UPSB v4

Off-topic / Hidden gem movies?

1. daniel0731ex
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 04:56:08

What movies have you watched that was not-at-all that successful, but is suprisingly good? I just recently watched Brother Bear and finds it really good for a Disney movie...and not bad at all in terms of movies in general. I mean, yes it's a bit kiddy, watered-down for younger audiances, but if you disregard some of the inheritent flaws, it's really an outstanding piece in this category. And to be honest, it did dealt me some emotional punch in some parts (call me naive or whatever you like, but just so that you know, I did watch a resaonable number of movies in the past before) I discussed with a friend of mine about "hidden gems", and he suggested this John Cassavetes film called "Gloria" made in 1980. He says that (quote"e) although it appears to be an absurd attempt of a gangster movie, it's actually an allegory of the fall of humanity and the story of the Christian salvation. Though apparently people then was not competent enough to recognize the symbolism, and the film became so obscure that you can't even find a digital copy now.(quote"e) What movies have you guys watched that is much better than it was regarded?

2. Rarity
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 05:31:33

Pay it Forward. The idea is so amazing. Not to mention the kid too.

3. Jazz
    Date: Mon, May 23 2011 08:16:49

Constantine. Idea was flawless.