UPSB v4

Pen Modifications / SEVEN G3 Mod Review

1. RicLu98
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 01:39:58

My review for those who want to know how it spins.[video=youtube;wRxU2yZByQA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRxU2yZByQA&feature=channel_video_title[/video]

2. Froggy
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 02:04:32

@RicLu98 0) you like it.. explain why? 1) you keep saying good length but u dont explain why. saying its 20cm = good length is very subjective - and the mod is too long for ur fingers (middle finger to end of palm) 2) why compare a g3 mod to lakubo mod? 3) dont guess.. do your research before you do a review, it makes ur review more.. forgot the word -3-|| 4) general japanese g3 mods with 3 tips and 1 tip at the back would weigh 14g.. not a surprising fact really.. 5) it doesnt have a grip in the middle to support spin tricks.. so why is it good? - "and stuff like that"... stuff like what? 6) dont compare two mods thats totally different. thats like comparing apples with oranges note: 7) not that u "cant" do a grip cut, is that people dont prefer to.. 8) why "super pro" people wont like this mod? coco_a and scissors spin seven g3 too.. and is seven not considered super pro? 9) you're missing quite a lot of "points".. weight distribution? value for money? cog? You need to assume that people watching your review knows nothing. eg: If I know penspinning well enough, why would I need to watch your review? PrinceXD p.s. and I did listen/watch the whole vid ;)

3. Rabbid
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 02:36:44

It has a nice weight,it is as light as a mx,so its smooth to be spun.It's just my opinion.

4. AWtii69
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 02:46:44

@Rabbid its not as light as an mx...

5. Rabbid
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 02:48:38

Owh sorry my wrong,but its naise:O

6. RicLu98
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 03:42:24

PrinceXD wrote: @RicLu98 0) you like it.. explain why? 1) you keep saying good length but u dont explain why. saying its 20cm = good length is very subjective - and the mod is too long for ur fingers (middle finger to end of palm) 2) why compare a g3 mod to lakubo mod? 3) dont guess.. do your research before you do a review, it makes ur review more.. forgot the word -3-|| 4) general japanese g3 mods with 3 tips and 1 tip at the back would weigh 14g.. not a surprising fact really.. 5) it doesnt have a grip in the middle to support spin tricks.. so why is it good? - "and stuff like that"... stuff like what? 6) dont compare two mods thats totally different. thats like comparing apples with oranges note: 7) not that u "cant" do a grip cut, is that people dont prefer to.. 8) why "super pro" people wont like this mod? coco_a and scissors spin seven g3 too.. and is seven not considered super pro? 9) you're missing quite a lot of "points".. weight distribution? value for money? cog? You need to assume that people watching your review knows nothing. eg: If I know penspinning well enough, why would I need to watch your review? PrinceXD p.s. and I did listen/watch the whole vid ;)
    Thanks so much that's gonna help me a lot in my future reviews :D i think i'm gonna remake this review. btw at that time it was my only g3 mod so i decided to compare it to a ayatori. but somebody that doesn't own a g3 mod would be suprised that a mod with 3 tips in the front and 1 tip in the back only ways 14g.

7. jet
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 03:57:48

*suprised*

8. Van
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 04:07:58

so are u saying that ur "super pro" only when the spinner does power tricks? i think u have to know about and spin better before u make a review about a mod

9. lagbeast
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 04:31:43

good idea, but this isnt very detailed or well thought out. I would like to know more about how it spins, do you think its worth the price/time to make it, how does it spin compared to similar pens around its weight and etc. thumbs up to you for reviewing it though, because i really wanted to know about this mod before i purchase, it's just not detailed enough.

10. Soren
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 10:01:11

you should breakdown your review review the pens in different sub headings, such as weight, length, pros, cons, cost, customizability etc this makes it much more easier to understand and learn the pen, right now its kind of a mumble jumble, its kind of all over the place use the headings from this thread http://forum.upsb.info/showthread.php?t=5566 and more, if you can think of them, its more straightforward and people can follow

11. Froggy
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 16:36:37

@RicLu98 definitely better than the first one, however i will still point out errors / missing questions for ur improvement. 1) you're still missing 1 keypoint.. the main one.. why is it all hyped? 2) Seven is JEB, JEB doesnt do a lot of power tricks (more towards style). Not everyone in this world is a power-tricker, so u dont have to specifically go into details about power tricking with this mod. 3) i also got a seven g3, i wanna know a bit more about weight distribution 4) how does it spin COMPARED to other common g3 mods (coulomb, dami, key3, sister_r.. etc) 5) why should I get seven g3 and not other g3 mods? 6) you're still saying words like "i think.." "i believe.."...... this sounds like u're not certain about something / u didnt do ur homework.. u need to be certain of things so people know u know what u're talking about 7) i think u shouldnt do it in one recording.. look at TEK's ps weekly.. he cuts here and there to make it look professional.. you should follow this method too.. lowers the pressure on you too 8) listen to it before u upload it.. feels like the flow is kinda missing there.. you dont clearly define what u will talk about next (or what u were talking about) 9) a combo in the end would end it nicely instead of "thats it.. bye ^_^" if you want a solid professional review, try being more picky with ur quality of review (both the spoken part and the video quality part) PrinceXD

12. RicLu98
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 23:01:12

PrinceXD wrote: @RicLu98 definitely better than the first one, however i will still point out errors / missing questions for ur improvement. 1) you're still missing 1 keypoint.. the main one.. why is it all hyped? 2) Seven is JEB, JEB doesnt do a lot of power tricks (more towards style). Not everyone in this world is a power-tricker, so u dont have to specifically go into details about power tricking with this mod. 3) i also got a seven g3, i wanna know a bit more about weight distribution 4) how does it spin COMPARED to other common g3 mods (coulomb, dami, key3, sister_r.. etc) 5) why should I get seven g3 and not other g3 mods? 6) you're still saying words like "i think.." "i believe.."...... this sounds like u're not certain about something / u didnt do ur homework.. u need to be certain of things so people know u know what u're talking about 7) i think u shouldnt do it in one recording.. look at TEK's ps weekly.. he cuts here and there to make it look professional.. you should follow this method too.. lowers the pressure on you too 8) listen to it before u upload it.. feels like the flow is kinda missing there.. you dont clearly define what u will talk about next (or what u were talking about) 9) a combo in the end would end it nicely instead of "thats it.. bye ^_^" if you want a solid professional review, try being more picky with ur quality of review (both the spoken part and the video quality part) PrinceXD
    wow thanks for giving me so much more advice. i don't feel like remaking this review again but i'll keep this stuff in mind for future reviews.

13. J74Q
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 00:13:20

the only thing is people want it to be 4~6 mins. try to keep it there. i know its hard lol...

14. Advecticity
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 00:35:06

PrinceXD wrote: @RicLu98 7) i think u shouldnt do it in one recording.. look at TEK's ps weekly.. he cuts here and there to make it look professional.. you should follow this method too.. lowers the pressure on you too
    Emphasis on this. This is what I don't like about videos such as this, it is always filled with hesitations, "errrs", "maybes", etc. Not that you're too bad at it though, but my opinion is that a video should be concise and efficient. That's why you should also consider text reviews, especially if your review is mainly about the characteristics (weight/length/etc) of the mod. Anyway, did you ever get told that when writing essays, you try to avoid colorless words such as "to be/to have", and always be very specific? Same principle here. You shouldn't say something like "it's good" until the very end, if at all. You just give details about the properties of the mod, and let the audience decide. All you need to say is that the mod "does this" and "doesn't do that". Think of when you mentioned the symmetry of the mod, how the length of the cap is the same as that of the grip. That's perfect. Also, go watch some other reviews, and you'll notice this: they all just say "oh yeah it's good it's good you should buy it". Nothing very interesting. So what you want to do here is to take it to the next level. What's the most missing in your review (and reviews in general) is an analysis of what you can do with the mod. Again, don't just say stuff like not good for power tricks. Too vague, too obvious, you're not really giving any information by saying that. Talk about how this mod would suit certain spinning styles. Talk about what tricks that are harder to do. Bakfall perhaps? But when you do so, be clear on why the mod doesn't suit that trick. The lack of grip can make it easy to slide away when doing around tricks, perhaps? So yeah, bottom line : be specific, specific, specific. You want people to learn stuff from your review, not stuff that they can just figure out by looking at the pen.

15. RicLu98
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 01:02:40

Advecticity wrote: Emphasis on this. This is what I don't like about videos such as this, it is always filled with hesitations, "errrs", "maybes", etc. Not that you're too bad at it though, but my opinion is that a video should be concise and efficient. That's why you should also consider text reviews, especially if your review is mainly about the characteristics (weight/length/etc) of the mod. Anyway, did you ever get told that when writing essays, you try to avoid colorless words such as "to be/to have", and always be very specific? Same principle here. You shouldn't say something like "it's good" until the very end, if at all. You just give details about the properties of the mod, and let the audience decide. All you need to say is that the mod "does this" and "doesn't do that". Think of when you mentioned the symmetry of the mod, how the length of the cap is the same as that of the grip. That's perfect. Also, go watch some other reviews, and you'll notice this: they all just say "oh yeah it's good it's good you should buy it". Nothing very interesting. So what you want to do here is to take it to the next level. What's the most missing in your review (and reviews in general) is an analysis of what you can do with the mod. Again, don't just say stuff like not good for power tricks. Too vague, too obvious, you're not really giving any information by saying that. Talk about how this mod would suit certain spinning styles. Talk about what tricks that are harder to do. Bakfall perhaps? But when you do so, be clear on why the mod doesn't suit that trick. The lack of grip can make it easy to slide away when doing around tricks, perhaps? So yeah, bottom line : be specific, specific, specific. You want people to learn stuff from your review, not stuff that they can just figure out by looking at the pen.
    thank you for giving me SO much advice :D

16. Van
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 01:25:18

Advecticity wrote: 2) Seven is JEB, JEB doesnt do a lot of power tricks (more towards style). Not everyone in this world is a power-tricker, so u dont have to specifically go into details about power tricking with this mod.
    ^^ this