UPSB v4

General Discussion / How have your spinning habits changed?

1. WretchedRapture
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 18:47:26

How have your spinning habits changed, as far as time and style goes? Do you spin as much or more than you used to? Have you noticed any significant changes in your style or trick interests as you've progressed? Just curious. Also, why? Did the amount of time change on your own accord or were other things just interferring with your practice sessions? Or perhaps your style changed because of an influence? Haha. Sorry I know it's a lot of questions, just trying to get a discussion going and maybe hear some wise words from some old timers. :]

2. Breezy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 19:25:22

As time passes by. Motivation to become better us lost and I find myself not spinning as much

3. browndog12
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 21:17:53

i find myself spinning just about as much as i did before, but my style and trick repertoire has definitely changed. as all noobs do, i started out trying to power trick only, using a KT. but now i spin with a more korean style with an MX. i cant say im good at it yet though :/

4. Goofy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 22:13:07

definitly spin less than i used to at the beginning cause like breezy said motivation decreases more and more but i'm still at it and improving

5. Koza
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 22:46:04

Over the years my spinning has smoothed out alot, and my control gets better by the day. I'm always spinning. These guys talk about losing motivation, but thats not me. i spin cause i love to spin. i'll get as good as i can when i do. But I spin for fun.

6. JackyMacky
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 23:07:21

Koza wrote: Over the years my spinning has smoothed out alot, and my control gets better by the day. I'm always spinning. These guys talk about losing motivation, but thats not me. i spin cause i love to spin. i'll get as good as i can when i do. But I spin for fun.
    What he said. ^

7. Quake
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 00:52:34

i spin because i always have to be doing something with my hands.( dont think perverted.) as time goes by, i want to spin more and more. i spin EVERYWHERE. so i dont loose motivation to get better. im constantly practicin. :)

8. Raos
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 04:21:05

i spin everyday but not hard core, basically no change YAY IM A PS ADDICT NOW

9. happy_happy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 05:25:14

I used to be major peem/supa fan, you know putting priority into power tricks, and I spun heavy mods. I realized that was overkill on my hands, and I wanted a more flowing design to my spinning. I used a lighter pen, and I put more emphasis on hand aesthetic and combo presentation more than anything else. I think it's my hands that will allow my spinning to get better. tl;dr Heavy pen bad. Go to light pen. Hand looks nicer.

10. Breezy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 05:39:00

DrakeOhMeteor007 wrote: i spin everyday but not hard core, basically no change YAY IM A PS ADDICT NOW
    lmao how long have u been spinning for