigrator from Taiwan HAHA
    no problem ^.^

15. Nachoaddict
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 17:21:40

There's a Tokyo living here in Irvine too. It's not "that" great but they got stuff like rikota highlighters and fake lakubos and stuff.