UPSB v4

Off-topic / Revision/Studying Methods and Techniques

1. Wisp
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 19:19:23

Ok so I have a few exams coming up in the next couple of months and I haven't gotten around to revising, I'm scared because I know im a lazy person and I know I will fail if I don't do anything. So I need to come up with a plan, therefore I ask: How do you guys revise?

2. Rogersbored
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 20:29:35

i invite a friend over and we work together :), its hard to work by yourself, you cant have someone depending on you to focus

3. JLSpinY
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 20:59:46

What subjects do you need help with? Anyway, CGPs are pretty handy.

4. Wisp
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 21:36:40

JLSpinY wrote: What subjects do you need help with? Anyway, CGPs are pretty handy.
    Its not really the subjects, but I need to revise Science :/ It's really study techniques

5. brian685
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 22:58:19

When i study for science..i just..try and memorize it..well maybe because im still in 7th grade, science is pretty easy to remember..For me, if i can memorize them, im all good.

6. tacohead12
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 23:18:09

Lol, everything is easy in middle school :P I never studied during MS but then again I still don't study very often xD Idk what science you are taking but I'm finishing up chemistry right now, when I study I gather up all my class notes and reread them obviously and usually there will be problems that I copied down from the board. So I recopy them onto another paper and try to do them without my notes. I find that useful cuz then I can figure out which things I'm bad at. If you have alot of time I know recopying your notes helps as well If you're in some science like bio where it's just memorization I can't really help you :/

7. AwonW
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 23:24:09

I study differently for different subjects :\ Reading over your notes and then explaining the concepts aloud to yourself works pretty well for most subjects.

8. Enigmatic
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 02:28:57

I'm done with high school, I always memorized things pretty easily, one way to remember things is to read and summarize important things then reading them over and over and for formulas, memorize them by how they are read out loud and if you dont know how to solve a specific formula like in physics or chemistry, then find out soon and practice ahead of the test/exams

9. nateiskewl
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 02:30:16

Maybe I should be studying for the AP test that I have to take in twelve hours instead of reading a thread on how to study...

10. Sam
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 04:17:14

one thing I use to memorize things is to make a funny and completeley stupid connection to it. its so stupid/funny you'll never forget it! Ex. Gregarious means loud. i had a friend named greg. and he just wont shut up. raconteur means story teller. I remember this tour we had that had a tourguide that told us stories about like raccooons or something. yeah. its stupid