UPSB v4

Philosophy / Spinning by gender

1. mintypaladin
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 04:57:51

After seeing some collabs cuz i was bored, i found certain comments pertaining to how each gender spins... is there a difference on how males and females spin or do all people spin the same? :search:

2. Gr3gY
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 05:41:53

each spinner has his/her's unique style. i dont think its related to gender. its more of personal?

3. davidguy
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 05:46:01

there's not that many female spinners to begin with so it seems hard to compare

4. Milk
    Date: Wed, Jun 30 2010 05:47:33

Everybody has their own separate style, whether male or female. That being said, for some reason (not being sexist so DONT JUDGE ME) I couldn't imagine a woman doing powertricks. I imagine them having a smoother, slower style. But I'd love for someone to change that thought.

5. 000zero0000
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 05:40:49

Note: I am NOT trying to be sexist in any way. IMO. All the female spinners that I've seen tend to have a slight unique feminine style true to all of them. So yes, I do think female spinners are different in their spinning styles in general.

6. UEDan
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 11:46:35

Care to explain this "slight unique feminine style" ?

7. shoeman6
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 12:02:26

I think female spinners have sexier spinning ^_^. also, I think women might have less time to practice because they are to busy in the kitchen, rather than school, learning, doing the bill etc (like men), and not using pens/pencil. So they usually aren't as good as men. Edit: Also men are usually better at visualization and spacial things, while females tend to be better at baking etc. Take driving for instance, so many times you see girls struggling trying to grasp basic pen spinning concepts, it's just harder to process =\. Which directly relates to more drops and worse spinning.

8. Biji
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 13:07:13

shoeman6 wrote: I think female [...] are busy in the kitchen [...] baking etc.
    [B]WIN.[/B]

9. Hippo2626
    Date: Mon, Jul 5 2010 13:28:28

I would say there'll probably be a slight variation in the styles of guys and gals. Based on DNA and the genders instinct, there'll bound to be a more feminine side to the dudettes (lighter possibly smoother spinning. Not very strong). It would still be different from person to person but if say Vic were a girl (example only don;t take it so seriously), his spinning would be less hard and more graceful even with power tricks. This might possibly affect the ability of a female spinner to do some tricks. Not sure. There are also other variables to consider in this like what other things the spinner is into. If a female spinner is a dancer, the style could possibly be more graceful, a person who loves to gym, perhaps a harder stronger style. It's all a blur right now and I would say it's hard to determine because theres to little female spinners. We can however determine if other forms of art or activities a spinner takes part in would affect his spinning and if it does, the answer to the question is yes, different genders have different spinning types. Lets see some spinners to see if their styles suite the other stuff they do. (I don't know if its all true it just from what I have read and watched) Vic: Works out, into crazy gymnast stuff like backflips. His style is rather strong, hard, powerful, controlled yet smooth. The style and his activities are pretty similar. Minwoo: Break dancer. Style wise, really cool boyish, slightly powerful yet creative. Pretty similar I don't have enough data or knowledge for this topic but What I can concur is yes there is a slight fundamental difference in the spinning styles of different gendes.

10. Gr3gY
    Date: Tue, Jul 6 2010 13:00:15

how abt we add this as a new topic for the reasearchers, hippo? to keep u busy

11. Kari
    Date: Tue, Feb 1 2011 17:05:35

How about a girl's opinion? I think girls spin differently than guys. I'm the exact way you guys are saying. I'm not too good with power tricks or anything so you won't see much of that from me. I don't want to spin like some of the other girls I have seen so I learn from guys. ;) As far as being more graceful, yes, I completely agree. :) ~KTSpinner~

12. Lightningpen
    Date: Sat, Jun 11 2011 03:24:39

Personally, I spin better than any of the guys at my school (though that is relative, I'm still fairly new). But I really don't think spinning itself varies with gender, other than any physical differences such as larger hands for guys. However, I do think that modding would definitely vary. I think girls would be less likely to get into modding, since it's more of a build-it-yourself type of thing. For instance, I buy mods pre-made on penwish, while my less advanced guy friend mods on his own.

13. Reason
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 01:47:23

well... there's no denying that hand shape and size slightly differ with gender, and with that comes a change in style. obviously there are probably men with a more feminine style of spinning and women with a more manly style, but style varies with every spinner so there's really no definite boundary.

14. Yamaguchi
    Date: Sun, Oct 9 2011 02:18:37

Kari wrote: How about a girl's opinion? I think girls spin differently than guys. I'm the exact way you guys are saying. I'm not too good with power tricks or anything so you won't see much of that from me. I don't want to spin like some of the other girls I have seen so I learn from guys. ;) As far as being more graceful, yes, I completely agree. :) ~KTSpinner~
    ye this is true,, look @ my style :)

15. snoopy1218
    Date: Tue, Dec 20 2011 00:52:02

i have honestly never seen a girl spin a mod. the only girl at my school that can penspin can only do thumbaround and sonic. not much to judge ._.

16. Ceru Seiyu
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 13:59:48

Don't girls also have better flexibility naturally? This would also help with the smoother theory and they would probably be able to learn some tricks quicker and would learn them first, possibly taking a different path that helps establish their style.

17. Mats
    Date: Fri, Dec 23 2011 16:36:53

eurocracy wrote: Don't girls also have better flexibility naturally?
    Not in their fingers and wrists. :rolleyes:

18. ChainBreak
    Date: Wed, Jan 18 2012 19:58:53

Well I think guys tend to do more finger sports in general eg XCM, Cubing, Magic tricks, etc. I think the reason for that is that we are more into competitions and stuff like that. Like we want to show off our stuff and be recognized for what we do. Same with sports: There is a strong drive to become better and better. Though I myself am not that much into competition I still enjoy battles and challenges, because they help me get better and when I get better my horizon widens which is what I'm after. Girls I think often lack selfconfidence to learn something new on their own. Rather enjoying learning stuff with other people and not so much into getting better. Just into having fun I guess. I think that's the reason not many girls start penspinning, because there are not many people into it to share their experience with them meaning less fun.

19. Mats
    Date: Wed, Jan 18 2012 20:03:54

ChainBreak wrote: Girls I think often lack selfconfidence to learn something new on their own.
    I do not think this is correct. It's not because they lack self-confidence. A strong reason women are not getting involved as much in stuff such as manipulation and sports, I believe, is because of all the changes that are associated with the y chromosome and their lack of these changes.

20. Kari
    Date: Wed, Jan 18 2012 21:17:22

Um how about a girls opinion? I learn new things on my own all the time. If I decide not to learn something right away it is either because I am currently working on a new trick or I don't find that specific trick appealing. For the longest time I always thought hai tua wasn't appealing. But over time it grew on me and I finally decided to learn it. I do not believe it has anything to do with confidence. I really don't even understand why this is here. Guys naturally spin better than girls. I believe that because guys have that need for competition while girls don't care. They would rather their nails look pretty on camera. And that is coming from a girl.

21. wings
    Date: Sun, Feb 5 2012 07:54:41

yeah there's a difference(smooth, and doesn't make rough movements lol) but I don't think girls are very competitive to something like pen spinning @__@ and maybe that explains why there is no female JEB spinner XD im no sexist so i do not care ._.

22. Eternity
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 06:22:51

It seems a lot more like the female PSers take up penspinning out of interest, and place less emphasis on competition and powertricks but instead on how the spinning looks overall (aesthetic appeal? IDK how to put it). I'm a female, I do that, and that's what I've seen in the other female spinners I've met as well. Just a personal observation, though.

23. Wobster
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 07:41:13

Have you ever wondered why guys are like "herp derp - I don't know wtf is going on in the world around me atm" whereas females always seem up to date with the latest news and trends? Females have too great an urge to keep up to date with the latest fashion and news. They wouldn't spend their time.. OMG pen spinning wtf. But guys are like "fuck the news. I'm gonna spin this pen. Check this shit out. Holy shit. Just did punkan x100. U JELLY?". The girls would just be like "cool story-now listen, I'm trying to get this clip out of my hair so could you just STFU for a sec?". - LOL jk jk Anyway, the female spinners on this forum tend to spin more korean style. A lot of guys like to combine korean style with power tricks. At least, that's the impression I got from the videos on this forum.

24. Karrot
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 19:34:00

Eternity wrote: It seems a lot more like the female PSers take up penspinning out of interest, and place less emphasis on competition and powertricks but instead on how the spinning looks overall (aesthetic appeal? IDK how to put it). I'm a female, I do that, and that's what I've seen in the other female spinners I've met as well. Just a personal observation, though.
    Yeah I do that. Since no one spins other than me at school, as long as it looks smooth, everyone thinks I'm good lol

25. Nashi
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 23:09:38

@Kari though, that females are not that into Powertricks. I am a good example for that, lol. And beside that, it could be true, that females are less competitive, I also don't really care about clipbattles and stuff. But on the other side I really want to show how good I am, just to proove that there are also good female spinners and that gender doesn't matter. (And to make all the guys stfu who say that I am soooo good for a girl) Duno about style...

26. Kari
    Date: Sun, Mar 25 2012 23:15:28

Nashi wrote: @Kari though, that females are not that into Powertricks. I am a good example for that, lol. And beside that, it could be true, that females are less competitive, I also don't really care about clipbattles and stuff. But on the other side I really want to show how good I am, just to proove that there are also good female spinners and that gender doesn't matter. (And to make all the guys stfu who say that I am soooo good for a girl) Duno about style...
    Nicely said. :D

27. Wobster
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 01:32:21

Nashi wrote: @Kari though, that females are not that into Powertricks. I am a good example for that, lol. And beside that, it could be true, that females are less competitive, I also don't really care about clipbattles and stuff. But on the other side I really want to show how good I am, just to proove that there are also good female spinners and that gender doesn't matter. (And to make all the guys stfu who say that I am soooo good for a girl) Duno about style...
    Do you know what "jk jk" means? Nevermind.

28. Nashi
    Date: Mon, Mar 26 2012 01:38:04

Okay. English~

29. Alex
    Date: Thu, Apr 5 2012 23:13:11

yeah!!!! ive never seen any female spinners EVER!!!! Is it it just something that doesnt appeal to them????

30. Eternity
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 08:25:28

@Alex: Actually, if you'd read the last two pages, you'd realise that there are at least three to four female spinners LOL --- I've asked most of the spinners at my school and yes, it does seem to me like most of the female spinners I know in real life take up PS out of interest / boredom, while most of the male spinners take it up because it looks awesome.

31. Kari
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 15:23:12

Alex wrote: yeah!!!! ive never seen any female spinners EVER!!!! Is it it just something that doesnt appeal to them????
    What are you talking about? <---- female

32. Nashi
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 15:23:54

I thought, he was ironic. >.>

33. Kari
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 15:40:14

Nashi wrote: I thought, he was ironic. >.>
    I'm going to go with no. :rofl:

34. Karrot
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 21:22:41

Alex wrote: yeah!!!! ive never seen any female spinners EVER!!!! Is it it just something that doesnt appeal to them????
    guess Im not a girl then :P

35. Kari
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 21:53:32

Karrot wrote: guess Im not a girl then :P
    It's just not possible. XD

36. Nashi
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 21:57:12

Well true, there is no such thing as girls on the internet!

37. Fuse
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 22:23:23

Nashi wrote: Well true, there is no such thing as girls on the internet!
    So that single in my area that I was chatting with yesterday is really a man? :trollface:

38. Nashi
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 22:24:02

You are right, sir!

39. Miku
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 22:25:05

what is a girl

40. Nashi
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 22:26:11

Almost philosophical question.

41. Karrot
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 22:31:00

a girl: not a boy xP edit: usually

42. Kari
    Date: Thu, Apr 26 2012 23:06:37

I could tell you what guys are... Guys are girls that have evolved over a long period of time. There were some that kinda got stuck in the middle of a transformation. Those are what we call a tranny. Us women are the full evolution of man therefore making us more intelligent and far more advanced. ~Thought I'd have some fun with this.~

43. utkarsh
    Date: Fri, Apr 27 2012 05:46:47

LOLWHUT kari O.O she really made some sense over there but, it was hypothetical :trollface: and according to biology, females are more advanced, physically and mentally(they care more for people).

44. UEDan
    Date: Sat, May 19 2012 12:08:15

utkarsh wrote: mentally(they care more for people).
    Personal opinoin Sent from my DROID2 Global using Tapatalk 2