UPSB v4

Member Introductions / Hey Everyone!!

1. pranavtulsian
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 03:44:55

Hello everyone, I have just joined the forums here, came across it while just browsing online and it looked really interesting. People seem nice and love the tutorials. Some background info on me, Ive been doing spinning tricks for around 2 years now, although I never really advanced, learnt the basics and just stop learning new tricks, still see myself as a bit of a noob. Tricks I have mastered: Thumb Around Charge Sonic Twisted Sonic (This being my favourite B)) Finger Pass Trying to learn atm: Sonic Rise Reverse Thumb Around Ive always just used random pens and pencils, but now I would like to increase my skill and would like to buy a modded pen, I tried reading the thread about it, but its just wayyyy to much information, also tried looking at penwish.com but have no idea whats going on. I was wondering if anyone could just tell me (give me a link preferably) an Intermediate (above noobs, but defo no pro...) pen to buy. One that is overall good for tricks, one that is good for the easy tricks but will help me with the harder ones. Also I see everywhere, that it depends on preference, but I literally have none as I use almost anything, I would just like it to not be as long as a normal pencil (few cm shorter) and thicker than the normal pencils. I live in the UK and am right handed, incase it matters for the pen... Also not sure if there is a section where you post for help in buying pens, if there is lmk and ill repost there. So hello to everyone again, looking forward to joining the community and hopefully contributing, and thanks in advance to anyone that can help.

2. Raos
    Date: Tue, May 10 2011 04:44:11

:welcome: to UPSB Some tricks to learn: twisted sonic, neo sonic, fingerless (fl) thumb aroun reverse, demons sonic and double charge just to name some. Some mods for suggestion: Waterfall, key3, seven, columb g3 or namae, namae mod, metallic commssa and g2 cte vortex. Do not get a buster cyl, any mod with kt/Kt/KT/Dr in it's names, avoid mods above 16 grams

3. pranavtulsian
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 01:55:20

Hello Drake, thanks for the welcoming. I liked ur suggestions, have started learning the demons sonic and double charge both are fun and cool looking tricks. And thanks for your suggestions about the pen mods too, I started doing some searching, I would like to understand a bit more and if possible could you please explain to me why you suggest staying away from buster cyl, and kt/Kt/KT/Dr, what do they mean?

4. Raos
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 02:13:31

pranavtulsian wrote: Hello Drake, thanks for the welcoming. I liked ur suggestions, have started learning the demons sonic and double charge both are fun and cool looking tricks. And thanks for your suggestions about the pen mods too, I started doing some searching, I would like to understand a bit more and if possible could you please explain to me why you suggest staying away from buster cyl, and kt/Kt/KT/Dr, what do they mean?
    they are heavy pens that can effect your spinning if used in beginner levels. Your fingers will get tire easily and will start to hurt sometimes. Its harder to control and can be frustrating to use to learn tricks when you are not experienced enough with pen spinning.

5. Quake
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 02:17:18

:welcome: ...DO NOT USE A BUSTER CYL.

6. MUSIIX
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 09:40:37

Hey! :welcome: to UPSB! I agree that you should'nt use Buster CYL's just yet, since it's too heavy. (Not to mention the price...) You could start using once you've learned some more advanced tricks, like Bust, Palm Spin, etc. Hope this helped! And hope you enjoy UPSB! :)

7. Zleepy
    Date: Thu, May 12 2011 13:38:38

:welcome: to UPSB! as MUSIIX has said, you shouldn't go for a buster cyl JUST YET, try going for RSVP MX, or Comssa Metallic. It's really good for starters IMO. I hope this helps! :)

8. MickChickenn
    Date: Fri, May 13 2011 04:40:09

I agree with the above mod recommendations. Stay away from heavy mods and power tricks. Have fun. About your post about how people on UPSB are nice, Im sorry to say you are wrong. there are a select few people that are not as nice. Other that that WELCOME.

9. GigaByte
    Date: Fri, May 13 2011 05:37:49

hi

10. pranavtulsian
    Date: Fri, May 13 2011 18:27:41

Thanks everyone for the welcoming and suggestions. Does anyone know where I can buy modded pens (apart from Penwish)? I live in the UK so if possible would like a UK website.

11. Fl0wingfire
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 04:16:03

Welcome, fellow new member! xD Well, there's also Jetpens, except Penwish seems to be more popular imo

12. Velocity
    Date: Sun, May 15 2011 04:25:30

Another option is to go to the UK Pen spinning site and buy stuff from their trade section (if they have one)