UPSB v4

Battlezone / Van vs Riley

1. Riley
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 05:29:19

Van [video=youtube;ixn54K8pKFk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixn54K8pKFk[/video] Riley [video=youtube;HQfPukDT0PY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HQfPukDT0PY[/video] Good luck!

2. Van
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 10:12:45

i was happy i could actually film that combo lol i thought of it during school yesterday, and like I GOTTA FILM THIS xD my other combo sucked :P

3. eazi-penspinner
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 12:23:18

Where's eriror??? @Van can we have our rematch next? :)

4. funnky
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 12:44:10

im for van for smoothness. riley was all over

5. Van
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 20:18:10

@eazi-penspinner; maybe, but sam wants to battle me too And btw the one with eriror is a completely separate battle, and idk where that is

6. drgripable
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 20:25:15

WELL LETS SEE HERE: @Riley , it REALLY could have been smoother, but i guess you sacrificed that in order to pull off the high difficulty...(plus the ayatori still isn't here T.T) anyways, TIE

7. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 21:13:54

I personally thought Van's combo was better. +1 Van @Van your combo was a little short but the smoothness and the bakfall made up for it :) good job. Try not to move your hand that much especially at the start XO Good job guys :D

8. Van
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 22:56:01

Well it's pretty hard to NOT move the hand while doing a bakriser :P @TheAafg

9. TheAafg
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 23:01:33

Van wrote: Well it's pretty hard to NOT move the hand while doing a bakriser :P
    but with enough practice it is possible to do it without moving your hand. moar practice :D

10. Raos
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 02:35:42

van was better and smoother riley work on your linkages, practise those linkages to make them smoother and you couldve done better than thet +1 for Van

11. Sam
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 02:58:01

to be honest. Van was a lot smoother, but it was basically different sonics and passes. Riley was a bit choppy. but he had left hand haitua!! midbak 1.5 x2. which is pretty difficult. Overall I think that riley had a better structure combo. He had a highlight from the start (hai tua), middle (midbaks) and a swivel>haitua (end). IMO, I think that difficult links and creativity is much more appealing than easy/intermediate linkages executed smoothly. +1 Riley

12. the noodler
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 03:13:09

Riley's difficulty was very high. Van's most difficult trick was probably his bakriser or bakfall, and rileys midbaks were better than both, plus he had a hai tua with both hands. Smoothness could be better, but that can be worked on. +1 RIley

13. Van
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 03:22:09

So u saying I have to do atleast 1 power trick even if I completely mess up the combo in order to win? @the noodler

14. Sam
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 03:58:22

@Van I mean that you should have highlights not only in the end of your combo. but also throughout your combo. make it like a building. they're stairs that build up to a level. then stairs go up to higher level. then you get to the roof (ender)

15. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 05:10:16

Van;93184]Well it's pretty hard to NOT move the hand while doing a bakriser :P[/quote] True. [QUOTE=TheAafg;93186]but with enough practice it is possible to do it without moving your hand. moar practice :D[/QUOTE] True too, even though Van's bakriser looks appealing. [QUOTE=Sam;93261]to be honest. Van was a lot smoother, but it was basically different sonics and passes. Riley was a bit choppy. [B]but he had left hand haitua!![/B] midbak 1.5 x2. which is pretty difficult. Overall I think that riley had a better structure combo. He had a [B]highlight from the start (hai tua),[/B] middle (midbaks) and a swivel>haitua (end). IMO, I think that difficult links and creativity is much more appealing than easy/intermediate linkages executed smoothly. +1 Riley[/QUOTE] Sam, The left Hand haitua wasn't executed properly actually :hmm:. I have always been a fan of Difficulty, but Riley's Control in his difficult highlights were not executed correctly: [B]Haitua[/B] in the beginning 0:03 (it crashed the table, his left hand totally with no control) End of [B]Midbak 1.5 2x[/B], The end of the 2nd midbak 1.5 had a slight slip and a little bit of control was lost, you can see by the movemente of the hand 0:13. Now [B]SWIVEL[/B] is the 3rd Highlight of his combo, was started by a noticeable pause 0:16-17. The last Highlight, even though is the same in the beginning, was executed good :rolleyes:, off-camera but with better control IMO. So, I really enjoy and admire combos that have difficulty [B]BUT[/B] I would enjoy them when they don't have pauses and mess ups ;). Difficulty is a reason why I am not voting for Van :rofl:. Let's see, Smoothness was a point through the entire combo, so that's a PLus, difficulty goes up in the bakriser and the bak ~ FL TA REV. But then, as you said, no more highlights till the end, which is a bakfall. When facing Riley, you need to go for Difficulty, otherwise, not a guaranteed win there ;). Overall, Van has smoothness and good looking combo, you have gotten better in the linkages, no more spam, :) but too short. :( Riley has Difficulty, even though, with pauses, but it contains those factors, and it has some speed :), but refilm the combo plz, that's what I do over and over again, if not, then you are not motivated. That's how @Vic stopped spinning :(. So, I hope you guys take this as an advice for you guys to get better in your linkages. And I hope I wasn't too hard on you guys, you know I care about both of you ^_^. [QUOTE=the noodler wrote: [B]Riley's difficulty was very high.[/B] Van's most difficult trick was probably his [B]bakriser or bakfall, and rileys midbaks were better than both, plus he had a hai tua[/B] with both hands. Smoothness could be better, but that can be worked on. +1 RIley

16. Riley
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 05:19:57

@Van Hopefully we can rematch soon. :D

17. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 05:20:27

@vmkblaster1 <_< :rofl: So, that's what I mean, but I know you used to do this over and over, which is why I'm saying Do it again :).

18. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 05:24:16

Riley wrote: @Van Hopefully we can rematch soon. :D
    Oh, ok, that's what I thought too, that happens to me too :lol:

19. exclusive
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 05:49:29

Escorpio123 wrote: Oh, ok, that's what I thought too, that happens to me too :lol:
    lol espically our battle postponed for many months

20. Escorpio123
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 05:56:41

exclusive wrote: lol espically our battle postponed for many months
    No, urs was different, actually vmkblaster1 was the last person I made a video for ;), I even told him that My video vs him is my last video lol, so I can focus on Studies :). So, don't cry, I'll make one for you on June, if you wish ;). And look at the bright side, now, you have more time to learn more hard tricks/linkages and make a nicer combo ^_^.

21. GigaByte
    Date: Wed, May 11 2011 09:13:14

+1 van because smooth riley is unsmooth and a liltle outcam there .. BTW , i <3 your mod ^^