UPSB v4

Off-topic / Vegetarian

1. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 07:39:13

So recently i've become a vegetarian. It's mainly for my health and just the thought of animals being slaughtered in my mind just really makes me sick nowadays. What are you thoughts on becoming a vegetarian ?

2. esp
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 07:40:27

Hipster.

3. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 07:53:18

esp wrote: Hipster.
    YOU AIN'T GOT NUFFIN' ON ME :whut:

4. nateiskewl
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 07:58:13

Krispy Kreme wrote: So recently i've become a vegetarian. It's mainly for my health and just the thought of animals being slaughtered in my mind just really makes me sick nowadays. What are you thoughts on becoming a vegetarian ?
    This post makes me want to go eat meat.

5. SJ
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 08:03:47

when did u get a sex change

6. Twine
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 08:25:33

I don't understand the butthurt in this thread. Good on you @Krispy Kreme If you're not trolling. I personally couldn't go without meat unfortunately so I'll just turn a blind eye

7. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 08:36:33

SJ;91352]when did u get a sex change[/QUOTE] LOL I didn't even notice i was a female. [QUOTE=Twine wrote: I don't understand the butthurt in this thread. Good on you @Krispy Kreme If you're not trolling. I personally couldn't go without meat unfortunately so I'll just turn a blind eye
    Nah, you would be able to tell if i was trolling. I usually ate a lot of stuff without meat before becoming fully vegetarian, like salads with mayo or like sandwiches with lettucs, tomato and avocado etc.

8. Krypton
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 08:38:31

I feel bad for the animals, but there's a limited choice of food without meat, and not much protein too. Good for you KK if you're becoming one, as long as you don't get bored. I had a friend who's vegetarian that went for a camp and since we're on the same group, everyone had to eat spaghetti everyday. :P

9. Froggy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 09:06:28

I challenge u that vegetarians can get enough protein daily just from food alone. no supplement =P and also that vegetarians get "better" proteins than meat eaters Hint: Eggs PrinceXD p.s. I'm half vegetarian.. when I'm with my gf, vege mode.. when I'm alone, meat mode..

Krypton wrote: I feel bad for the animals, but there's a limited choice of food without meat, and not much protein too. Good for you KK if you're becoming one, as long as you don't get bored. I had a friend who's vegetarian that went for a camp and since we're on the same group, everyone had to eat spaghetti everyday. :P

10. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 09:25:55

PrinceXD wrote: p.s. I'm half vegetarian.. when I'm with my gf, vege mode.. when I'm alone, meat mode..
    Shouldn't it be that when you're with your girlfriend you should be in meat mode ? ;)

11. Froggy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 09:32:51

T______________T damn u got me. LOL PrinceXD

Krispy Kreme wrote: Shouldn't it be that when you're with your girlfriend you should be in meat mode ? ;)

12. Biji
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 10:14:21

Krispy Kreme wrote: LOL I didn't even notice i was a female. Nah, you would be able to tell if i was trolling. I usually ate a lot of stuff without meat before becoming fully vegetarian, like salads with mayo or like sandwiches with lettucs, tomato and avocado etc.
    Mayo has eggs Real vegetarians don't eat eggs no mayo for you I'm sorry

13. Clyde
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 10:27:13

it's good, you get to live longer, but wouldn't it be difficult to do heavy physical exercises since you don't get as much energy as you do from eating meat?

14. Froggy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 10:27:45

AFAIK, Ovo vegetarian, Lacto vegetarian, Ovo-Lacto vegetarian and vegan are all [B]REAL[/B] vegetarianism.

Biji;91382]Mayo has eggs Real vegetarians don't eat eggs no mayo for you I'm sorry[/QUOTE] When you eat meat, most of the blood go straight to the stomach to digest the food. Since meat is very hard to digest in general its just using up your energy for the first few hrs (a steak can take up to 8hrs to be fully digested) then filling it back up to that level (or less). And because veges that contains protein (tofu, beans, eggs) are much more easier to digest it actually gives more energy than meat. PrinceXD [QUOTE=Clyde wrote: it's good, you get to live longer, but wouldn't it be difficult to do heavy physical exercises since you don't get as much energy as you do from eating meat?

15. Biji
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 10:52:12

PrinceXD wrote: AFAIK, Ovo vegetarian, Lacto vegetarian, Ovo-Lacto vegetarian and vegan are all [B]REAL[/B] vegetarianism. When you eat meat, most of the blood go straight to the stomach to digest the food. Since meat is very hard to digest in general its just using up your energy for the first few hrs (a steak can take up to 8hrs to be fully digested) then filling it back up to that level (or less). And because veges that contains protein (tofu, beans, eggs) are much more easier to digest it actually gives more energy than meat. PrinceXD
    I will concede to your "eating eggs is okay" point, even though I think if you're not going to eat meat, why the hell would eating eggs be okay But I draw the line at calling eggs "veges" They're animal cells, god damnit

16. strat1227
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 10:53:00

I don't understand the point of making a distinction or classifying yourself as vegetarian or whatever Eat what you like, don't eat what you don't like. I don't eat onions, I don't go classifying myself as anything If you don't like eating meat then fine lol, but if you're doing it for political or other reasons like that then you're sadly misguided

17. TheAafg
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 11:42:04

Good for you Krispy. Even though I realize killing animals for meat is bad but I still love my meat. :( It is near impossible for me to live without meat. just a side though: aren't vegetarians killing plants who are also living organisms? sure they grow back but don't the animals also reproduce? just wondering...

18. Froggy
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 11:53:33

Arguing like this is same as saying DC mods are a stick, not a pen. It's a well established fact already. PrinceXD

Biji wrote: I will concede to your "eating eggs is okay" point, even though I think if you're not going to eat meat, why the hell would eating eggs be okay But I draw the line at calling eggs "veges" They're animal cells, god damnit

19. Rarity
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 11:54:29

For those who talk about feeling bad for killing animals just to feed us, It's alright. God wouldn't have made them if we were to just kill them anyway. And the priests should always be preaching about stopping killing animals. It's not animal cruelty, and it's not against the law. Meat is also our main source of protein. Our muscles would be so undernourished. It would be hard to do physical activity. Well, we NEED to have a balanced diet. It would be hard to live if you eat a meal everyday without meat/vegetables. If you don't eat meat, it would be hard to move around. If you don't eat vegetables, you would get lots of sicknesses. So when @Krispy Kreme says that turning into a vegetarian is for your health, he shouldn't expect an improvement in it. I also don't think of becoming a vegetarian because of what is stated above. EDIT : inb4 tl;dr

20. Quai
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 12:23:49

Knowing someone who is vegetarian makes me want to let them watch EpicMealTime on youtube. Just kidding! :D

21. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 12:37:05

I didn't say i was a 'real' vegetarian. I'm in the post stages of my chemo treatment and my meals effect me a lot. My lymph nodes are suddenly been swelling up the past through days, this also happened when i had a relapse mid last year. My doctor said meat feeds the cancer cells and my diet helps my immune system to fight the the cancer cells.

22. Argon_City
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 12:56:36

Hi guys. I'm not a vegetarian, but I puke whenever I eat meat with bones. But I'm fine eating sausages and nuggets and fish. I just feel nauseous when I eat any meat with the 'shape' of an animal body part.

23. SuiXidaL
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 13:03:40

loonwern93 wrote: Hi guys. I'm not a vegetarian, but I puke whenever I eat meat with bones. But I'm fine eating sausages and nuggets and fish. I just feel nauseous when I eat any meat with the 'shape' of an animal body part.
    You know what ? Just go fuck yourself you ignorant bastard, for the well being of UPSB.

24. Rapid
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 13:09:44

:rofl: I eat a LOT of vegetables. sometimes in a week i only eat vegetables. but its still balanced with my meat diet.

25. Argon_City
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 13:21:00

Krispy Kreme wrote: You know what ? Just go fuck yourself you ignorant bastard, for the well being of UPSB.
    :whut:

26. tacohead12
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 14:51:47

So what kind of vegetarian are you? o-o Cuz most of the ones I know still eat seafood but not red meat or poultry. and they eat eggs and drink milk and stuff. I'm basically just asking what do you eat? lol

27. Biji
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 16:31:09

PrinceXD wrote: Arguing like this is same as saying DC mods are a stick, not a pen. It's a well established fact already. PrinceXD
    Dear @PrinceXD By what you're saying I have : (1) Eggs are vegetables (From what you said : "veges that contains protein (tofu, beans, eggs)") (2) Chicken come from eggs (Commonly known scientific fact) From what you said, I can therefore deduce that (3) Chickens grow from plants. Assuming no hybrid plant/animal species exists And that your initial statement was axiomatic ("veges that contains protein (tofu, beans, eggs))") I can conclude that (4) Chickens are plants. To be quite frank, I don't really care about what people eat, it's their choice But you sir, are fucking wrong about eggs being vegetables

28. nateiskewl
    Date: Fri, May 6 2011 17:55:49

PrinceXD wrote: Since meat is very hard to digest in general
    Not as hard to digest as corn. Humans were never intended to consume that shit. Any meat lovers want to go out for veal tonight?

29. Colin
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 04:14:10

Krispy Kreme wrote: Shouldn't it be that when you're with your girlfriend you should be in meat mode ? ;)
    +1! I cant STAND the thought of being vegetarian. I like meat, especially in my mouth. I love the taste of dark meat, especially. :trollface: In all seriousness, no. My uncle went vegan, he's miserable. Doesnt show it, but he's miserable. He's lost a considerable amount of weight, plus..eating tofu and tofu curd and other means of protein is really really unsatisfying. I need steak, chicken breast, chicken thigh, pork, i NEED differnt cuts of meats; not processed shit that has the consistancy of meat. But if youre ever in an Asian-centered town, and they have an asian market, try looking for asian vegan food. that shit is BOMB. Contridicting? yes. but its good every now and then.

30. Froggy
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 04:24:50

You know what, I'm not a vegetarian, I eat meat I dont care about eggs, they taste good So, how about this. You win! PrinceXD p.s. I dont even fucking care.

Biji wrote: a bunch of theories

31. MonsterPandasEatTofu
    Date: Sat, May 7 2011 05:28:29

I don't feel completely bad for eating meat, but I don't enjoy eating meat so I eat a lot of soy (tofu, soybeans etc...) make sure to eat a lot of alternative protein sources to keep yourself healthy ^.^ good luck

32. bonkey12
    Date: Sun, May 8 2011 15:46:50

wtf princexd and biji just trolled the shit out of eggs O_o

33. neXus
    Date: Sun, May 8 2011 16:03:44

As I feel superior to animals I have no problem with killing and eating them. This would not change would I have to kill the animals myself as long as I'm being taught how to do it properly. (People like to ask that.)

34. nateiskewl
    Date: Sun, May 8 2011 16:48:50

I only eat animals' faces.

35. strat1227
    Date: Sun, May 8 2011 16:53:27

neXus what about humans you feel superior to? lol

36. neXus
    Date: Sun, May 8 2011 17:13:50

There's some humans I feel superior to but unless in a survival situation I see no need to eat them. And in these situations I would eat anyone who's not friend or family.

37. Biji
    Date: Sun, May 8 2011 17:17:49

strat1227 wrote: neXus what about humans you feel superior to? lol
    Because you don't make a list of the order of people to be eaten in case of apocalypse whenever you enter a room? For shame, strat

38. strat1227
    Date: Sun, May 8 2011 17:41:21

That list has nothing to do with superiority, it has to do with who'd be the most nutritious

39. Biji
    Date: Sun, May 8 2011 17:48:24

strat1227 wrote: That list has nothing to do with superiority, it has to do with who'd be the most nutritious
    Actually I start with whoever would eat the most Much easier to rate then who's most nutritious

40. Kirby
    Date: Mon, May 9 2011 03:44:01

PETA, People Eating Tasty Animals. meat is healthy, so it doesn't make sense for health reasons. And the animals you generally eat are too fucking stupid (with the exception of pigs). Chickin, fish, beef, turkey. Nut up, eat meat. http://www.youtube.com/user/EpicMealTime?blend=1&ob=5

41. Neotoma
    Date: Mon, May 9 2011 11:37:45

Well I used to be a vegetarian but its alot of work! You have to take all kinds of pills and stuff for protein and you sorta miss meat for a while, If you truly enjoy meat dont give it up, Dont do it for the animals, The only good reason to become a vegetarian is for your health.