UPSB v4

Tutorials Pending Approval / Saizen RSVP Mod

1. Jacob8185
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 04:14:56

Saizen RSVP Mod =========================== Stats: Saizen RSVP Mod COG: COP Length: 20 cm Weight: 20 g Style: Single Sided, Non-Retractable Writing-Mechanism: N/A Ink-Type: N/A Estimated-Cost: ~$12.82 on Penwish =========================== =========================== Materials List: 2x RSVP 1x Signo Broad 1x Hybrid Gel Grip (HGG) 1x Pen'z Gear 1x Hybrid Gel Roller (HGR) =========================== Here is an original tutorial from Ponkotu's blog: http://annkou2.blog105.fc2.com/blog-entry-708.html =========================== Tutorial: =========================== [SPOILER="Tutorial"] Gather your materials Disassemble all the pens, and keep these parts: HGG tip, 2 RSVP bodies, 2 RSVP grips, 1 RSVP cap, Signo Broad cap, Signo tip, Penz Gear Rings, HGR grip, and Signo Broad grip 1. Cut the first RSVP body (cut it at the circular grooves). To do this, take the grip off the RSVP 2. Cut the first RSVP grip to the point where it can fit on the cut RSVP tip. Then screw on the HGG tip like how you would make a MX. 3. Put the cut RSVP tip, along with the HGG tip and the cut RSVP grip into the RSVP cap. 4. Take three Pen'z Gear rings and put it into the RSVP cap, after the cut RSVP grip 5. Cut the Signo Broad cap to 4 cm. 6. Put some tape over the second RSVP body's tip until you can put the Signo tip firmly on top of the RSVP "tip" 7. Cut the Hybrid Gel Roller grip to 1.2 cm, and put it over the RSVP grip. 8. Cut around 4 cm of the Signo Broad grip, and place it over the remaining RSVP grip shown, after the HGR grip. (Sorry if I worded this incorrectly) 9. Put an insert if wanted, and stick the cut Signo Broad cap over the two seen grips (3 in reality), like this: 10. Stick the cap and the body together, and you are done. Congratulations, you just made a Saizen RSVP Mod. And an insert of your choice into the RSVP body (Dimensions: 9.98 x 3.81 cm) and spin! :) [/SPOILER] =========================== First of all, all photos and tutorial goes to Ponkotu, and his blog. I couldn't upload my own pictures, because I don't have any good camera... sorry :( And sorry that there's not a Q&A... I couldn't think of any questions. If you have any, then post them down below or send me a PM and I will try to get back to you as soon as I can. :) This mod is an okay mod... great momentum (too much for me), but rather heavy. To me, the length is good as well, yet you probably won't (at least I didn't) find yourself doing power tricks with this mod... power tricks aren't best suited for this mod. Thanks for reading, and I hope you will all enjoy this mod and tutorial!

2. V-Storm
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 04:27:12

Eh. The other version looks better, imo. Thanks for posting this though!

3. Jacob8185
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 04:30:26

V-Storm wrote: Eh. The other version looks better, imo. Thanks for posting this though!
    Which other version? The G3 version? Cause I can post a tutorial on that, too, if you want.

4. V-Storm
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 04:33:38

Jacob8185 wrote: Which other version? The G3 version? Cause I can post a tutorial on that, too, if you want.
    Oh no, I'm talking about the one in Baaron's post here: http://www.upsb.info/forum/index.php?showtopic=23598 Except with a Signo broad cap and the cap covering the signo lip, as I see most people do. Basically the same, but...

5. Soren
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 08:11:33

is this easy to do wiper tricks? because as far as i can tell, there are no grips to hold

6. Froggy
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 11:04:30

@Supergirl having no grips does not mean its impossible to do wiper tricks.. it just takes time to get used to but the cap 'can' be quite loose if its not modded correctly, as its just a thin HGR grip + insert in cap holding it in place. PrinceXD

Supergirl wrote: is this easy to do wiper tricks? because as far as i can tell, there are no grips to hold

7. AWtii69
    Date: Fri, May 27 2011 03:50:04

imo, all of saizens mods are too heavy. but thanks for posting this, ive been curious

8. Froggy
    Date: Sat, Jun 25 2011 16:51:55

[video=youtube;n_Smi0MRo1I]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_Smi0MRo1I[/video] PrinceXD

9. Zowie
    Date: Sat, Jul 23 2011 00:07:56

I've done a Hybrid between Baarons' version and ponkotus' version and the cap fits perfectly and the mod is very smart to spin with. The cap doesn't fall off, it's a little bit heavyv but nice. :)

10. ItsNick
    Date: Sat, Mar 24 2012 19:55:33

how to secure the cap on plug?

11. Froggy
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 09:14:57

There is no official method yet. The method I used is by cutting a grip to 0.5cm Place it in cap and attach to barrel like MX Frog~

iNickk wrote: how to secure the cap on plug?

12. PERSIST
    Date: Sun, Oct 21 2012 06:46:27

Jacob8185 wrote: Which other version? The G3 version? Cause I can post a tutorial on that, too, if you want.
    Actually I'd like you to make a tutorial on the G3 version. The only one I came across (in English) is back in v3, and it confused me. Btw, sorry for such a late request, as in over a year late. You don't have to make a tutorial if you don't want to.