UPSB v4

Advanced Tricks / Power Tricks and Busts

1. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 18:49:25

Kay, so I've been around for about two weeks now, and I've heard these things called power tricks and busts. What are they? From what I've gathered, power tricks are related to, if not being fingerless tricks, and as for busts, I've got no idea what they are (other than the wiki entry, which I don't find very clear)

2. Kiyo
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 19:17:14

Fl0wingfire wrote: Kay, so I've been around for about two weeks now, and I've heard these things called power tricks and busts. What are they? From what I've gathered, power tricks are related to, if not being fingerless tricks, and as for busts, I've got no idea what they are (other than the wiki entry, which I don't find very clear)
    Most of them are in that combo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cI833WKj-B8&feature=channel_video_title in that one 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVeAioy7IOE&feature=channel_video_title They are basically a mix of fingerless tricks mixed together with a kind of WOW! effect. They are known as very hard tricks, but actually they aren't that hard to do with practice ;) So, if someone is asking for power tricks, always refer to Spinnerpeem (The inventor of those combos I guess), Supawit or Nz from THPSC

3. ohzers
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 19:19:55

Well according to what i'm reading, your still new to penspinning so your dont have to really worry about it, unless im wrong about you being new. Busts are really just continuous bak revs( Backaround Reverses) or fingerless index arounds

4. KTrinh93
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 19:25:52

Stay away from learning the power tricks until you're around a year into spinning. That's my general hint of advice for newer spinners.

5. Van
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 22:52:27

Dont even worry about it

6. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 00:38:22

Thanks, Kiyo, I see what they are now OMG KTRINH WAS HERE!! Alright, but just wondering, is there a specific reason why I should stay away from them?

7. Riley
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 00:41:28

Powertricks, usually for the average spinner, will require a heavy mod. Heavy mods tire out your hand/fingers, makes you have no style, unable to spin lights mods, only concentrate on power tricks etc. Do whatever you want though.

8. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 04:22:35

Riley wrote: Powertricks, usually for the average spinner, will require a heavy mod. Heavy mods tire out your hand/fingers, makes you have no style, unable to spin lights mods, only concentrate on power tricks etc. Do whatever you want though.
    O_O...dang, so doing power tricks/using heavy mods will permanently impair your pen spinning?

9. BboyEnGee
    Date: Sun, May 22 2011 16:40:08

i think so, i started spinning with a buster, A BUSTER MAN, DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG IT TOOK FOR ME TO GET USED TO PENS UNDER WEIGHT COMPARED TO IT? i took me about 3 months >.>

10. MUSIIX
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 06:49:04

Well, practice really does it all. I say you should learn and master fundamentals first, that way you can better understand power tricks and busts. :)

11. Velocity
    Date: Thu, May 26 2011 07:54:43

Busts are basically how many times the pen will go around your finger fingerlessly most people bust in the index finger, basically any trick that finishes at the index finger can be "extended" with a bust such as Twisted sonic Bust, Demon Sonic Bust, Extended Thumbaround bust, Shadow still 12 bust etc

12. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 20:53:44

Power tricks, in my definition are tricks that require more than just finger movement in order to do with any fluency, in other words, requires wrist movement. Tricks in the Power trick category are: Busts Hai Tua Pun New Inverse Shadow cont. ayatori trick bakriserfall backaround cont. cont. FL TA cont. FL TA palmspin etc.etc.

13. Van
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 21:20:46

@drgripable Inverse shadow cont??? Cont Bak?????? Bakriserfall???????? No. Just No And especially inverse shadow cont; ur definition of power trick is something that uses wrist motion? Inverse shadow cont doesn't require wrist motion <_< watch seven or someone do it correctly then is bakriser a power trick? TF flap charge? Figure 8?? No I don't think ur definition is accurate at all (I would like to say Ayatori trick isn't either but weh)

14. drgripable
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 21:28:35

@Van , TFlap charge is not repeatable. i guess iforgot to add that, also, figure 8/ infinity takes almost no wrist movement for me idk

15. Van
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 21:36:50

okay, but in general power trick IMO are; Busts FL TAs FL TA~Palmspin Parn new(?)(is that wat its called) Haitua Punkan Spreads (Ayatori Trick) And it's variations I'm pretty sure that's most of the power tricks, although I mightve missed some Well my definition isn't that accurate either; my definition is: Wat ever Thai spinners decides to spam

16. Awesome
    Date: Wed, Jun 1 2011 21:45:57

busts are cont fingerless arounds power tricks are hard fingerless tricks they were a big fad when peem won WT 2 years ago, since his style is based around them. don't worry about them too much.

17. wings
    Date: Thu, Jun 2 2011 11:12:16

Those tricks are just around tricks, aerials and fingerless and it is fun to do lol. You need an average level of spinning to do those tricks, since you are just a beginner I have one advice for you: "stay away from buster cyl".

18. keymantz
    Date: Thu, Jun 2 2011 12:23:43

train power tricks after you had trained many advanced tricks

19. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Thu, Jun 2 2011 23:45:37

Won't it be kinda hard to do them with a light mod tho? Oh wait, I'll probably make a heavier mod by then...

20. Van
    Date: Thu, Jun 2 2011 23:52:46

@Fl0wingfire No...it's possible to do power tricks with light pens >.> s777 had crazy busts and stiff with a rushon mod and his MX

21. n3wby
    Date: Fri, Jun 3 2011 00:15:22

i tried doing hai tuas with an uncapped bic... and failed most of the time...lol i know vicgotgame made a vid of doing power tricks with a bic i use a bictory, too, however, i added flexgrip tips for lots of momentum

22. Wobster
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 04:41:00

I have a 50% success rate when I'm trying to do hai tua with a pencil. :/

23. i.suk
    Date: Tue, Jun 14 2011 05:08:27

Wobster wrote: I have a 50% success rate when I'm trying to do hai tua with a pencil. :/
    i hope you do realise that is very good =__="

24. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Thu, Jun 16 2011 03:47:54

Wobster wrote: I have a 50% success rate when I'm trying to do hai tua with a pencil. :/
    That's not just amazing, that's INSANE!!! O_O

25. Greenman
    Date: Tue, Jun 21 2011 12:37:20

definetly learn power tricks later on when you have been psing 8-12 months

26. Spin4fun
    Date: Tue, Jun 21 2011 13:12:52

greenman11 wrote: definetly learn power tricks later on when you have been psing 8-12 months
    not necessary, you can learn single bust earlier, quite easy to master.

27. Greenman
    Date: Tue, Jun 21 2011 21:15:22

yea true but i was thinking multiple busts, haitua palmspin, spreads etc. but ur right too