UPSB v4

General Discussion / 【Stage penspinning】— SPA Series Introduction

1. HuangHuaDa
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 14:54:53

Writing:HuangHuaDa Translator:丨L丶in丨 Because my English is not good,Therefore 丨L丶in丨Help me translate Thank you very much. "【】" is I patched. SPA stands for "Stage Penspinning A". ("A" is just a code indicating that SPA is the basic type of Stage Penspinning) Before I introduce you guys into SPA, maybe you have heard something about "live spinning" before, but let me first talk to you about my thought on the concept on SP. 1. The concept of SP. SP does not require traditional cameras or webcams, and it combines with music and actions to present a brand-new branch of stage performance 2. The requirements of SP. First of all, the success rate. Only few drops should be allowed. I don't think much explanation is needed here. Second, the spinning space. Greater movements (like yoyo ones) can incredibly improve the spinning effects and impression. Third, the variety/fancy tricks. The tricks that take a lot of space to perform are "fancy tricks", these tricks can effectively bring your show to a climax. Combining various cool-looking tricks can create shocking effects on audience too. There should be one or more climax in the performance. Forth, the clothing. No much explanation. 3. The direction of SP development. SP can be performed on galas, SP competitions, talent shows, TV shows, CD tutorials, and such. 【Stage penspinning is let Penspinning Job creation Must learn Subject】 OK, let's get down do the actual introduction! SPA mainly uses only pens in performances. (SPB might combine pens with some other materials or techniques.) Now I am going to introduce some rules/must-do's of SPA to you. 1. No matter where SP will go (SPA, SPB, SPC, or even SPZ...), SPA is always fundamental to learn first. Also, you have to give up video spinning before you go into SPA, or you can hardly achieve the goals in SP. Giving up video spinning might be a pain, but without this step, you can never get used to the serious SP life. 2. The success rate is always the first thing a SPA spinner needs to train for【learning trick,Please consider trick the success rate】 3. As long as a pen is on your hand, you have to know what to do next, no matter which finger slot the pen is in. There should be no blind slots (i.e. you always have some tricks for every possible position of pen in hand). 4. You have to learn how to "save" the pen without letting any audience noticing it except for actual psers. The number of times of dropping pens should always be controlled at a minimum. Always focusing on your pens and your hands is necessary, or the whole performance can fail easily. 5. You should realize that you are performing to un-trained audience, not professional psers. 6. Actions should match the music to a great extent, not always though. Performance and presentation is more important than music, so don't force it too much. How to learn SPA then? Let me tell you. 1. The success rate of any live FS should be as high as possible. The way to train this is to repeatedly do a same combo or same linkages, while constantly practising the finger slots that you are not that familiar with.【Even if the rotation in the wrong place,You can also rotate go to the right place】 2. Once you have some combos that you can pop them up confidently, start to learn some tricks with large spinning space required (ex. tricks that combine with other body parts). Punkan might not be enough based on my experience on stages, but yoyo combos that combines some dancing elements can be a good example. These tricks can enhance the visual effects on stage. Of course you can create some with your own. 3. After you have a high success rate and some shocking tricks, you need to learn how to organize a performance. Take music as an example, there are two ways you can choose a right BGM: first, you can choose your BGM based on your combos; second, match your linkages in combos with the music. The climax should go in the middle or last part of the performance. There can be more than one climax in the whole show, but there has to be at least one. 4. After you have a good performance plan set up, you need to learn how to "save" the pens from dropping it onto the ground. First, you should know how pens are usually dropped (ex. in which finger slots or when doing what tricks or with which hand). When I first go into SPA, I often clap my hands together with pen between them, its actually my method of saving pen from dropping. Audience can seldom notice this because they will think that you do that in purpose. 5. The last thing you need is courage. If you don't have enough courage to go onto the stage or you get nervous on the stage, then you will usually fail the whole thing. The way to develop courage is to go to some public space (ex. squares or parks) and stand there and show off your SPA. After you are never affected by the people and audience around you, you are well prepared. Here is I wrote... SPA video:http://chunwan.lzgd.com.cn/video.asp?ID=858 youtube:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hdKPA0Hf7MQ YoYo 3A video:http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XMjU0OTEwNTYw.html YoYo have 1A,2A,3A,4A,5A Series,that video is 3A Series. My Stage penspinning The concept of,from yoyo and chinese yoer Luo Yichen... yoyo is a great sport,It gave me Stage penspinning motivation,Can not forget it. Chinese Original Address:http://www.pserhome.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=77203&extra=page%3D1 By the way,Stage penspinning not Live penspinning Live penspinning no music,no stage,Is natural,relaxation Stage penspinning have music,have stage,Is tension,exertion The two are different. Live penspinning video:http://v.lztvnet.com/video.aspx?videoID=1129

2. spinford
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 15:46:52

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6buclunEBs Me TOO!! No drops and It was really scary! There was 500 people watching me there! Also I had real people play music for me! There was no speaker it was all done by the band people! Also went on TV! Channel 36 fairchild tv http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkA8HdJTerk

3. L-in
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 20:11:29

This can totally bring penspinning onto the stage and into a new stage! Very helpful and inspiring! :XD:

4. fang
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 20:35:37

interesting, but can't a penspinner be both? I think it can. but you said it is inpossible to reach all goals in the SPA!

5. L-in
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 20:47:28

fang wrote: interesting, but can't a penspinner be both? I think it can. but you said it is inpossible to reach all goals in the SPA!
    I think he means that if you rely on video penspinning, it is very hard to increase the success rate. Also, video spinning does not train you to master tricks with large spinning space. ^_^

6. fang
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 20:56:35

L-in wrote: I think he means that if you rely on video penspinning, it is very hard to increase the success rate. Also, video spinning does not train you to master tricks with large spinning space. ^_^
    oh, like that... thanks

7. Mufoofee
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 21:02:24

I should take it to the stage on a school talent show. :hah:

8. L-in
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 12:39:42

BUMP, no cause.

9. i.suk
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 14:08:22

hmm, very interesting ideas/direction for stage pen spinning, i'd like to see how this goes although, i think (at least with PS at the moment and for next year or more), it is quite possible for a spinner to both be a good spinner on video (i.e. aimed at other spinners/"professional" audience) and at stage pen spinning (for the public audience), we can see that spinners like supawit, spinnerpeem, X, A13x and some others maybe have sufficient consistency to perform in public etc, now for the use of music and other presentation aspects to be addressed...i can also imagine how spinners like snow, pyralux have a style somewhat suited to stage pen spinning if SPA already encompasses all these things, what will SPB, SPC probably cover? also nice idea of 'clapping' to recover from drops :) hmm, maybe more specific discussion of use of body and environment/props, 2 hand/2 pen usage is possible (probably falls in the use of spinning space area, kinda)

10. Elune
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 14:17:43

Well I personally think that angle of filming is not able to show the beauty of our spinning ... That angle should be avoided >.<

11. HuangHuaDa
    Date: Mon, May 30 2011 16:22:53

i.suk;100724]hmm, very interesting ideas/direction for stage pen spinning, i'd like to see how this goes although, i think (at least with PS at the moment and for next year or more), it is quite possible for a spinner to both be a good spinner on video (i.e. aimed at other spinners/"professional" audience) and at stage pen spinning (for the public audience), we can see that spinners like supawit, spinnerpeem, X, A13x and some others maybe have sufficient consistency to perform in public etc, now for the use of music and other presentation aspects to be addressed...i can also imagine how spinners like snow, pyralux have a style somewhat suited to stage pen spinning if SPA already encompasses all these things, what will SPB, SPC probably cover? also nice idea of 'clapping' to recover from drops :) hmm, maybe more specific discussion of use of body and environment/props, 2 hand/2 pen usage is possible (probably falls in the use of spinning space area, kinda)[/QUOTE] SPA Including all of the Penspinning video(But does not include Bonkura) SPB All Big move and props must be Link Use of hand Launch Big move is foul SPA Use of Props Also is foul. SPA and SPB is Contradictory. SPC=SPA+SPB. [QUOTE=Elune wrote: Well I personally think that angle of filming is not able to show the beauty of our spinning ... That angle should be avoided >.<
    【TV SPA】http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xupz3inn7go&feature=feedu