UPSB v4

Approved Tutorials / Air-Blanc ComSSa MP Mod (ABCMP Mod)

1. Froggy
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 03:41:15

[spoiler="Read Me"]This mod uses the idea from Nachoaddict's MP Mod, but using a ComSSa barrel instead of a CT barrel. If you have a CT barrel instead, please check his tutorial at: http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=975 Requested by: @the noodler The mod shown below and used in the tutorial making process will be for sale. Please contact me or visit my trading thread if you're interested in purchasing it.[/spoiler] =========================== [B]Stats:[/B] =========================== ABCMP Mod ([B]A[/B]ir-[B]B[/B]lanc [B]C[/B]omSSa [B]M[/B]echanical [B]P[/B]encil Mod) COG: 0.5cm towards the front Length: 21cm Weight: ~14g Style: Single-Sided Writing-Mechanism: Mechanical Pencil Ink-Type: n/a Estimated-Cost: ~$13 (if you purchase everything new from PenWish) =========================== [B]Materials List:[/B] =========================== [B]1x ComSSa[/B] - Barrel [B]1x Air-Blanc[/B] - Tip - Barrel - Mechanism - Ink-Tube [B]1x RSVP[/B] - Cap [B]1x HGG[/B] - Tip [B]1x Dr.Grip[/B] - Grip [B]1x Signo Broad[/B] - Grip [B]1x Random Ink-Tube (I'm using G2)[/B] =========================== [B]Tools List:[/B] =========================== Vinyl Tape Teflon Tape Tube Cutter (or anything used to cut barrels) X-Acto Knife Paper/Insert =========================== [B]Tutorial:[/B] =========================== [spoiler="Video Tutorial"][video=youtube;9yYmFDraNoI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYmFDraNoI[/video] [/spoiler] [spoiler="Text Tutorial Part 1"]1) Remove the backplug of the ComSSa barrel and empty the inktube out. Clip off the first tip section of the ComSSa barrel tip area. Add a thin layer of tape around the rest of the tip sections. 2) Cut the Air-Blanc front gripping area from the 2nd ridge counting from the back of the pen. Remove the whole mechanism from the rest of the barrel. Add tape around the cutted barrel. [tip]Notice that I separated the taping into two sections (black and white). The black part will be inserted into the ComSSa barrel, and the white part (1.9cm) is where the gripping will occur.[/tip] 3) Extend the inktube with another inktube (I'm using G2). The completed mechanism should be roughly 17.6cm. [tip] The way I did it is by cutting the Air-Blanc inktube into half, then extended it with the G2 inktube.[/tip] 4) Wrap a thin layer of paper/insert around the mechanism. The paper/insert should be 1.9cm width. 5) Add Signo Broad grip (0.5cm) on top of the paper/insert 6) Add Dr.Grip grip (1.5cm - including the lip) on top of the paper/insert after the Signo Broad grip. [tip]Notice the lip of the Dr.Grip grip is further than the paper/insert. This is intentional as it looks better IMO.[/tip] 7) Place the completed front part into the ComSSa barrel. [tip]It is a good time right now to check if the mechanism works or not. Observe both the lead coming out and the clicking sound.[/tip] [/spoiler]

2. Froggy
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 03:43:32

[spoiler=Text Tutorial Part 2]8) Further extend the inktube by 1.8cm. [B]Note: [/B]Because I'm using a G2 inktube, which is pretty thick, I added a small amount of tape on the Air-Blanc inktube to make sure it fits pretty tight. 9) Apply a narrow piece of tape just underneath the extension. The tape should be as thick as the inktube used as extension. 10) Add (quite a lot of) tape covering the connection and the narrow piece of tape. 11) Apply teflon tape on the "excess" extension and twist a HGG tip on. [B]Note: [/B]If you used a thin inktube for extension instead of inktubes as thick as G2, use clear tape instead 12) Remove the clip of the RSVP cap and add tape around it. 13) Add the cap onto the mod, ensuring the tape on the RSVP cap is covering the revealed inktube. [/spoiler] =========================== [B]Q&A:[/B] =========================== [B]1. Is the cap loose?[/B] Although I wouldnt say its 100% secure, but I've been doing infinities with it and it havent shattered yet. The amount of tape u use to wrap the "back-extended" inktube should be thick enough to secure the cap.. and vinyl tape sucks to plastic.. its best if theres a bit of "clouding" effect on the cap.. but not too much that it destroys the look of the mod [B]2. Do Airblancs come in other lead sizes? Like 0.5, 0.7, etc?[/B] I honestly dont know.. =P I got my air-blanc when I did my Saizen G3 mod.. which uses the grip only afterwards it was left in my modding case for a long time... You will need to search for that, or simply ask PenWish =P [B]3. Could a G3 cap be used?[/B] Should be possible, but you will need to adjust the amount of tape. I just used a RSVP cap because nacho used it in his MP mod PrinceXD

3. the noodler
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 03:49:02

lol "typing this now as you read this"

4. Froggy
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 04:52:25

@Spartan The lead never broke before.. But I rarely spin this mod and I always spin over carpet.. I could do a durability test later.. but definitely not now Also, should never put TOO MANY leads into a mod since it affects spinning PrinceXD

5. Jazz
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 10:13:52

I would like to make this, but the tips are hazardous for health XD Just kidding, nice mod :D

6. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 10:36:56

Still can't get over your camera :whut: :nerdgasm: Your posts are always so clean :D A++

7. V-Storm
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 01:15:45

Thanks for the tut! Really appreciate it. I have a couple questions though. 1. Is the cap loose? 2. Do Airblancs come in other lead sizes? Like 0.5, 0.7, etc? 3. Could a G3 cap be used?

8. Froggy
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 01:36:37

@V-Storm 1. Is the cap loose? Although I wouldnt say its 100% secure, but I've been doing infinities with it and it havent shattered yet. The amount of tape u use to wrap the "back-extended" inktube should be thick enough to secure the cap.. and vinyl tape sucks to plastic.. its best if theres a bit of "clouding" effect on the cap.. but not too much that it destroys the look of the mod 2. Do Airblancs come in other lead sizes? Like 0.5, 0.7, etc? I honestly dont know.. =P I got my air-blanc when I did my Saizen G3 mod.. which uses the grip only afterwards it was left in my modding case for a long time... You will need to search for that, or simply ask PenWish =P 3. Could a G3 cap be used? Should be possible, but you will need to adjust the amount of tape. I just used a RSVP cap because nacho used it in his MP mod PrinceXD

V-Storm wrote: Thanks for the tut! Really appreciate it. I have a couple questions though. 1. Is the cap loose? 2. Do Airblancs come in other lead sizes? Like 0.5, 0.7, etc? 3. Could a G3 cap be used?

9. J74Q
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 03:13:57

great tutorial!!! The thing i like is the close up pics that is HD. most people's closeup is so blurry

10. AWtii69
    Date: Fri, May 27 2011 03:53:10

sweeeet, nuf said. but really i like it a lot, the only thing is it looks pretty hard to make

11. iLLuSi0N
    Date: Wed, Oct 31 2012 04:59:02

ehh... how much are u selling these for, if u still sell them?

12. Tommy
    Date: Wed, Apr 3 2013 09:36:43

great looking mod