UPSB v4

Off-topic / SOTW #46 i.suk

1. Jazz
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 09:30:46

Hello UPSB, most of you would know me as i.suk but my real name is Alwin So. I turned 18 in January this year, live in Sydney, Australia and attend UNSW (University of New South Wales), which chogoling also goes to. I've been spinning since around November 2007, so 3 and a half years now; and am known mostly for my ability in power tricks/fingerless combos, but I'm also working on a range of other things at the moment. My favourite spinners are supawit, spinnerpeem, vicgotgame and snow (along with a few more xD). My greatest achievement to date in PS is probably partipating in WT11 as part of UPSB team, but I didn't do very well =__=" better luck next time eh? Aside from spinning, I enjoy swimming (used to do it competitively), reading, sleeping and playing flash games (lol). If you haven't seen my videos before, you can see them here: http://www.youtube.com/user/iSuKps Ask away ppl (its yours now, @i.suk)

2. fang
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 09:34:21

fav. food? fav. drinks? girltype?

3. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 09:41:17

fang wrote: fav. food? fav. drinks? girltype?
    peking duck, lobster and butter noodles (yay for asian food xD) water and coke, i guess asian

4. GigaByte
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 09:59:34

fav mod ? and can give a liltle tips how to be success in powertricks ?

5. crinix
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:01:04

fav. band? fav. nation? iq? fav. game? fav. anime?

6. Quai
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:01:35

Favorite mod? Why i.suk? You dont suck at all. PS3, Xbox360 or Wii? Spinnerpeem or supawit? WC12?

7. Krypton
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:15:40

Ethnicity? Why do you look like this guy? :P Favourite linkages? At what point of your penspinning career did you decide to use "heavier" mods?

8. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:16:39

@Krypton fav mod? personal buster variation, vicgotgame ST mod without cut RSVP caps :) and can give a little tips how to be success in powertricks? practice a lot, be persistent, it takes a while. also watch vids of peem, supa etc and slow-motions, pay close attention to subtle hand movements, take things one step at a time. try with different heavy mods (like buster, vgg ST, emboss with airfit tips, dr KT etc) and see what works for you fav. band? hmm, don't have any one in particular, but i spin better while listening to yiruma, hatsune miku and bleach OSTs Oo" fav. nation? Australia, and Hong Kong (but that's not really a 'nation' xD) iq? no idea, haven't had it tested, but from my results from school and other academic assessments (both school and public competitions), i suspect it would be 'good' xD fav. game? i used to play amorphous+ flash game on kongregate a lot (my favourite game changes quite often though), for 'board' games i like scrabble and chess fav. anime? bleach Favorite mod? see above ^^ Why i.suk? You dont suck at all. 1. i don't suck now, but i still have a lot to improve on/work on xD 2. when i started off, i wanted a name that would suggest that i was some noob, so that people/opponents would be surprised if i became a pro one day :D inspiration came from going bowling one night with friends from church a few months before i started spinning, my friend smashed everyone's score and name himself 'i.suk' on the score sheet lol PS3, Xbox360 or Wii? no idea, depends on personal tastes, i don't use them much haha Spinnerpeem or supawit? spinnerpeem i will forever respect as a legend for his impact on PS (invented power trick genre, won WT09, unbeatable consistency at live performance, invented buster cyl), and supawit i respect for being a 1p2h pro and being able to develop out of the 'shadow' of spinnerpeem, he is crazily good too and is the first spinner to reach semi-finals of WT twice i think...neither is 'better' than the other atm, until peem releases the material he's been hiding for past 6 months anyway~ WC12? i hope to get into UPSB team if UPSB gets into WC12 :) Ethnicity? Asian/Hong Kong, born in Australia Why do you look like this guy? i don't think i look like him =__=" lol Favourite linkages? [index pun new > indexmiddle switch spread] cont, even though i can't really do it, [fl ta ~ palmspin ~ fl ta > index spread > middle spread] cont around ~ spiderspin 0.5 and spread ~ spiderspin 0.5 linkages, pun new/inverse bak 1.5 fall variations, stuff using palm down arounds, fingers in 24 inverse sonic position (i.e. ring sticking out), spiderspin ~ palmspin variations; can't give details coz i want to use them for PSL x) i also like: [palm down] twisted sonic 23-12 > [palm vertical] pass rev 12-23-34 > thumbmiddlearound T34-23 > pass rev 23-12 > indexaround 12-12; [palm down] shadow ~> fl pinkyaround 34-T34 > [palm vertical] fingerless thumbmiddlearound T34-23 > twisted sonic rev 23-34 > [palm down] twisted sonic 34-23 ~> fingerless ringaround (lol can't remember if it's called devil's around or something xD) [palm vertical] indexaround 12-12 > inverse sonic rev 12-23 > pass rev 23-34 > powerpass 34-34 and vic's linkages for UPSB tournament At what point of your penspinning career did you decide to use "heavier" mods? around my 1 1/2 years

9. GigaByte
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:25:30

i.suk wrote: @GigaByte and can give a little tips how to be success in powertricks? practice a lot, be persistent, it takes a while. also watch vids of peem, supa etc and slow-motions, pay close attention to subtle hand movements, take things one step at a time. try with different heavy mods (like buster, vgg ST, emboss with airfit tips, dr KT etc) and see what works for you
    thx for the tips ~
    WC12? i hope to get into UPSB team if UPSB gets into WC12
    good luck ! i really want to see you in WT/WC

10. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:28:09

what would you do if you were attacked by a gigantic swarm of flying hamsters? lol how long are your mods and your hand?

11. crinix
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:30:13

and yeah this is 10th times im saying this but pleeease change your angle >.< what you can do is fucking awesome but the angle is a little bit ruining it imo. sorry for saying this again.

12. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:38:45

@crinix hmm, i don't have that many other people complaining about my angle though as far as i know, and it makes my power tricks (particularly palmspins) look better =\ also with my use of 1p2h and at the desk where i film, the angle i currently use seems to be the most practical for me, sorry...if i try another angle, i'll be sure to let you know =)

13. Alvaris
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:47:55

Why do you secretly keep hamster food? Do you like hamsters? Are you obsessed with them? Why put that question as your err status before?

14. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:51:12

@Alvaris Why do you secretly keep hamster food? in case i get attacked by a gigantic swarm of them, obviously Do you like hamsters? not particularly Are you obsessed with them? nup Why put that question as your err status before? the question was formed as a combination of random things i thought of at the time, and i wanted to see how people would respond, or to make them think when confronted by an unusual situation

15. thebloodgod
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 10:51:13

ive been waiting for this day :D _what kind of spinner are u?hardcore or just for fun _spinners in ur life??(spinners that affect ur spinning like ur idol,ur inspiration,ect) _greatest achievement in ur 1st,2nd year not ur 3rd year <_< _do u remember our battle in september??

16. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 11:06:33

@thebloodgod ive been waiting for this day :D thanks, i feel flattered :) lolol what kind of spinner are u?hardcore or just for fun hardcore i guess, i started as just for fun though...at the moment, PSL has made me practice more xD and i spin because i like to, but being a competitive person by nature and given the skills i have and want to learn, i take action to learn them, and i want to apply them against others to see my improvement etc, which makes it hardcore Oo" spinners in ur life??(spinners that affect ur spinning like ur idol,ur inspiration,ect) vicgotgame (inspired me to change my bust technique wayyy back, like may/june 2009-ish when i could only do like 12), and has given me the majority of my 'harder' linkages, taught me palmspin-hai tua via his slo-mo and other power tricks; also invented vgg ST mod which is one of my favourite mods :) i ultimately want my 1p1h right hand skills to become like, and maybe surpass his xD still learning his linkages atm, he has so many cool ones :D spinnerpeem, who started and promoted the power trick generation, invented basically every power trick other than spread, bust and fl ta :) he's a true legend, he opened a whole new aspect of PS and re-defined difficulty; the last time someone created a whole new genre of spinning and trick families was....a long, long time ago xD his consistency is beyond godlike, he can do stuff it takes me 1 hour to record on 1st try in front of hundreds of people; he's a 'genius' supawit, who gave a different 'path' to spinning developed from what spinnerpeem started, most of the linkages i didn't get from vic are from supawit; he's been the guy i want to beat/catch up to for ages (peem's just too far away xD), also growing out from the 'shadow' of spinnerpeem is pretty impressive; a lot of my 1p2h transfers are variations of supawit's snow, inspired me to train use of left hand again, also kind of a 'genius' of using 2 hands; i've started practicing left hand many times in the past, but i gave up after 1 or 2 days usually; snow's spinning is impressive enough to make me want to continue using left hand eriror, inspired me to train independence of ring finger, and i've got a few linkages based on easier variations of stuff i've seen him do; one of the gods of UPSB ever since i started, and inspiration to train left hand for 2p2h/de-sync spinning EDIT: zomg, forgot about mentioning what got me started spinning at all, JapEn 1st - that collab, and all spinners in it, inspired me to learn pen spinning seriously :) greatest achievement in ur 1st,2nd year not ur 3rd year <_< 1st year: probably IPBA rev > pinky bust x 2 (older UPSB members will remember that video xDDD hahahha), index bust x 8 and ta > fl ta x 12, my style, variety and linkages sucked though 2nd year: left hand [fl ta ~ palmspin] x 2, first in the world to record this trick with opposite hand i think; index bust x 72, hai tua x 4 and spread 123454321 3rd year: why didn't you want to know this one too? xD getting selected for UPSB WT11 team, it's been my dream to get into WT since i started spinning :P do u remember our battle in september?? yes, i'll be ready. you better be ready too :D

17. neoknux_009
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 11:30:57

what tricks are you going to use in the first round of psl? when are you comming to brisbane??E?!?!!

18. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 11:37:22

@neoknux_009 what tricks are you going to use in the first round of psl? you'll find out in approximately a week, but twisted sonic and pass rev, as well as fl ta ~ palmspin will be used at least once (but everyone already knows this) :P when are you comming to brisbane??E?!?!! hmm, not sure =\ but i'll tell you when i am

19. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 11:43:28

Are you good at breakdowns? If you are, can you revive the breakdown requests thread?

20. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 11:47:41

@eazi-penspinner Are you good at breakdowns? i'm alright at them, i guess If you are, can you revive the breakdown requests thread? too lazy to atm, i may do it after my uni exams though or if i feel very, very bored/random, sorry =\

21. Rabbid
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 12:19:26

What will you do if a dog chasing on you?xD

22. Enkronidus
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 12:23:13

What do you want to be in the future? Favourite superhero? What/Who do you hate the most? Any chances for coming to Thailand? Who is your dream girl? Favourite Pokémon? Favourite music instrument? Favourite type of weather?

23. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 12:38:09

@Enkronidus What do you want to be in the future? Doctor and cancer researcher, ultimately find cure for cancer and promote/sell it effectively and ethically (i.e. not drug companies with 100,000 to 1 profit:cost ratios) Favourite superhero? hmm, tbh i don't really have one, and as a christian, there is nothing more powerful than God, and no one who did more for humanity than Jesus...*cue arguments here from trolls What/Who do you hate the most? don't hate any one person in particular, but i do hate those who ignore the good of others/society for their own purposes, and people who criticise things they don't know enough about to be able to criticise properly Any chances for coming to Thailand? hmm, maybe at end of 2012 (lol), i go overseas every 2 or 3 years, not sure though =\ i really want to go ><" Who is your dream girl? no particular girl i know is a 'dream' girl, because perfection can't be achieved by anyone; and to truly value someone, i think one's relationship with them cannot be 'perfect' Favourite Pokémon? pikachu xD lol old pokemon ftw Favourite music instrument? piano Favourite type of weather? hmm, depends on my mood. if i'm happy, i'll like a warm sunny day, if i'm sad/reflective, i'd like a cloudy day with light rain

24. thebloodgod
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 13:03:58

why the hell are you so famous,even my community knows u <_<

25. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 13:11:39

@thebloodgod why the hell are you so famous,even my community knows u <_< clearly my skill is perceived to be of a level where i am recognised by some as being above other spinners :P WT11 participation increases fame too, and i've posted there once or twice myself, my vids have also been posted on VNPSB by other vietnamese spinners...although my level is no where near that of some of the other WT11 participants and 'god' level spinners also a conservative estimation of my power trick skill would place me in the tier below peem, supa and tony, so i'd probably be in the top 10 power trickers atm easily; being good at something generally leads to being well known x)

26. shoeman6
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 14:34:41

What does it feel like being inferior to supawit?

27. i.suk
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 14:37:17

@shoeman What does it feel like being inferior to supawit? nothing new, i've felt it for the past 3 years or so lol

28. Soren
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 15:00:04

tips on doing spreads?

29. strat1227
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 16:25:12

What are you studying in university?

30. TheAafg
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 19:42:40

i.suk :D how's life? girlfriend? how are your studies going? does pen spinning become an obstacle to your studies? y u no korean style? :( what is one thing that you have always wanted? ever gotten in a serious fight? how tall are you? why are you so cool? i like how your desk is always messy xD have you ever tried taking drugs? when was the last time you had a hangover? favourite person to talk to on upsb? -what is your deepest fear? :D did you know that you are one of my favourite spinners and I consider you one of the "Gods" of pen spinning? :happy:

31. Riley
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 22:37:36

Who did you learn your tricks from? (Who's tutorials) Are you learning Punkan/punnew? I've never seen you do either in a video. Favorite modder? You should fix your camera to make power trick tutorials, or use text. :D

32. sangara
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 22:48:36

What are your prospects for WC12?

33. Nicetricks507
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 04:57:04

Tw sonic bust record ?? And can I be next sotw xP

34. nateiskewl
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 04:58:13

You spin a stick. GOOD NIGHT.

35. Soren
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 07:38:17

is this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoeSDfbH0IY&feature=mfu_in_order&list=UL a buster with black tape in the middle?

36. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 08:10:36

thnx for the reply you can breakdown the vids whenever you want to :P Can you tell me a random trick to learn? (I'm at 5 1/2 months) How many busts could you do when you were at my exp ?

37. i.suk
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 10:27:38

@eazi-penspinner Can you tell me a random trick to learn? (I'm at 5 1/2 months) neobak > midbak (simple bak linkage, not really a trick heh) How many busts could you do when you were at my exp? two, believe it or not, it is the truth.

38. Alvaris
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 17:40:03

Is it true that power trickers usually get to learn other linkages easier than non-power trickers? Why are newbies now so pro? D:

39. thebloodgod
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 18:08:12

why do u have that weird body language<_

40. sangara
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 19:13:34

Do you believe supawit proved anything in the video he released a while ago spinning an MX?

41. i.suk
    Date: Mon, May 16 2011 23:44:33

@sangara Do you believe supawit proved anything in the video he released a while ago spinning an MX? hmm, i don't think he proved much, other than he can do simple linkages and basic power with an mx (but even spinners of a far lower level than him can do that); probably just a 'statement' to show that his ability with an mx is not entirely non-existent (he had better vids of mx spinning on his other channel, but that channel is now closed). i believe he can do way more with an mx than what he did in that video, but for some reason he did not bother recording it

42. sangara
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 01:01:57

Did you ever think you'd become as famed as you are becoming?

43. Raos
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 01:11:19

thoughts on the word Aussie? Do you guys really eat/fight/ride kangaroos? Ever wanted to live outside Australia? What do you know about Canada? Got a girl? Single sided or Double Sided mods? Cute or Pretty? Nice ass or nice tits? Curves or nice legs? Nice face or nice hair? Eso or Ktrinh or the guy thats start with f or p? Minwoo or Spinnerpeem? Peem or supawit? Kin or s777? Bonkura or s777? Eriror or bonkura (wt07)? Kam or Neptune (PMWT10)? M&M or Sweetdrop or Watercolour? Power or Style? Can I be the next SOTW? Favourite kind of music? THoughts on british empire? China? COmmunism? Adolf Hitler? Drugs? CHeesecake? Sex? Favourite sex position? Megan Fox or Kim kardashian or Rosie Huntington- Whitely? Katy Perry or Lady Gaga or Rihanna or Britney Spears? Thoughts on Me? Thoughts on this QUote: What's in a sausage? That which we call a sausage By any other sausage would taste as good.? Inheritance Cycle? Harry POtter? Lord of the Rings? Instruments? Beat boxing? Singing? What is Love to you? Thats it lolz

44. i.suk
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 02:26:20

@DrakeOhMeteor007 thoughts on the word Aussie? don't care much about it... Do you guys really eat/fight/ride kangaroos? eat, sometimes; fighting and riding them is a very dumb idea Ever wanted to live outside Australia? yeah, but probably not as a long-term thing What do you know about Canada? not much, most of it is from canada wikipedia article, i also know that baaron comes from canada Oo" Got a girl? no Single sided or Double Sided mods? double sided Cute or Pretty? not sure, both are good lol Nice ass or nice tits? ass, i guess Curves or nice legs? curves Nice face or nice hair? face, hair is easier to 'change' than face is xD Eso or Ktrinh or the guy thats start with f or p? i don't really use tutorials Minwoo or Spinnerpeem? spinnerpeem Peem or supawit? both have their advantages over the other, but spinnerpeem...you can't truly beat a 'legend' Kin or s777? s777 Bonkura or s777? bonkura Eriror or bonkura (wt07)? eriror Kam or Neptune (PMWT10)? kam M&M or Sweetdrop or Watercolour? whichever i can auction for the most Power or Style? stylish power :thumb: Can I be the next SOTW? hmm, probably not :P Favourite kind of music? just as long as it's not overly loud or trashy THoughts on british empire? it's a thing of the past, imo China? it'd be nice if there weren't that many people so oriented on money/profits over morality COmmunism? good in theory, fails in practice Adolf Hitler? it'd be better if he never existed... Drugs? your own choice CHeesecake? the spinner or the food? the food is good. Sex? still waiting for 'the right one' Favourite sex position? cannot make a valid judgment until experience is sufficient Megan Fox or Kim kardashian or Rosie Huntington- Whitely? megan fox Katy Perry or Lady Gaga or Rihanna or Britney Spears? no idea Thoughts on Me? you ask a lot of questions Thoughts on this QUote: What's in a sausage? That which we call a sausage By any other sausage would taste as good.? fail parody of shakespeare Inheritance Cycle? what is this? Harry POtter? it's alright Lord of the Rings? a bit long, but i liked it Instruments? piano? lol Beat boxing? not really Singing? i can't do it xD What is Love to you? it's when you are willing to sacrifice everything for someone, and expect no direct benefit to yourself in return (cliche lol) Thats it lolz ok

45. thebloodgod
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 04:11:10

@i.suk _can i be the next SOTW(i bet the ans is NO) _next mod ur gonna make _ur most improvement so far hope we met up in WC12 R1 :P

46. Riley
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 04:37:29

Favorite viral video? Favorite youtube channel, non PS-related?

47. i.suk
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 05:04:08

@Riley Favorite viral video? charlie the unicorn (if that counts as 'viral') Favorite youtube channel, non PS-related? zmriri (yiruma's piano videos on this channel)

48. Jazz
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 07:45:41

I bet next SOTW is Chogoling :D

49. i.suk
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 10:42:56

@Jazz I bet next SOTW is Chogoling maybe @Riley Are you learning Punkan/punnew? I've never seen you do either in a video. [video=youtube;CvInCdhxCBc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvInCdhxCBc[/video] ehehehehe -.- i'm working on it.

50. thebloodgod
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 13:03:09

_kind of power tricker u wanna be??? _when ur gonna get a webcam,which one?? _what will u do if supawit comes to tinychat again and u have a webcam _shitiest day of ur life _type of girl _last time u cry?? _ur dream(not the one u have when u sleep <_<)

51. Hippo2626
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 13:28:27

Prepare for question carnage! Will you take part in WC12 and/or WT13? Come to Singapore and teach me your pro-ness? Favorite song, colour, food, person, moderator, collab, brand, car, computer, handphone, internet browser, country, quotation, subject and pen spinning team, drink, movie, name, pastime, TV-show, picture, thing, sound, number, thing to do while passing a stone, animal, plant, UPSB user, outdoor activity, indoor activity, thing to do before bed, thing to do when you wake up, holiday, unmodded-pen, place to go to, alphabet and sport? Most hated song, colour, food, person, moderator, collab, brand, car, computer, handphone, internet browser, country, quotation, subject and pen spinning team, drink, movie, name, pastime, TV-show, picture, thing, sound, number, thing to do while passing a stone, animal, plant, UPSB user, outdoor activity, indoor activity, thing to do before bed, thing to do when you wake up, holiday, unmodded-pen, place to go to, alphabet and sport? PSing: artform, sport or hobby? Any trick you can't do? Ubisoft or EA games? Have you sliped on a banana? Baaron or Baacon? Haveyou been to zombo.com? Current trick your practicing? Do you like Singapore? Opinion on Hippos? How many collabs have you been on? Who do you think will win the WT11? Would you rather go to the zoo or the park? Are my questions annoying you? Should I spam all the other SOTW like I did with you? Are you a proud Rightey? Tag sometime? Console or Consoul? Ni Hao Mah? Are you flying now? Tut for the other mods you made? recieved my package yet? Gar or Snakehead? Spoon or fork? You have an awesome style!!!!!!!! Love how you do those FL TA's and Busts. Are you an appreciator of unique styles like me? Do you like emoticons? Do you know I have stalked you on youtube? Anti iphone? Anti facebook? Anti matter? anti abortionists? Anti ars? Have you been abducted by aliens? lalalala or lulululu? Patrick star fan? If I said that you didn't have to answer all the questions above but you did would you despise me? If Superman forgot his undies outside one day can he still fly? How hard is it to get a decent combo down? Do you have any pets? SOTW? Hobbies other than PSing? Do you want more questions? Vicgotgame? legend or not? If you had to smuggle a pen to a country to save Eriror how would you do it? Titus Ang or Hippo2626? Wanna' swap names? Will you submit something for the UPSB 3rd? Tired yet? Write me a poem please? Do you like singing? You are a sandwich, some one is about to eat you, what would you say? Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun Do you cook? Sesame street or Hi 5? gg? Do you think this thread can go pass 10 pages? Do you ant me to help you accomplish the above goal? If down was up where is north east? Is 73 the coolest number ever? Thoughts on bunnies? If you could change your style would you? Should there be a theme in the WC named Doing ridiculous things with a pen? Doooooooo yru udstd teees semtpance? Bye

52. i.suk
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 14:23:07

@Hippo2626 HOLY SHIT =__=" oh goodness...i wanted to sleep now but i have to answer these before leaving haha, or my mind will be uneasy Will you take part in WC12 and/or WT13? i'll try. Come to Singapore and teach me your pro-ness? if i go to singapore, i'll make sure i meet other spinners in singapore, and when i do, i will teach you stuff xD Favorite song, colour, food, person, moderator, collab, brand, car, computer, handphone, internet browser, country, quotation, subject and pen spinning team, drink, movie, name, pastime, TV-show, picture, thing, sound, number, thing to do while passing a stone, animal, plant, UPSB user, outdoor activity, indoor activity, thing to do before bed, thing to do when you wake up, holiday, unmodded-pen, place to go to, alphabet and sport? Kiss the Rain (piano piece by Yiruma), blue, asked before, Jesus (no one else is perfect, no one else can compare...), strat1227 i guess (i've 'talked' to him more than the other mods, i think), JapEn 1st, idk, doesn't matter as long as it doesn't drive/look crap, dell inspiron (served me without significant fail for 6 yeas now), nokia, firefox, australia, too many to name, chemistry/biology, FearLess and GrandCross Group, coke/water, not sure, my own name? lol not sure, pen spinning+sleep, anything intellectually stimulating or funny, pictures of the coast/ocean/cliffs?, life, falling rain, 1, diamond, penguin, no idea, talk/pen spin/sleep for both?, read, stretch, Hong Kong (shopping+eating+spinning)+5-day tour in Beijing in 2010-2011, lakubo and RSVP fine, bed (lazy me), X, swimming Most hated song, colour, food, person, moderator, collab, brand, car, computer, handphone, internet browser, country, quotation, subject and pen spinning team, drink, movie, name, pastime, TV-show, picture, thing, sound, number, thing to do while passing a stone, animal, plant, UPSB user, outdoor activity, indoor activity, thing to do before bed, thing to do when you wake up, holiday, unmodded-pen, place to go to, alphabet and sport? Friday (HAHAHA -.-), anything distasteful with surroundings, pickles/chinese medicine, don't have one, i don't know most mods well enough to 'hate' any, don't hate any collabs; just that they might not be of good quality, drug companies (LOL), idk, anything that lags a lot, idk, internet explorer?, no idea, if i hated it why would i bother remembering it?, english (LOL), don't have one -.-, chinese medicine, i guess scream 4 was mediocre (out of movies i've seen recently), anything that can't be spelt easily xD, waiting for slow people? (LOL does this count?), not sure, anything disgusting, selfishness (i'm a hypocrite, lol), sound of my camera's static, 2, not sure, parasites, weeds, don't have one, standing in the rain on a cold day (LOL), listening to boring lectures, drink tea/coffee/coke, getting out of bed, don't have one, anything that spins bad and writes poorly, dark alleyways, idk, rugby? (not sure) PSing: artform, sport or hobby? all of the above Any trick you can't do? anything involving extreme finger flexibility/dexterity (i.e. fire@fox WT11 R2, inverse flush sonic etc) Ubisoft or EA games? no idea Have you sliped on a banana? nearly Baaron or Baacon? Baaron Haveyou been to zombo.com? Yes Current trick your practicing? ring pun new/inv ringbak 1.5 cont Do you like Singapore? it's alright ^^ Opinion on Hippos? they're cool xD How many collabs have you been on? around 10, i think Who do you think will win the WT11? s777, i think he has heaps of spare material to use in R6, kin seems to be out of ideas... Would you rather go to the zoo or the park? park Are my questions annoying you? kinda Should I spam all the other SOTW like I did with you? yes, but you already do that Are you a proud Rightey? not entirely, i don't mind what hand i am...given i can also spin with left now, too xD Tag sometime? ok ^^ Console or Consoul? console? Ni Hao Mah? wo bu shou pu tong hua Are you flying now? i'm sitting Tut for the other mods you made? nothing of note, except for usage of pentel fountain pens for personal mod recieved my package yet? nup Gar or Snakehead? idk Spoon or fork? spork You have an awesome style!!!!!!!! Love how you do those FL TA's and Busts. thanks :) Are you an appreciator of unique styles like me? i guess i can see further than quite a few other spinners, being unusual requires a bit of bravery and innovation ^^ Do you like emoticons? in moderation Do you know I have stalked you on youtube? yes Anti iphone? Anti facebook? Anti matter? anti abortionists? Anti ars? no, no, antimatter is cool, depends, what is that? Have you been abducted by aliens? not that i know of lalalala or lulululu? lalalala... Patrick star fan? ??? If I said that you didn't have to answer all the questions above but you did would you despise me? not really If Superman forgot his undies outside one day can he still fly? yes How hard is it to get a decent combo down? decent is easy, difficult combo is harddd (especially if linkages or pun new are needed, or hai tua ~ palmspin transitions) Do you have any pets? nup, but i wouldn't mind a cat SOTW? that's me atm :P Hobbies other than PSing? reading, swimming Do you want more questions? i don't mind, just not as big a bunch Vicgotgame? legend or not? kind of and kind of not; he's done a lot of new stuff, but his impact isn't as big as some legends like spinnerpeem, bonkura, kam etc imo; still love him though :) If you had to smuggle a pen to a country to save Eriror how would you do it? yes Titus Ang or Hippo2626? Hippo2626 Wanna' swap names? i can find your name when you were SOTW? Will you submit something for the UPSB 3rd? when it happens, i will Tired yet? yes, it's 1am here Write me a poem please? i don't write poems Do you like singing? not when it's me singing xD You are a sandwich, some one is about to eat you, what would you say? look, a gigantic swarm of flying hamsters! Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun, Fun there's more to life than fun. Do you cook? sometimes Sesame street or Hi 5? sesame street gg? yup Do you think this thread can go pass 10 pages? don't think so Do you ant me to help you accomplish the above goal? no, it's skewing distribution/validity too much If down was up where is north east? i'd stop standing upside down Is 73 the coolest number ever? no Thoughts on bunnies? they're cute, but they cause land degradation If you could change your style would you? to make it more artistic/prettier, yes of course :P Should there be a theme in the WC named Doing ridiculous things with a pen? most of the combos which are WT/WC level are already ridiculous xD Doooooooo yru udstd teees semtpance? kinda

53. Soren
    Date: Tue, May 17 2011 15:58:23

How long have you been spinning for? On average, how many hours/minutes do you practise a day? Is there ever a day that goes by without you spinning? Is there a particular method that you follow to practise? What has been the hardest trick for you? How old are you? Goal in pen spinning? IQ? Favourite spinner? Favourite trick? How did you start spinning? Favourite mod? SC or DC and why? NGP or 3DS? You're asian right? What type? What languages do you speak? If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? How do you imagine your dream house and how would the surrounding of your house be like (e.g in a forest, in a coutryside, lots of trees, lots of free land (just land with grass) etc)? How is life?

54. i.suk
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 08:50:20

@Supergirl How long have you been spinning for? 3 1/2 years On average, how many hours/minutes do you practise a day? an hour on average, i think Is there ever a day that goes by without you spinning? very, very rarely Is there a particular method that you follow to practise? if one method doesn't work, use a different one. learn from others. What has been the hardest trick for you? twisted sonic bust x 2, no other one trick has had me fail continuously for a few hundred tries How old are you? 18 Goal in pen spinning? to get better and have fun, maybe one day battle spinnerpeem, supawit and other 'god' level spinners, and dream of winning WT lol (not going to happen) IQ? no idea Favourite spinner? spinnerpeem Favourite trick? ta ~ palmspin ~ fl ta How did you start spinning? saw other ppl doing thumbaround, youtube'd 'pen spinning', saw JapEn 1st, found UPSB and videos of other spinners, learnt primarily by myself Favourite mod? vgg ST mod, personal buster variation SC or DC and why? DC, but probably coz my favourite spinners spin them, which lead to me spinning DC and preferring DC now NGP or 3DS? idk You're asian right? What type? chinese/hong kong What languages do you speak? english, cantonese, a tiny tiny bit of mandarin (badly) If you had a choice to live anywhere in the world where would it be and why? there's only 2 places i think i've experienced enough of that i like to choose between - HK vs Sydney; but HK life is too stressful for a lazy person like me, so sydney is good xD (if only things were cheaper...) How do you imagine your dream house and how would the surrounding of your house be like (e.g in a forest, in a coutryside, lots of trees, lots of free land (just land with grass) etc)? hmm, not too big and with a view of the sea; not very new/revolutionary, has an 'old' appeal, i guess; a short walk down to seashore too :) How is life? too much uni stuff to do T__T otherwise good

55. Hippo2626
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 09:00:15

Apologies I forgot to delete some of those questions they were for MIB. Who do you think will win the PSL? Share some of your tech for psl?

56. Soren
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 10:33:22

What trick are you practising at the moment? What are you trying to achieve from pen spinning at the moment? Heavy, medium or light mods? Favourite SC mod? Favourite G3 mod (can be same as the answer for the question above, if it is that is)? Ever get bored of spinning? Ever get frustrated from a trick and feel like not spinning? What/who inspires you to keep on spinning? How much money have you spent on mods (approx)?

57. i.suk
    Date: Wed, May 18 2011 13:21:51

@Supergirl What trick are you practising at the moment? ring pun new cont+linking it, other linkages i will not say in detail What are you trying to achieve from pen spinning at the moment? relaxation and improving my linkages for PSL (pun new development will be continued for WC12 preparations) Heavy, medium or light mods? depends on style and trick selection, some mods are better for certain things of course. i use heavy mods (no new info here xD) Favourite SC mod? MX, it's classic; i spin with a pink one and write with it too at uni sometimes Favourite G3 mod (can be same as the answer for the question above, if it is that is)? SEVEN mod is probably the best one Ever get bored of spinning? i've gotten bored of it a few times, but WT11 and the new material there, as well as PSL and knowing how much i'll have to improve to do well in WC12 if i get in means i don't get bored now, so much stuff i want to improve in/perfect Ever get frustrated from a trick and feel like not spinning? if that happens, i'll just do something else (like spin another mod, train another trick/linkage, spam spreads/busts etc) What/who inspires you to keep on spinning? i guess it's the potential to improve and learn new things, to explore unexplored areas of PS and to integrate different aspects of spinning effectively. the level of PS in WT11 later rounds shows me i still have a very, very long way to go How much money have you spent on mods (approx)? hmm, on pens in total it's over $200 AUD/USD, but basically all the stuff i got from hong kong i can re-sell one day for a far higher price than what i bought it for x) an investment, of sorts (if i don't end up modding them/keeping the mods)

58. Soren
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 07:21:14

What do you love about pen spinning? Is there anything you hate about pen spinning?

59. Hippo2626
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 07:32:51

Should I learn power tricks? (I'm seriously considering it. I have so many ideas for power tricks but I can never practice a trick for more than 5 minutes.)

60. i.suk
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 07:48:45

@Hippo2626 Should I learn power tricks? (I'm seriously considering it. I have so many ideas for power tricks but I can never practice a trick for more than 5 minutes.) it's nice to have another trick group in your abilities (like i can do midak 1.5/2.0, pinkybak 2.0, extended baks to some extent), but i don't use them much; just that there's an option to pull something else out to surprise people xD i think if you have ideas which can extend the power trick genre, then you should work on them - without peem, power tricking has kinda stagnated imo (i have a lot of power trick ideas too, but my skill at the moment is insufficient to execute them properly, let alone use them effectively); you can also show that your creativity extends to trick families 'creative' spinners generally don't like using

61. Twine
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 08:53:11

One tip for my spinning?

62. i.suk
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 09:45:03

@Twine One tip for my spinning? stop improving so fast :P jk. hmm, your linkages are very good imo, i can't say much about improving them (coz i 'borrow' some of your material myself, hehe); but i sometimes find the position of your thumb a bit awkward (like it seems to stick out a lot at times), also the lighting of your filming area can probably be made better, and using a pen of high contrasting colour to your background, and a background over which your hand shows up more clearly makes spinning look better and complicated/subtle stuff easier to see, imo (yeah, most of the comments are on presentation -.-), your variety, difficulty and creativity are excellent; but in some of your combos the 'effectiveness' of the tricks/links you use can be made better (e.g. the starting 7 seconds or so of your UPSB tourney finals combo are 'redundant' in comparison to the far higher level of spinning shown later, and the strength of your finishers could be improved; i think sometimes they appear 'weak' after the insane links you use). good luck for WC12 and WT13, i will battle you some time ^^ you're certainly WT/WC level; i really had to be picky to find stuff to recommend (especially since effectiveness is something nearly every spinner can improve on =__=" my effectiveness is not that good either, i'd say yours is better than mine haha) edit: oh crap, you asked for one tip, i wrote a large wall of text. w/e. the presentation stuff is kinda subjective, just my opinion ofc -.-

63. SuiXidaL
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 09:50:14

Jazz wrote: I bet next SOTW is Chogoling :D
    It's going to be a combo of Australian spinners ;D

64. Twine
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 10:05:35

Thank you :3

65. i.suk
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 10:22:06

@Twine Thank you :3 no problem, i remember when you gave me advice/criticisms on UPSB V3 :P hehe

66. sangara
    Date: Thu, May 19 2011 19:34:50

If you could go back and give yourself advice when you first started spinning with the knowledge you have now what would you tell yourself?

67. Hippo2626
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 00:26:14

I'm probably gonna' go to Aussie to study in 5 years time, will you still be spinning then? Thanks for the help on the power trick thingy by the way. I think I'll start learning it after the PSL.

68. i.suk
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 05:54:06

@Hippo2626 I'm probably gonna' go to Aussie to study in 5 years time, will you still be spinning then? Thanks for the help on the power trick thingy by the way. I think I'll start learning it after the PSL. hmm, 5 years is a rather long time; tbh i think i would've stopped spinning competitively or being this active on UPSB/releasing that many videos (but i don't know if i'd have stopped entirely) =\ haha no problem :) good luck xD

69. Krypton
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 06:03:24

i.suk, I is back with moar questions :D Since you're learning Pun New at the moment, any helpful advices for the inv. shadow rev > fl MA linkage? Any simple and 'powerless' linkage you can lend me? Can we expect a 4 year solo? My hands tire when I spin too much, and my fingers sort of forget the 'formation' of the linkage I've been working on. Your opinion and tips on securing mastery of linkages quickly? Ayatori or Haitua? According to your last post, you regretted not paying attention on your style before. I hate mine, should I fix it as I'm learning? Are you proud of your ethnicity and nationality? Phobia? Nail length? (whites) Had a lot more, but I forget when I need to list them :(

70. Soren
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 14:23:31

How many mods do you have and what are they?

71. sangara
    Date: Fri, May 20 2011 20:17:54

Should I leave my mouse on free scroll or standard scroll?

72. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 00:07:46

@sangara Should I leave my mouse on free scroll or standard scroll? hmm, my mouse doesn't have free scroll, so i can't give an informed answer. i guess just try both for a short time and see which one you like more

73. Krypton
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 04:36:42

@i.suk Thank you! :) Specifically, I'm practising the 2nd linkage from Twine's Nice Linkages Series Part 1. Same principle I guess? I want my thumb to stay still, but it keeps bending on it's own, no matter how much I try not to let it. Especially prominant when I do Pass 13-34. Thanks again ^^

74. Along
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 05:12:26

which one is more important, difficulty or style ?

75. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 07:31:10

@Along which one is more important, difficulty or style ? people will hate you if you have no style and no difficulty; they will also hate you if you have difficulty and no style (and your spinning would be a pain to watch, maybe even to yourself xD); if you have style but no difficulty, and least your spinning would be nice to watch even if it has no 'real' content, and you can get fanboys by having nice style without getting too much difficulty; however, if you want to enter WT/WC etc (i.e. 'get further' in the PS world, in a way), you need to have good difficulty and good style i'd say it's easier to focus on style first (coz you start working on muscle memory etc, it's hard to correct what is wrong so it's better to focus on style first), and then learn harder tricks/linkages when your style is on a good track

76. Along
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 08:12:15

what do you mean by focusing on style? can you tell me specifically, what is a style? how to form an appealing style? thx i.suk :)

77. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 09:26:03

@Along what do you mean by focusing on style? pay attention to how your fingers look when doing certain trick and linkages, and when recording spinning from different angles; then try to change how they look (i.e. change finger positioning, how far they are stretched out, where thumb is during tricks, hand movements etc), work on tricks and links with finger positioning in mind can you tell me specifically, what is a style? primarily it's about how you do tricks/how your hand looks while doing tricks and linkages (so influenced by finger positions, hand motions etc), but style is also influenced a lot by what kind of tricks and linkages you do, and what mods you use, and what your angle and background is. generally, one aims to have a style which is visually appealing/looks good how to form an appealing style? work on aforementioned aspects and try to copy how some spinners like HAL, mesi, neetom, wanna etc do them.

78. bonkey12
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 10:08:48

lol whats up?

79. i.suk
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 11:12:34

@bonkey12 lol whats up? end of semester university exams are approaching, practicing spinning for PSL hehe

80. bonkey12
    Date: Sat, May 21 2011 11:24:15

good luck on both XD

81. astronaut
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 13:48:58

When did you start doing power tricks? If it was before one year than why didn't you have a on year solo video? When did you really get good a palmspin>FL around?

82. Soren
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 14:14:17

astronaut wrote: When did you start doing power tricks? If it was before one year than why didn't you have a on year solo video? When did you really get good a palmspin>FL around?
    i.suk as SOTW has passed, this thread is now inactive. i.suk probably won't reply unless he doesn't mind answering your question. Please don't revive old SOTW threads.

83. astronaut
    Date: Sat, Feb 11 2012 16:16:27

When did you learn power tricks? If you learned some before 1 year why didn't you make a 1 year solo? How long dig it take you between learning palmspin>FL around and doing it continuously? Who was the first pen spinner that you remember seeing when you started pen spinning? For me it was spinnerpeem then vicgotgame then bonkura. My final question is how did you find out about pen spinning?

84. chogoling
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 06:26:19

Thanks for the shoutout!

85. Mats
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 09:24:31

i.suk wrote: have you ever tried taking drugs? no, too much shifty stuff which could happen imo when was the last time you had a hangover? about a month ago
    How do you get a hangover, without taking drugs?

86. Krypton
    Date: Tue, Feb 14 2012 09:36:58

First I thought 'Hay wasn't i.suk SOTW a while ago' and then I went 'Owh'. @astronaut just ask i.suk on his profile.