UPSB v4

General Discussion / Spinnercast - A Pen Spinning Podcast

1. Archermitch
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 21:13:19

Would you guys be interested in having a pen spinning podcast? I was thinking I could organize a small audio show that discusses pen spinning and the pen spinning community. The show would most likely look something like this: 1) News - Board announcements - World Tournament, World Cup - Events/Plans of important teams 2) Discussion - Combo of the week - each person picks his favorite combo of the week and discusses it - Collab of the week - Topic of the week - we each choose a topic on upsb to discuss on the show - What have we (the speakers on the show) been up to? New mods, combos, relays, gatherings? 3) Community - User questions, feedback, suggestions, etc. - Mod reviews At any point during the show we could get a guest speaker to come on the show. For example, we could a team leader to discuss a news story involving his team, or somebody to review another users new mod. We would most likely experiment with the podcast for a while before figuring out how it'll all work out. (how long the show is, how often to record, etc) The podcast will most likely be very short. So what do you guys think? Give me your thoughts, suggestions, feedback, questions, ideas, etc. Also, if you're interested in being on the show you can just tell me. As of right now, I have not decided to do the show with anyone in particular, so I guess the podcast is now "hiring."

2. davidguy
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 21:14:53

i feel like this is will die within a month .__.

3. Archermitch
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 21:17:49

Well, it may turn out to be a monthly podcast for all I know. We shall see.

4. XYZaki
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 21:23:02

davidguy wrote: i feel like this is will die within a month .__.
    It will.

5. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 21:44:25

why not do video like TEK or strat?

6. Archermitch
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 21:57:42

Strat does a video? :O I liked the idea of audio more because it was easier to have multiple people work together without having to live close.

7. cyshing
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 09:25:22

video works better... and even better with subtitles. lol Just need a person to be the video host or v-jay. The rest just send him information through online. Any interaction like talking for call interview, can use skype and the sound will be recorded in the video too. Just like TV's phone call.

8. mintypaladin
    Date: Wed, Jul 7 2010 04:13:09

a podcast was done by tek/royal69 on youtube for awhile.. yes its an interesting idea..maybe it mite actually catch on