UPSB v4

Board Comments / Deleting messages

1. Lindor
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 11:26:57

Hi, i wonder if it could be possible to add a button that allow a spinner to delete is own message if nobody posted after it. This allows to update a thread without having to make a double-post by copying the old post, deleting it, remaking a new post with the old one and the update. Also, i got often the same problem on the board : when i enter a thread, messages are written without any border. I mean, the name of the spinner, its description, its sign, etc, are on the top and on the bottom of the message, without any border to separate it from the rest of the message. It becomes quite hard to read a message.

2. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 11:41:32

i dont understand what you mean about updating, since you can always edit your old post... there is no need to copy the post to make a new post your problem about borders, im really not sure, the poster information appears at the left, not on top or bottom. I disabled any kind of mode that would change this so I dont know how you get this

3. Radek
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 11:57:41

I guess he meant to mark the topic as unread for other members.

4. Lindor
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 13:07:10

"Group Administrators Join Date Jun 2010 Gender Location Longueuil, Quebec Posts 131 Country Re: Deleting messages i dont understand what you mean about updating, since you can always edit your old post... there is no need to copy the post to make a new post your problem about borders, im really not sure, the poster information appears at the left, not on top or bottom. I disabled any kind of mode that would change this so I dont know how you get this" This is exactly how your message appear to me. Without any border. (but with the flag too). If a thread is the 35th thread on the thread list, and if i want to post a message and if i want comments about my message, i have to update the thread in order to put it on the first position on the page (jut after post-its). But if the last message on the old thread is from me and if i edit my last message, the thread will stay at the 35th position and no one will ever notice that i edited my message. You see my point ?

5. Zombo
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 14:25:11

it sounds like you have CSS problems. the formatting is all in the CSS so if the CSS is not loading you won't see pages properly. if you dont see pages properly either as a user or a guest, then its the CSS. you need to upgrade or change browser. i tried to find a delete post when its last post option but it doesnt exist, so if you have an important edit u can double-post.

6. Lindor
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 14:45:48

Ok, i will just double post if needed. I'll try to see if i have the same problem as guest. What i found strange is that it is not like that everyday. It was not like that yesterday, but i had this problem before... EDIT : Ok, same problem as guest.